BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I disagree.
My list is :-
1. Fiesta
2. Verna
3. Aveo
Fiesta is the best in terms of performance, handling and FE. My colleague went in for an Aveo 1.4 and I for a Fiesta 1.6. He gets FE of only 9 to 10, whereas I get 10-12 with AC in Hyd traffic.

Please request your fren to take his Chevy to service station, Most of aveo i know are giving 11+ with 100 % AC on bangalore traffic.

Different car fits in different requirement hence agree to your list too
Old 20th June 2007, 11:04   #167
Team-BHP Support

I had the chance to take a TD on an Aveo 1.6 which was brought to my office yesterday. Since this car was with the improved gearshift, i decided to take a spin in it. Had driven the earlier version and the gear shift was horrible, which made me retire and hand over the keys to my friend to drive.

The gear shift quality on the new Aveos is definitely a lot better over the previous ones. Not as precise as probably the one on my Ikon, but yeah, it was an improvement. Long throws didnt help either.

Interiors defintiely were good, which is a major plus point. However, if it were my money, i would go in for the Fiesta.
Old 20th June 2007, 12:47   #168
Distinguished - BHPian

@vnabhi, 10-12 is also a very large variation when we talk about FE in cars. If 10-11 or 9-10, it makes sense.

It ain't too difficult to gauge the actual mileage ( in decimals) if we take the pain once in a while
Old 20th June 2007, 12:49   #169
Team-BHP Support

mobike, i guess vnabhi was referring to the range here. He should be getting a min of 10, and max of 12 kmpl, which is why he mentioned it that way.
Old 20th June 2007, 12:53   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
mobike, i guess vnabhi was referring to the range here. He should be getting a min of 10, and max of 12 kmpl, which is why he mentioned it that way.
And that's a pretty acceptable range I'd say since driving conditions would not be exactly the same between tankfuls - not unless you have the exact same traffic parameters & conditions wherever you go..........and whenever you go
Old 23rd June 2007, 02:12   #171

I have decided to go for aveo 1.4. But the FE figures stated in last few posts
is very disappointing. My believe was FE is 12-13 in city.
Can some aveo owners plz post their figures.

gava.
Old 23rd June 2007, 14:39   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gava View Post
I have decided to go for aveo 1.4. But the FE figures stated in last few posts
is very disappointing. My believe was FE is 12-13 in city.
Can some aveo owners plz post their figures.

gava.

Sir,

12-13-14 is what u will get depends on your driving style. I own a aveo done 1100 kms gives me 11+ so far after first service i m sure it gonna give me 13+ hopefully
Old 24th June 2007, 10:48   #173
BHPian

@ gava,

my 10 months, 7000kms old AVEO 1.4LS gives me around 12.5 kms/l with full AC and 13-13.5 without AC in city conditions. Highway figures are not checked yet.

@ kamy

yes you can expect a rise of atmost 1km/l after first service at 5000kms.
Old 26th June 2007, 13:38   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
And that's a pretty acceptable range I'd say since driving conditions would not be exactly the same between tankfuls - not unless you have the exact same traffic parameters & conditions wherever you go..........and whenever you go
Suman, you are right---I was referring to the range of min and max I was getting out of my car. Mostly the variation was due to traffic conditions. It was lowest when I had to crawl many times over Begumpet flyover.
Old 25th July 2007, 19:09   #175
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, Apologies if I am posting the same query in multiple threads but is it worth buying a Jan/Feb 2007 Aveo 1.4 Base now? I am being assured by Bangy dealers that any changes to gearshift etc was made in December 2006 and all 2007 cars are with the improved action. Is this all bull or can I go ahead? Any suggestions would be deeply appreciated as I want to book immediately!!

Best regards,
Itwasntme
Old 26th July 2007, 10:08   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Guys, Apologies if I am posting the same query in multiple threads but is it worth buying a Jan/Feb 2007 Aveo 1.4 Base now? I am being assured by Bangy dealers that any changes to gearshift etc was made in December 2006 and all 2007 cars are with the improved action. Is this all bull or can I go ahead? Any suggestions would be deeply appreciated as I want to book immediately!!

Best regards,
Itwasntme
Suggest you take TD multiple times & if you feel comfortable with gear-shift, just go for it & don't bother if it was Jan/Feb model. What about the dials? Are they the new one? I guess this "supposedly" improved gear-shift & change in dials took place at the same time. Personally I don't have any complaints about the gear shift in the earlier version of Aveo also. I've been driving this for one year & never had any such problem. Any new car will take sometime to get used to (clutch, brake & gearshift especially). If you like the car & don't have any problem with gearshift yourself, don't think twice. Just go & book it
Old 28th July 2007, 15:27   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post

Best regards,
Itwasntme
You could take the TD of YOUR car once it comes to the dealer's yard. Do this before sending the car for registration. The dealer might say that they cannot take the car out without registration. But this is quite possible. I have seen some dealers giving stock cars to TD for others.

You could also do a PDI as per http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...heck-list.html

Nirmal

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks