Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2007, 16:36   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman
I'm almost ashamed to mention what it was at the 15,000 kms mark - 700 only
Due to Ford not doing an oil change at 1000kms, which MUL does. So if you compare evenly (cost per oil change), it was only 604 for me per change. Cheaper by 96 bucks.
Old 26th March 2007, 16:37   #32
BHPian

So, you the ones with low maintenance on cars, dont you do periodical (every 6 months or 6000 km) services?
Paid services do come at a charge, right? Are these expenses outside of regular servicing?

Siva
Old 26th March 2007, 16:41   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Due to Ford not doing an oil change at 1000kms, which MUL does. So if you compare evenly (cost per oil change), it was only 604 for me per change. Cheaper by 96 bucks.
Ford (at least my service center) uses Castrol........

Last edited by suman : 26th March 2007 at 16:42.
Old 27th March 2007, 10:01   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
While suman's maintenance expense for the Fiesta is indeed quite low (given the normal high Ford maintenance that we hear of), IMO there is nothing to be stunned about. My Baleno has done 15000 kms and is 2 years old and the total maintenance exp till date is 604+0+634 = 1238.
As far as the comments here are to be believed, any Ford car is supposed to be high on maintenance, and equivalent to 'white elephants' to maintain. The fact here is that the owners themselves time and again maintain that these are not true, and atleast the new breeds from the Ford stable are low on maintenace.

Thats all that was supposed to mean......
Old 27th March 2007, 13:04   #35
BHPian

My concern after reading all the messages is that the Ford Fiesta would turn out to be a white elephent on the maintanence front and the cheapest would be the verna. However not seeing much info on the aveo. Would you say its better or worse off (in terms of expense for maintanence) when compared to fiesta?
Old 28th March 2007, 09:56   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by victor0012 View Post
My concern after reading all the messages is that the Ford Fiesta would turn out to be a white elephent on the maintanence front
In that case you've missed the point my friend. I've shared actual costs with you for a 1.6, do you think that Rs 2,930 in 14 months & 25,000 kms is "white elephant"ish? , looks like you've missed the point!
Old 28th March 2007, 10:40   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
In that case you've missed the point my friend. I've shared actual costs with you for a 1.6, do you think that Rs 2,930 in 14 months & 25,000 kms is "white elephant"ish? , looks like you've missed the point!
No offense meant but, you seem to be the only ford owner who is claiming such low expense on the vehicle. Before a buyer decides on a car he would certainely want a majority opinion and not just a single optimistic one.

Do you think Ford gained the impression of being expensive just on everybody's whim or fancy? Think again
Old 28th March 2007, 10:47   #38
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
No offense meant but, you seem to be the only ford owner who is claiming such low expense on the vehicle. Before a buyer decides on a car he would certainely want a majority opinion and not just a single optimistic one.

Do you think Ford gained the impression of being expensive just on everybody's whim or fancy? Think again
I guess this goes to show that if u maintain your car well, you wudnt need to shell out all your finances on it. If suman's Ford incurs low expenses to maintain, kudos to him.

Between i too am a Ford owner, with the so-called expensive to maintain Ikon, and with 6700+kms on the odo, my expenses have been Rs. 0/- (ZERO) on maintenance.

Some other Ford owners too may be asked to join in and pour in their comments.
Old 28th March 2007, 11:16   #39
BHPian

completely agree with suman and benbsb29 i own a fiesta 1.6 and the amount spent is the same as what suman has spent on his car for service
Old 28th March 2007, 11:25   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Before a buyer decides on a car he would certainely want a majority opinion and not just a single optimistic one.

I agree with the bit about a majority opinion but I'm not sure what exactly you are insinuating in the second part of your post.

I find it a bit offensive but I'll let it go. I follow company service schedules and am open to you challenging my service records if you feel anything is understated. I would think that most people who've actually maintained service records painstakingly would have more or less the same results.

I think that you have absolutely NO FIRST HAND information about Ford, rather you have gone on the general perception of expense. There are reasons for that perception - Ford vehicles have been expensive to maintain in the past, the costs are much lower now due to indigenization.

I don't think I've compared anywhere with service costs of Hyundai or Chevrolet, simply because I do not have them. All I've mentioned are MY SERVICE COSTS and the fact that I think they are low.

Don't destroy your credibility by indulging in senseless mudslinging - it creates a "perception" about you as well. If you want to contribute in a constructive manner to this thread, please share your service costs and records - it would help all. My costs & experiences are OPENLY shared in the long term ownership records section. Which is more than what I can say about a LOT of others who claim low costs on certain manufacturers models but rarely put their own experiences on paper.

Cheers!

Last edited by suman : 28th March 2007 at 11:26.
Old 28th March 2007, 13:47   #41
BHPian

Fiesta is a better bet anyday...
Old 28th March 2007, 14:21   #42
BHPian

Quote:

I think that you have absolutely NO FIRST HAND information about Ford
And there lies the problem ... i think all of us here need to make a consciouss effort to constantly update ourselves with the present situation and not rely on past trends and personal biases, to make unwarranted generalizataions ... especially without first hand information ... we owe it to others who rely on this forum to make decisions to give them FACTS first , before personal opinions ... atleat with regard to things like maintainance.
Who better to tell you about the current state of affairs that people who actually own the cars in question ???
Old 28th March 2007, 14:41   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I agree with the bit about a majority opinion but I'm not sure what exactly you are insinuating in the second part of your post.

I find it a bit offensive but I'll let it go. I follow company service schedules and am open to you challenging my service records if you feel anything is understated. I would think that most people who've actually maintained service records painstakingly would have more or less the same results.

I think that you have absolutely NO FIRST HAND information about Ford, rather you have gone on the general perception of expense. There are reasons for that perception - Ford vehicles have been expensive to maintain in the past, the costs are much lower now due to indigenization.

I don't think I've compared anywhere with service costs of Hyundai or Chevrolet, simply because I do not have them. All I've mentioned are MY SERVICE COSTS and the fact that I think they are low.

Don't destroy your credibility by indulging in senseless mudslinging - it creates a "perception" about you as well. If you want to contribute in a constructive manner to this thread, please share your service costs and records - it would help all. My costs & experiences are OPENLY shared in the long term ownership records section. Which is more than what I can say about a LOT of others who claim low costs on certain manufacturers models but rarely put their own experiences on paper.

Cheers!
You seem to have taken it a bit too much to the heart. My opinion was based on the experiences of two of my closest friends who both have Ikon 1.6 and a cousin who owns a flair and they continously harp that it bloody expensive to maintain their vehicles and I didnt delve deeper to find out/compare with mine but the fact registered in my mind plus the general opinion here on this forum about ford cars that it is usually more expensive to maintain than other manafacturers.

Btw, second service of my CRDI was done last week at 8K kms ( instead of 10K as it says in manual) and i paid 900 bucks for the same for oil change. First service was nil cost. Had i bought my car a month ago ( Sep 2006), i wouldn't have had to pay even that. Hyundai started charging its customers for oil from then onwards. Now, i am good to go until 20K.

So chill and sorry if my comment bothered you.
Old 28th March 2007, 14:48   #44
Senior - BHPian

Agree with Suman. Most of us have preconcieved notions abt certain products and company's and most of the times its more hearsay than experience. The ford service isnt costly, even the parts now are very reasonably priced.
Old 28th March 2007, 14:52   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You seem to have taken it a bit too much to the heart.
Not at all, my reaction was more to the sceptical tone of your message than anything else.......as I try not to generalize based on what I've "heard" rather than experienced
Quote:
My opinion was based on the experiences of two of my closest friends who both have Ikon 1.6 and a cousin who owns a flair and they continously harp that it bloody expensive to maintain their vehicles and I didnt delve deeper to find out/compare with mine but the fact registered in my mind plus the general opinion here on this forum about ford cars that it is usually more expensive to maintain than other manafacturers.
Exactly my point.....we are comparing a Fiesta & you base it on your friends experiences with the earlier Ikons (even that is subjective) AND general opinion on this forum (Most of which is from non-owners). The guy in question is asking for SPECIFIC information so lets give that based on specifics that we are aware of?
Quote:
So chill and sorry if my comment bothered you.
No sweat, the chapter is over, lets move on

Last edited by suman : 28th March 2007 at 15:03.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks