Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which C2 segment sedan would you choose?
Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI 96 25.74%
Honda City 198 53.08%
Hyundai Verna 36 9.65%
Maruti Ciaz 6 1.61%
Toyota Yaris 7 1.88%
Volkswagen Vento 26 6.97%
Other (please specify in your post) 4 1.07%
Voters: 373. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2020, 18:18   #61
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI vs Honda City vs Hyundai Verna vs others

Hyundai Verna for me. (Wanted to write 'voted for the Verna' but couldn't find the voting button ).

I have been driving the 2017 edition of the Hyundai Verna SX+ which just completed 50K kms recently. I upgraded from a Maruti Swift VDi which clocked 81,000 kms in 5.5 years, as my left knee threatened to give up in peek Mumbai traffic. I was really in love with the Swift and its 1800rpm turbo boost power delivery which gave you that amazing pushed-in-the-seat feeling.

I considered the following (Diesel AT was a must considering my daily drive of 80+kms) - VW Vento / Ameo / Duster (Diesel AMT) and settled for the Verna. Did not consider the Dzire, Rapid, City (Dzire - same engine as Swift, Rapid for Skoda's notoroius A.S.S & after-sales reputation and City - No Diesel AT).

The reason for choosing the Verna - As mentioned in the beginning by GTO and some other members - Smooth Diesel AT combo. Powerful with some of the old Verna's bounciness taken care of. Better adjusted steering (still vague but better than the old Verna). The back seat is hardly used so that takes care of the (probably) only negative aspect of the Verna.
ThePatientMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2020, 00:54   #62
rkw
BHPian

Its always Honda City in this segment considering the pleasant experience of 3rd gen City over the last 10 years. The car still feels new. Absolute pleasure driving! Have enjoyed long trips. Driving dynamics & handling are very impressive. The name "City" is actually a misnomer as it is a great highway performer. Just gentle tap on the pedal & it touches 3 digit speeds with good traction. Ageing is so elegant. Have hardly changed any parts except tyres & battery. Only concern has been low ground clearance when roads are bad.
rkw is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th August 2020, 17:39   #63
BHPian

How does the 1.5NA petrol of Hyundai performs? Also just watched Autocar India's video of City vs Verna (diesel) and seems like the Hyundai handles better! Can anyone shed some more light?
Old 8th September 2020, 13:34   #64
BHPian

Even with the introduction of the Rider variant, Rapid only sold 697 units in August. The competition in the Executive Sedan segment is clearly between City and Verna, the only 2 models selling more than 2000 units in August.

However, the entire segment sold less than 60% of the number of Hyundai Creta sold in August which is just plain sad.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks