Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2007, 14:14   #16
BHPian

Thanks for the feedback guys. Just saw the car i mentioned yesterday. Really liked it and have decided to get it. Have fixed a price of 9.4 for it. It is a April 2006 car and has 5846 miles on it. Will post picks as soon as I get my hands on her.
Old 31st March 2007, 22:29   #17
Senior - BHPian

50% depreciation for less than a year old car.....Awesome.
Assume New RS would be 14ish on road Mumbai.

Last edited by dipen : 31st March 2007 at 22:31.
Old 31st March 2007, 23:03   #18
BHPian

how much is the RS in bangalore now??..i dont see too many around...so i would assume there are some discounts...the civic now i see everywhere, lol . I too am in the same quandary...Octavia RS Vs. Civic.
Old 1st April 2007, 02:15   #19
Senior - BHPian

@nik whats the reason owner is selling the car...that seems like an awesome price for an april 2006 car done only 5g's...another option is a pre-owned merc e-class also heard they going cheap now days anything between 10 to 16lakhs..round lights..
Old 1st April 2007, 12:32   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik1982 View Post
Just saw the car i mentioned yesterday. Really liked it and have decided to get it. Have fixed a price of 9.4 for it. It is a April 2006 car and has 5846 miles on it. Will post picks as soon as I get my hands on her.
Is this an Yellow RS? There was a yellow (I strongly think so, but not 100% sure of that) RS with exactly the same specs listed in Mumbai classifieds since December. Nothing to worry about, probably didnt get sold because it is an RS? But why is it on sale so soon? Just thinking aloud here.
Old 1st April 2007, 13:26   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
@nik whats the reason owner is selling the car...that seems like an awesome price for an april 2006 car done only 5g's...another option is a pre-owned merc e-class also heard they going cheap now days anything between 10 to 16lakhs..round lights..
@dalalalalalal@l@l@lala - The Merc you are talking about are 1999 models so thats around more then 7 years, 8 to be precise old and the RS is less then a year old.

Plus german maintainance is German. The RS in all probabilty would be in warranty.

P.S 5846 Miles or is that a typo??

Last edited by BUSA : 1st April 2007 at 13:30. Reason: Typo
Old 1st April 2007, 15:09   #22
BHPian

Yup you guys have read correctly. It is a black RS from Rajkot some rich kid does not like it anymore and wants the civic so he is selling this. As far as the mileage goes its no typo this is the actual mileage. The car has had only one service, the tyres and alloys are in good condition no ratling sound from the car a couple of scrathes here and there. The interior seats are really dirty and will definately have to change the white fabric part of the seats and put some new carpets as well. As far as the price goes he was not budging below 10 but somehow a common friend managed to convince his dad. Anyway i would spend 1.2lakhs on reg, octroi, insurance and interiors once i get the car so i have already exceeded my budget of 10.
Old 1st April 2007, 16:05   #23
BHPian

sorry its kms and not miles. just used to saying miles i guess
Old 1st April 2007, 18:33   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik1982 View Post
sorry its kms and not miles. just used to saying miles i guess
Thats a good price . But i am sure you are aware of the Highhhh maintainance of Skoda ...
Old 2nd April 2007, 12:50   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_78 View Post
Thats a good price . But i am sure you are aware of the Highhhh maintainance of Skoda ...
how bad is Skoda maintenance? i mean there must be some 3rd party mechs with good experience in european cars in major metros seeing as Skoda has been in India for some time now...plus the 1.8T in the RS is pretty solid.
Old 2nd April 2007, 12:57   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
how bad is Skoda maintenance?
From the official Skoda dealers, a bit more expensive than the rest. But, this is due to them using only 100% synthetic oil, which accounts for most of the cost. Filters are at par with the others, so is labour.

However, if you have an accident, it's really expensive. But regular service is nothing more or less than the others if you factor in the oil used. It just seem's that they have now developed a label in India, which, as we all know, is something that will be very hard to shake off, and people who have no clue mention super high costs of a Skoda.
Old 2nd April 2007, 13:16   #27
BHPian

If you could get a second hand civic GO for it!! The skoda RS won't be as economic plus I hear it eats tires for breakfast!

Only issue is the 'If you could get' mentioned above. Why not consider a hyundai elantra. I've seen a 15,000 km elantra 2005 going for 7L in navi mumbai.
Old 2nd April 2007, 14:59   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandal View Post
If you could get a second hand civic GO for it!! The skoda RS won't be as economic plus I hear it eats tires for breakfast!

Only issue is the 'If you could get' mentioned above. Why not consider a hyundai elantra. I've seen a 15,000 km elantra 2005 going for 7L in navi mumbai.
Have already decided to go for the RS going to pick it up mostly end of this week. Thanks
Old 3rd April 2007, 02:26   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech View Post
From the official Skoda dealers, a bit more expensive than the rest. But, this is due to them using only 100% synthetic oil, which accounts for most of the cost. Filters are at par with the others, so is labour.

However, if you have an accident, it's really expensive. But regular service is nothing more or less than the others if you factor in the oil used. It just seem's that they have now developed a label in India, which, as we all know, is something that will be very hard to shake off, and people who have no clue mention super high costs of a Skoda.
oh ok...but yeah synthetic is worth it though...the only thing is that there is only one skoda showroom in bangalore so i guess price gouging will be there :(. But how is the RS though, overall? ive heard FE is not too bad...and that its a fun car
Old 4th April 2007, 19:28   #30
BHPian

nik1982, enjoy the RS and enjoy outrunning the Civics. As Rtech mentioned, the routine services are comparable with similar class cars. I have done 25k kms and my 4 services have cost 19k. Bomi.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks