Team-BHP - Is 4.25 L the right price for a 2003 OHC Vtec
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Sedans (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans/)
-   -   Is 4.25 L the right price for a 2003 OHC Vtec (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans/22728-4-25-l-right-price-2003-ohc-vtec.html)

Hi,

I am just on the verge of finalising a deal for OHC VTEC with a dealer in Mumbai and need some guidance whether I should go the last mile and close the deal :

The details are as under

manufactured : Jan 03 and registered : April 2003

Naples Gold, overall in good condition except for minor dents / scrathes on the body ( thanks to Mumbai's traffic / parking conditions)

Company registered, single owner, Comprehensive insurance expiring on April 07

Thane registered and done 34,000 kms.

Leather seat covers and original Honda Tape deck.

Also since tomorrow is my final visit to the dealer, kindly let me know, what all should my checklist include so that I don't miss out on anything.

Early replies will be appreciated.

Thanks

~A

The dealer also has a MH17 registered 2003 April OHC 1.5 EXI in immaculate condition, completely scratchless and nice aura alloys. The price quoted for this car too is 4.25 L.

STEEP..for an ohc exi...4.25...way too much...for that price you could get an NHC....wear as for your vtec you going to finalise is also steep but if uve got your heart set on it..then jus go ahead and buy it..34000 sounds good too.

dingling: 3.4L for a 2003 well kept vtec, more like a 2001 spec pal

adiyapd: anywhere between 3.75-4ish is an ok price dependign on condition, place of registration, channel of purchase, etc
check with viper, he got his vtec recently, he should know the market prices for the same.

manson.

Hmph. my friend bought a 2002 Vtec in chennai for 4.85L.

@danlalan... Who wants a NHC?

WOW!! 2002 model at 4.85 lakh!!! way too high i say

2001 Vtec 2nd owner was quoted at 5.55L in bangalore. consider that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by danlalan (Post 402464)
STEEP..for an ohc exi...4.25...way too much...for that price you could get an NHC....wear as for your vtec you going to finalise is also steep but if uve got your heart set on it..then jus go ahead and buy it..34000 sounds good too.

a NHC for 4.25 L in Mumbai....danlalan can you pls give me details of this car / dealer....i know someone who might be interested.

and esteem lover dunno about prices in Chennai / Bangalore but used car prices are way cheaper in Mumbai

~A

no man, saw something in CMH road in bangalore, dealer, couple of weeks back 2003 42k km single owner, was quoting 4.7 which could be bargained atleast by another 20 k only issue was the color some version of gold which looked yuck, they claimed to have service record also since i asked coz the car was in tip top shape

this specimen was parked way inside hidden wonder why...

the price is fine as the car has done 34k only
prices are pretty much similar in delhi also
ohc vtec '03 sells for 3.6-3.8 and good ones with low mileage as the one you mention go for 4+

Aditya - Here's the check list:

1. Mileage - Make sure that the 34k as told to you is genuine & that the meter has not been wound back.

2. Engine & Gearbox- Drive it around & rev her to 7000 rpm in seocnd gear, should do it absolutely clean with absolutely no problems. Gears should also engage smmothly & the clutch should be quite light.

3. Suspension - This is one of the Achilles Heel of the OHC, make sure that the suspension is in good shape by driving around on bumpy roads & listening for any unusual sound especially from the front tie-rod ends since they are quite susceptible to failure. Also in an empty parking lot/ground turn the steering full lock on both left & right sides & drive the car to make sure there is no noise from the axles.

4. Steering Rack - This is a known component which can fail in some cases. Make sure that the steering rack does not make a noise in bumps.

5. Accidental Damage - Make sure there is no accidental damage of any kind.

6. Genuity - Most important of them all, please be 100% sure that the car is a genuine VTEC & not a tarted-up 1.5 Here is a small checklist:

1. Enkei Alloys 14"
2. Leather on Steering Wheel & Gearknob.
3. Silver finish console.
4. See-through head rests.
5. Twin-pipe Exhaust.
6. VTEC labelled Engine Head Cover.

4.50 is the asking price for that NHC..done 45000ks...shall ask the owner if its still for sale or sold...

Like Manson said, anything between 3.75 - 4 is pretty much the average for a 2003 Vtec. If you like the car, try to bargain down. If you really like the car, pick it up nevertheless. A clean used car will save you a lot of $$$ in the long run.

Quote:

1. Enkei Alloys 14"
Enkei?? I never had a clue.

Hi Adityapd,

As Manson and GTO suggested 3.75-4 lacs is a correct price for the car. I got mine for 3.45 lacs which was loaded with a lot of stuff. If you want me to have the car authenticated for you and checked for abuse or tampering give me a buzz will be glad to help out.

BTW which shape are we talking about. Was the type II not discontinued in 2002, at least thats what I was told.

Viper

type 2 went out in late 2003, stocks were cleared as late as october 2003.

manson.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 402718)
Enkei?? I never had a clue.

Yup, genuine Enkei's!!