Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2007, 22:10   #16
BHPian

guys m stuck up between safai & scorpio which one will be suitable??
Old 9th April 2007, 22:11   #17
BHPian

sorry .. it was safari
Old 10th April 2007, 01:48   #18
BHPian

Hell Raiser, I think you've posted here by mistake.You need to open up a new thread with your requirements
Old 10th April 2007, 02:56   #19
Senior - BHPian

Better still, read through some of the older threads. The Safari vs Scorpio question has been asked before.
Old 10th April 2007, 10:17   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsvijay View Post
Actually i thought i will go for Honda city, but my bro seems to hate its look and says diesel is better as its economical. Only these reasons make me choose diesel. Think 20 rupee fuel difference shouldnt keep honda out of the circle. Is honda coming with a upgraded version?
That may not be exactly true. Your reasoning and choice otherwise is sound. Petrol - Honda. Diesel - Verna. For that kind of money of course.
Old 10th April 2007, 11:54   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
One of the two has to be worse and yes better 'handling' means a compromised ride.
I agree with Steer here. One cant have both handling, as well as superior ride comfort together. One will be compromised over the other.

Coming to the topic at hand here... the Fiesta is worth a look at. It has a good gear shift feel, although the clutch i feel is kinda hard.. which may also be due to the test drive vehicle i had driven. Rest of the details regarding the Ford have already been expressed.
Old 10th April 2007, 12:01   #22
Senior - BHPian

I don't agree with "one of them has to be worse". It could be a little compromised (stress little). Drive a BMW and you'll know how it could.
Old 10th April 2007, 12:08   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
I agree with Steer here. One cant have both handling, as well as superior ride comfort together. One will be compromised over the other.
Agree with you guys as well. Though Fiesta has been reported to have a great ride by most auto-mags (ACI in particular), they would be referring to the handling, rather than ride comfort.

However, one could have both better ride + handling provided you have a much better suspension like in the C-class, but then again, you will always have a better handler like the 3-series at that level.
Old 10th April 2007, 12:12   #24
Team-BHP Support

As everyone suggested, go for the Verna. Its a nice car except for brakes and handling which can be upgraded to satisfaction levels. And Hyundai service is better than Ford.
Old 10th April 2007, 14:45   #25
BHPian

do take a test drove of both diesels ... in the city , make no mistake , i doubt you'd notice much difference in performance between the two ... in gear roll - on times of the fiesta and verna are quite similar ... but just knowing that you have all that power under the hood(verna) ought to make one feel good ... it'll make you find those open stretches (and there's always the highway)

Cheers !!
Old 10th April 2007, 15:05   #26
BHPian

safari..old war horse but more refined now
Old 11th April 2007, 14:49   #27
BHPian

Guys... Tell me, is it true that diesel engine gets worn off after 60000kms...
Old 21st June 2011, 13:51   #28
BHPian

Re: Help me choose a car >>

HI,

I am planning to buy a car in the range of 4 to 4.5 lakhs, but i can stretch my budget by another 50k, if its worth. My requirements are;

1. On an average one to & fro trip to Hosur or Chennai per month from Coimbatore (600 to 1000 kms)
2. Mostly Me, my wife and my 10 months old kid, but elder parents and in-laws may occupt rear seats occasionally
3. Already own a maruti 800 2001 model, planning to sell, priority for me is FE and Maintenance, and decent highway ride quality
4. May use the car occasionally in City, as i prefer to ride my thunderbird to office

I have shortlisted these cars, but quite confused with Beat Diesel, which is going to be launched this month or next month

1. Spark LPG or Petrol (LT)
2. Beat LPG (LS)
3. Beat Diesel (PS or LS)

For me AC and power steering is enough, as i can fit the power windows outside. (need ur suggestions here too).

Thanks,

Prasana

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks