Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2007, 22:18   #16
Senior - BHPian

I would vote for the OHC too provided you get a decent car within your price range. Having said that, the esteem is a great buy too if you are very particular on A.S.S and easy maintenance.
Old 21st April 2007, 23:33   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
esteem is a great buy too if you are very particular on A.S.S and easy maintenance.
who says hondas are hard or costly car to maintain
my mom has a nhc and i tak e it for regular service and all i pay is 600 bucks for a normal service and the spares are also prices kk
Old 22nd April 2007, 00:20   #18
Team-BHP Support

yup baleno,city are good options. you can even get some mint 1.3 L also in type 2 and those might be at real throw away price.. they are also ok for a regular driver (not for performance enthusiast though)
Old 22nd April 2007, 08:19   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
yup baleno,city are good options. you can even get some mint 1.3 L also in type 2 and those might be at real throw away price.. they are also ok for a regular driver (not for performance enthusiast though)
In the sense of 'top whatevers' you're right, there's better performance options. But in the fun to drive department, sweet revving and sounding engine, involvement on the road and point and shoot handling, the 1.3 ain't bad at all. I'd shopped around for the Ikon, Accent before I zeroed in on the City - and even tho the 1.3 was all I could've stretched upto in 01, that was wayyy more fun than your average car. Yeah you change gears a little more often, but like my earlier Zen, that adds to the fun even if it gives you a little less to play with.
Old 22nd April 2007, 17:14   #20
gump

i think i will settle down for a OHC, but what is the problem in baleno, i do not see it very often in roads in chennai, has the car got any problem, any particular reason for it to fail..

so guys is an OHC 1.5 model ok option ?

Old 23rd April 2007, 08:41   #21
Senior - BHPian

Oh the Baleno is not a failure at all - especially after they revised prices to more realistic levels. This forum, in fact, is a die-hard Balenoers hangout, and people swear by the car. It's right up there in the performance department with the OHCs, even the VTECs - and a better ride from what I hear. The looks are subjective.

The OHC 1.5 is sure a good bet.
Old 23rd April 2007, 08:44   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gump View Post
i think i will settle down for a OHC, but what is the problem in baleno, i do not see it very often in roads in chennai, has the car got any problem, any particular reason for it to fail..

so guys is an OHC 1.5 model ok option ?
OHC 1.5 is a great option. Regarding the baleno, i can assure you there is nothing wrong with the car, only something wrong with people's perceptions about looks. You will find that the baleno is the absolute favorite on the forum. good luck.
Old 23rd April 2007, 08:46   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Certainly the Old Honda City; still a blast to drive. Another car you might want to consider is the second-hand Baleno. The car has terrible resale value....and that could work to your advantage.
I second GTO, Baleno is a great ride.... I had clocked 170 + on a stock Baleno at ECR... no issues with rattling or ever..and the handling was superb... I only reason.. was looks.. which did not let me go after it...

I think you should exploit the second hand car market... for the Baleno or an Esteem with a Baleno engine...
Old 23rd April 2007, 12:54   #24
gump

ok now that am getting so much about the baleno i will even check it out, so now guyz with OHC 1.5 and Baleno in mind which one i should opt out for ?

Sorry for asking so many questions but am new to car segment guys

Old 23rd April 2007, 14:25   #25
Senior - BHPian

Drive both, on both good (empty) and bad (traffic, and surface wise, independently) - and see which you like more. Either way, you have a winner.
Old 23rd April 2007, 14:42   #26
Senior - BHPian

For a first timer & new to cars, i would suggest the OHC over the baleno simply because of the resale value & the brand value that honda brings. Even a OHC 1.3 should suffice since you are not particular about extreme performances & stuff.
Old 23rd April 2007, 16:06   #27
BHPian

In my opinion, Honda City type II is a good choice. Honda engines are best in the class and reliable. Moreover, it is more fuel efficient then the Baleno.
Old 23rd April 2007, 20:46   #28
BHPian

the brand value, the image you get on public exposure, the pride, and the pure thrill of driving,... the Old Honda City. go only for it.

A year before i was in almost similar confusion as yourself. pressure from wifey to buy one of the new gleaming Kei-cars. and thoughts of losing money on a 2nd hand car. and still thinking between the VFM Esteem or the classier OHC

But, I stood by my decision and the enthusiastic suggestions and encouraging support of TBHP-ians,... today even the wifey feels the pride that came along with the Honda badge. She drives the car more than me leaving it to me only for the weekends.

Today all the money that i spent on it is only for making the car look better and better and all the fuel spent for those lovely drives. no regrets.

Preferably look for a 2002 or production closing time OHC VTEC in good maintained condition.

Last edited by gbpscars : 23rd April 2007 at 20:49.
Old 23rd April 2007, 20:53   #29
gump

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbpscars View Post
the brand value, the image you get on public exposure, the pride, and the pure thrill of driving,... the Old Honda City. go only for it.

A year before i was in almost similar confusion as yourself. pressure from wifey to buy one of the new gleaming Kei-cars. and thoughts of losing money on a 2nd hand car. and still thinking between the VFM Esteem or the classier OHC

But, I stood by my decision and the enthusiastic suggestions and encouraging support of TBHP-ians,... today even the wifey feels the pride that came along with the Honda badge. She drives the car more than me leaving it to me only for the weekends.

Today all the money that i spent on it is only for making the car look better and better and all the fuel spent for those lovely drives. no regrets.

Preferably look for a 2002 or production closing time OHC VTEC in good maintained condition.
Yeah am trying to get hold of the OHC Vtec 2002, but i think it will take some time to get grab a nice one...

no probs i will wait for time and in the mean time i will make ready some funds also

Old 24th April 2007, 10:31   #30
BHPian

Hey I was just wondering what if CNG might be installed on these vehicles sometime later after purchase. Which one would be better then ?

Most Viewed