Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2007, 14:45   #1
BHPian

NHC ownership issue in Mysore

Hi Team-Bhpians,

I am new to this excellent forum for car owners and would like your opinion on buying a new car for myself.

price range : around 7 lakh.
Average Mileage : around 1-1.5 K with mostly Highway driving
Self / Chauffer Driven: Self
Additional factors: 3 box car, Low on Maintenance, Better resale value, Quality interiors.
Expected ownership period: atleast 2-3 years.

Based on the above factors I have decided on the NHC ZX. Would like your opinion / comments on any other choice based on the above requirements.

Also, as I will be living in Mysore and since there are no Honda dealers here would need your opinion on the choice of owning a Honda quite far away (around 120 K from the nearest dealer - Bangalore).

Please let me know your thoughts.

~Dwind
Old 25th April 2007, 16:21   #2
Team-BHP Support

@Dwind, have you decided on the City ZX, or are u also looking at other options?

Honda's generally are low on maintenance, and so wouldnt matter to a large degree on having the dealer so far away, but you cannot be sure.

As far as i know, Ford has a dealer in Mysore too, and so if you are willing to look beyond the city, also take a look at the Fiesta.
Old 25th April 2007, 16:28   #3
Senior - BHPian

Just wait for the suzuki sx4, fits your requirements like a glove.
Old 25th April 2007, 16:40   #4
Team-BHP Support

Service will be an headache.
I remember when Opel did not have a service center at Ludhiana(was it open, don't remember the make) only at Jalandhar. An uncle bought the Astra, and service time was always an hassle.
Jalandhar is only 50 minutes drive from Ludiana(60kms on GT road), but still it was an hassle.
For Bangalore image that you have to drive 3 hours to the workshop, then make alternate arrangements in bangalore and drive back.
If your car breaks down due to some unforseen reason, its going to be a bigger problem towing it so far.
There are lots of other cars in this segment
1. To be launched SX4
2. Ford Fiesta
3. Hyundai Verna Petrol XXI
4. GM stable

If the workshop was not so far away, it would have been a great deal, but as things stand now, I suggest you stay away from Bangalore dealer, and stick to a brand serviceable in your town.
Old 25th April 2007, 17:00   #5
Senior - BHPian

Mysore has Ford, GM, Totota, TATA, Hyundai and of course Maruti dealers but no Honda (though Dakshin Honda recently had a sales & service mela). Servicing is at 1K, 5K & 10K intervals. If you can't catch them at Mysore, you would have to visit Bangalore at these intervals for servicing. You could also look at Verna, Fiesta (both diesel) & Innova which are good highway vehicles. Also could wait for new Baleno (expected in 2 weeks). After this, if you find NHC suits your needs, go for it, if getting serviced is not an issue.

Last edited by msdivy : 25th April 2007 at 17:02.
Old 24th May 2007, 12:57   #6
BHPian

Finally Decided on the Verna - SX

Thanks a lot guys for your ressponse. Have finally decided on the Verna and taking a test Drive of their CRDI engine. I simply loved the Torque on her and the response after 2000 RPM. I loved the drive so much that I took 2 test drives in Chennai and Mysore. Also the salesperson (in Chennai - HMP and Mysore - Advaith) were knowledgebale about the car.
The Demo car (CRDI base version)in Chennai had just 600 KM on the ODO so was not allowed to take it beyond the 90 KMPH mark but still loved the Turbo kicking in. I was lucky in Mysore where the car in Mysore had more than 30 K on the ODO (The Sales person told me they take the car out to places like Coorg, Hassan and Mangalore so I think she has had her fair share of bad roads) and was able to take it to 140 K and was happy with the handling though it was not as sure footed as others (read: more expensive cars like BMW or a Volkswagen my regular diet in Europe). Happy for whatever I am paying nevertheless. He also said that the rear suspension issues in Accent has been sorted out in this car. Would like your confirmation from the owners please.
I had also taken a test Drive of Suzuki SX4 in Chennai. The SP in Chennai was not allowing me to have one by saying that TD has been booked and the car had gone out. But I had noted that the car was there in dealer's garage already and had to finally convinced him that I was genuinely interested. He did not allow me to take it on any main roads (do not know why) but I really liked the stance. I am told the ZX has a higher ground clearence. Also the gear throws were precise and short which was to my liking. But overall the petrol was unexciting as the Verna which is what clinched my decision.
My only grouse is that the SX on the Verna has 2 DIN ICE but does not have an option for external devices (read iPOD and other MP3 players) while Suzuki SX4 does.

Cheers!
~DWind
Old 24th May 2007, 14:26   #7
Senior - BHPian

Nice decision !!!
if u are happy with Verna CRDI then just go ahead...

Abhi
Old 24th May 2007, 14:30   #8
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

DW, verna is a nice choice. Specially the punch the Crdi kicks in. However, though hyundai seem to have fixed the rear suspension problem on the verna there is still a lot of scope for improvement. Which seems to be the only fault with the verna. A stiffer rear suspension would do wonders to the handling of that car. Awaiting your ownership reports soon.
Old 24th May 2007, 16:27   #9
Senior - BHPian

Many Congrats on your new Car!
Verna CRDi is a nice choice!

Do post your first impressions after you take the delivery!
Old 24th May 2007, 19:54   #10
Senior - BHPian

dwind, its useful if you keep sharing usage reports now and then on long term reports section. good luck on your car. atleast FE wont be an issue for you and so will not be the price of fuel. rock dude!
Old 24th May 2007, 22:38   #11
Senior - BHPian

Congrats DWind ! Enjoy your drives !!
BTW, how much was it OTR?
Old 24th May 2007, 22:43   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice buy DWind. Thats a nice car to own. Do watch out for when that turbo kicks in - its known to catch out a few drivers unawares!
Old 1st June 2007, 13:07   #13
BHPian

Have Booked a Verna - would be delivered on 12th June

Thanks for your advise. Have finally booked the VERNA CRDI SX with ABS. Would be delivered on June 12th. Just a query to all the ICE Gurus. Can you please help me recommend any after-market installation for connecting my iPOD to OEM 2 din ICE in car.

Thanks!
~DWind
Old 1st June 2007, 13:44   #14
BHPian

Congrats on your new car....An excellent car to own.
Old 1st June 2007, 13:56   #15
BHPian

Congrats! Make sure you read the thread about PDI and get pics for all of us to see.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks