Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2007, 23:30   #31
BHPian

Sizoo, test drive both cars and you will have answers to all your queries.
Both are good cars in their segment, Verna definitely has more power than the fiesta, where as fiesta has better looks and ride comfort.

Its the matter of personal choice, for some power is all they want, for rest its comfort, A.S.S and the list goes on...

so test drive and drooool away with your choice....
Old 28th April 2007, 00:05   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsvijay View Post
thanks mobike.... is the factory fitted tyres bad on bumps and ride quality....??
i dont take curves at high speeds... i drive at modest speeds of about 60-100kmph.
If your a sedate driver, you neednt even think of upgrading the tyres, they should be more than sufficient for your style of driving. Just get the headlamps changed and you should be ready to rock
Old 28th April 2007, 14:54   #33
BHPian

thanks mobike buddy..
Old 28th April 2007, 14:59   #34
BHPian

but if i need to change to alloys what size should i change...?
i like to have alloys.. it gives a better look..
Old 28th April 2007, 16:17   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
but if i need to change to alloys what size should i change...?
i like to have alloys.. it gives a better look..

if your arent upgrading your tyres then you need to fit the same size alloys. I think verna comes on 14" tyres, correct me if i am wrong. Then the alloys have to be 14" inch as well.
Old 28th April 2007, 21:02   #36
BHPian

Now i am stuck with same problem. Not sure whether to go with Verna or Fiesta? Whats the price difference between Verna and 2nd model of fiesta? Also what are there actual FE? I am not really bothered about A.S.S and cost of maintainace. I think A.S.S will not be a big issue in Hyd and after owning a Palio, i will be satisfied by anything.

Thanks!!!

Last edited by Rodeo : 28th April 2007 at 21:03.
Old 29th April 2007, 01:57   #37
BHPian

ok.... Can u please tell me if buying a diesel car means that i should run it daily few kilometers .. i would like to know as my usage is like, i wouldnt use it some days.. it will be idle for a week in a month..
Old 29th April 2007, 09:34   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

@Rodeo, Hyundai is absolutely wow in A.S.S, atleast in Hyderabad and i know this since using their service continously from 2003 .And the price is almost same for Verna CRDI (8.40L OTR) and Fiesta TDCI ( ZXI)-8.60L OTR approximately). If buying a hyundai, buy only from Talwar, their customer focus is second to none.

@Drsvijay, if you dont drive atleast 1500kms a month, please do not go for a diesel car, it does not give you an economic solution. Keeping the car idle for a week should not be a problem, if longer periods, then you may have to take some precautions.
Old 29th April 2007, 12:51   #39
BHPian

To compare top end models of both cars. Infact fiesta turns out out to be much cheaper, atleast 50k. Verna cost around 8,18,580 and Fiesta would cost 8,00,700/- but fiesta has Mini Perforated Leather seats and Alloy wheels extra.

So 18k(difference in price) + 10k (seat covers) + 20k (alloys). Fiesta turns out to be much cheaper.

Also does Fiesta top end not come with climate control?

Thoughts??
Old 29th April 2007, 13:32   #40
Senior - BHPian

i would suggest you verna anyday for the fiesta beats it only in the looks!
but tell me do the looks really matter to that extent where the verna beats fiesta in all the other aspects?

more over the same thing happened with the new honda city the looks were lately accepted for its a wonderful car its the same in this case too for the car offers the best in its segment and no other car has come near it!
Old 29th April 2007, 14:08   #41
BHPian

Hi mobike.. the initial investment is not a problem for me... im not bothered about the cost of buying the diesel... all i want is good car, value for money and i should be able to own it and maintain it low cost..

i just thought i will go for a diesel because i thought the future is diesel and cost of running is low. If petrol, then i have no second thoughts on buying NHC Vtec. your comments ...>>
Old 30th April 2007, 10:08   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi mobike.. the initial investment is not a problem for me... im not bothered about the cost of buying the diesel... all i want is good car, value for money and i should be able to own it and maintain it low cost..

i just thought i will go for a diesel because i thought the future is diesel and cost of running is low. If petrol, then i have no second thoughts on buying NHC Vtec. your comments ...>>
If that is the situation, please rest your case with verna crdi, great car, terriffic a.s.s and would be quite economic to maintain the car.

NHC Vtec is again for the spirited driver, so the extra money would not be worth it. Again, IMHO, OHC Vtec was way better than NHC Vtec
Old 5th June 2007, 16:02   #43
BHPian

So which one did you finally buy?
Old 5th June 2007, 22:20   #44
Senior - BHPian

Its verna any day for many reasons (good service back up, better ride comfort, looks nice), but I hat Verna's low seating.

I liked Fiesta's seating positions but didn't like back seat!

Maintenance Verna should be cheaper but I don't have experience since I don't own these cars.

Ravi.
Old 6th June 2007, 00:05   #45
BHPian

Verna Crdi no doubt about it. This is one rare diesel beast in India.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks