Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2021, 11:10   #31
BHPian

Re: 4th-gen Honda City vs Tata Nexon

As many have said, Tata has to go a long way before providing trouble-free vehicles & after sales. And as per your requirements the Honda City is the perfect car for you. And if you can extend your budget a little, you can go for even the 5th Gen city.
NarediAni7518 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2021, 11:34   #32
src
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reluctantEnthu View Post
Shortlist
Having read numerous reviews, watched hours of YouTube, poring over options, have narrowed down -
Honda City VMT 4th generation
Tata Nexon XZ+

Your advice / opinion ?
Welcome to Team BHP.
As everyone has suggested do not want to add any more confusion.

Have upgraded from 2016 Tiago Petrol to Honda City Automatic this March. Drove my Tiago for little less than 59000 kms.

One thing I want to say that TATA Service is not as bad as it is mentioned and once you build up a rapport it's pretty good.

Would have upgraded to Nexon XZ+ had it not been Petrol Automatic.

At least TATA Service centers know their drawbacks and try their level best to help and aware of the issues in Tiago or Nexon.
Trust me no car is flawless no car is perfect.
Just that it should fulfill your must have and good to have requirements.

For example I installed internal TPMS from SensAiry in my City as it has lowline TPMS only. Don't go by just one or two add on features.

Happy Motoring
src is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2021, 12:21   #33

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 4th June 2021 at 08:41.
reluctantEnthu is offline   Received Infraction
Old 3rd June 2021, 12:38   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You upgraded to Honda City 5th gen ?
Honda City automatic = BS6 Fifth Gen model as the 4th gen is available only in two variants (SV and V) with manual transmission to maintain the sub 10 lac pricing. The tax bracket changes above this price and then it makes less sense to opt for the older model because of very little difference in on road pricing.
PaddleShifter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2021, 12:44   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haisaikat View Post
Bangalore BHPians can help you find one in case you need references.
You could try out Wheels wisdom. I have used their services and found them good and reliable. Work is carried out at good FNGs and workmanship and quality is maintained.

I would also suggest checking out the Jazz CVT as it'll be a boon in Bangalore traffic. Its spacious inside but lacks the power and boot space of the City. A test drive of all contenders will help you decide. Happy Hunting.
Old 3rd June 2021, 13:00   #36

You mentioned that you would go on long-drives.

On highways, a higher GC and bigger wheels are always more comfortable. I speak from experience after upgrading from a Linea (was more comfortable than City IMHO) to a Nexon.

Tata's ASS is a hit-or-miss as i have read, but having switched between 3 ASS over the last 3 years, it's been a fuss-free experience.

I vote for the Nexon. Honda sells their products in India at a high premium anyway.
bosespeaks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2021, 13:44   #37
src
BHPian

Quote:
You upgraded to Honda City 5th gen ?
Yes brother reluctantEnthu. You can read my thread here.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post5057112
Old 3rd June 2021, 14:07   #38
BHPian

The City is overall a much better vehicle than the Nexon. It is better engineered, more spacious, more refined, more comfortable and more reliable.

The only place where I think the Nexon has an advantage is the ground clearance. Unless you are driving on really bad roads, it should not be an issue.

Also, if needed, there are ways to raise the City's ground clearance by adding spacers on the rear suspensions. But avoid it unless absolutely necessary.
Old 3rd June 2021, 16:08   #39
BHPian

Your both considerations are good.
Let me tell you from my perspective:
Reasons to choose Nexon over City
• Higher ground clearance
• Tougher built quality
• Ride quality is surprisingly great

Reasons to choose City over Nexon :
• Reliability
• Refinement of the engine
• Driving comfort
• Bigger boot

Our previous car was 3rd Honda city , we have driven the next generation City as well as the Nexon (family member’s)

Here’s what I noticed about Nexon
- The parts are NOT well put together.
- The Nexon boasts about having Harmon Kardon speakers, which sounds brilliant without doubt.
So what was wrong with it?
The ORVM was vibrating because of the bass effect. That’s not all, I was driving the car an incline on 4th gear , the engine vibration due to slow speed and higher gear also made the ORVM vibrate. I don’t know if this is the case of all Nexons or that particular one.

For example : We have a 6 year old Honda Brio with aftermarket subwoofer fitted.
I checked if that makes the ORVM vibrate.
Guess what? Nope. It doesn’t.

No offence to any Tata owners. Apologies.
I really love the Tata Nexon. It’s a good car.
Tata has come a long way. But there is still room for improvement.

If I had to choose a C-SUV, out of Hyundai, Maruti, etc, I would go for the Nexon.
But if I had to choose between Honda city
Honda City - Any day.
Vasanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2021, 17:10   #40
BHPian

Long road trips, two seniors, one kid, one wife (to be kept happy at all times). You should buy Ertiga / XL6. Reasons? Reliable, lower running costs compared to both your choices, comfortable, ease of getting in and out for parents, additional space/boot, flexibility of space with the growing kid, proper seat for him as he grows older. And because of this you can keep the car longer which is what you need because of low mileage usage. Good resale value. In every sense the right car for you and your family.

Just in case you feel like having a enthu car for yourself in future, this 6-7 seater will still be doing your family duties.
Old 3rd June 2021, 17:11   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post

TPMS is not yet a feature in any of the cars in that price range AFAIK
Nexon has TPMS inbuilt from Factory itself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by src View Post
Welcome to Team BHP.
As everyone has suggested do not want to add any more confusion.

Have upgraded from 2016 Tiago Petrol to Honda City Automatic this March. Drove my Tiago for little less than 59000 kms.

One thing I want to say that TATA Service is not as bad as it is mentioned and once you build up a rapport it's pretty good.

Would have upgraded to Nexon XZ+ had it not been Petrol Automatic.

At least TATA Service centers know their drawbacks and try their level best to help and aware of the issues in Tiago or Nexon.
Trust me no car is flawless no car is perfect.
Just that it should fulfill your must have and good to have requirements.

For example I installed internal TPMS from SensAiry in my City as it has lowline TPMS only. Don't go by just one or two add on features.

Happy Motoring
True, I too own a 2019 Tiago and my experience has been pretty good with both ASC's. I don't know why is there so much hatred for one company where other companies do the same shoddy business and getaway with it. Atleast Tata guys know their shortcomings and also they have improved a lot in recent years. Nexon XZ+ is a solid choice IMHO. Final choice must be based on what fits the requirements more than the other. Service for the most part shouldn't be a big issue.

Last edited by vb-saan : 3rd June 2021 at 18:47. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged. Please use multi-quote option when replying to multiple posts. Thank you!
pritanshchandra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2021, 18:26   #42
BHPian

If you do not drive over bad roads a lot, and can sleep well over a lower GC, it has to be the City any day. It is bigger, plusher, more premium and a segment above. In terms of drivability, the iVtec should alone seal the deal. The 1.2 of Nexon has an excellent mid range, but the low end turbo lag makes it lethargic given that it is a heavy car. The power delivery, though improved from its BSIV avatar, is still a bit spiky. In terms of refinement too, the City trumps.
However, if GC is really a concern for you, then Nexon it is. I wouldn't worry much about service. There are bad apples, and then there are good ones. Being from Bangalore, you would surely find both. Just filter them out and stick with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pritanshchandra View Post
Nexon has TPMS inbuilt from Factory itself!
Nexon XZ+ does not come with TPMS. It is given with higher trims.

Last edited by SansGT : 3rd June 2021 at 18:29.
Old 3rd June 2021, 18:47   #43
BHPian

Being an owner of 4th Gen CVT honda city, would not recommend this CAR to anyone. Poor quality parts, below Par air conditioning and cabin noise .

Nexon I don’t own so can’t comment. But Honda definitely not.
Old 3rd June 2021, 19:44   #44
Senior - BHPian

Try the S-Cross first - it is a very well designed cross-over. You do keep your cars long - aging parents will love the easy entrance and high seating many years later.

Also, why not the Ertiga/XL6? Sure, the Honda City or the Ciaz will have better NVH as they are more “premium”.
landcruiser123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2021, 03:24   #45
BHPian

Why don’t you try out the Sonet or Venue 1.0 turbo iMT. It’s going to be comfortable and something new, only problem is long term reliability of those engine.

Lastly, I’d think Ecosport is a good car for long term usage but those seats are really not that comfortable;

Good luck with your decision

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks