Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which of these would you buy?
fiesta + abs - airbags ~ 8 lac 15 14.71%
honda city + abs + airbags > 9 lac 18 17.65%
sx4 + abs + airbags ~ 8.5 lac 51 50.00%
optra + abs - airbags ~ 9 lac 14 13.73%
aveo + abs - airbags ~ 8 lac 1 0.98%
verna + abs + airbags ~ 9 lac 3 2.94%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2007, 17:08   #1
Senior - BHPian

Which car among these would you buy?

Assuming the new honda city comes up with airbags and abs, and with sx4 in the picture anytime now, and fiesta, aveo and optra already in the fray with or without airbags (but with abs) which among these would you go for considering the prices indicated?

I would go with the sx4 because of its probable unbeatable cost factor + a.s.s all over india, and good specs for the money paid!

What about you ?
Old 6th May 2007, 17:27   #2
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Bump up the compression ratio to 11.1:1 , use wilder cams , move the limiter by about 700 rpm from the stock limiter.. Instant 125bhp .. Plus port/polish , enlarge TB and the works .. Yes , it would be the SX4 that I would go for .. Call me mad ..
Old 6th May 2007, 17:32   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
...I would go with the sx4 because of its probable unbeatable cost factor + a.s.s all over india, and good specs for the money paid!..
I would go for the SX4 for the reasons stated above, even though I've a NHC ZX, thinking that SX4 being a Suzuki(Japanese) car, will be near to NHC in refinement if not equal.
Old 6th May 2007, 17:36   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Bump up the compression ratio to 11.1:1 , use wilder cams , move the limiter by about 700 rpm from the stock limiter.. Instant 125bhp .. Plus port/polish , enlarge TB and the works .. Yes , it would be the SX4 that I would go for .. Call me mad ..
Don't get too happy, you will need new injectors, possible new intake and exhaust manifolds, different conrods, different pistons, a whole different oiling system, and a new ECU.
Old 6th May 2007, 17:39   #5
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
you will need new injectors, possible new intake and exhaust manifolds, different conrods, different pistons, a whole different oiling system, and a new ECU.
Did some asking around , and injectors could be the same .. Intake is the same , however the exhaust has to be changed .. Conrods & pistons (are rumoured to be forged even on the indian block) are a part of bumping up the CR .. News that ECU doesn't need a change .. Its the same worldwide Im told ..
Old 6th May 2007, 17:48   #6
Senior - BHPian

Yes it's the same on the SX4 worldwide, but not on the Swift Sport. The Swift has shot-peened pistons, and some weird conrods too. And the pistons are oil-cooled, like on the 1.8 block used in the old Balenos. So they're different. For which you need a different oiling mechanism, and presumably a different ECU. And I doubt the same injectors run a different duty cycle to produce 23 bhp extra on a daily basis.
Old 6th May 2007, 17:49   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Don't get too happy, you will need new injectors, possible new intake and exhaust manifolds, different conrods, different pistons, a whole different oiling system, and a new ECU.
Quote:
Did some asking around , and injectors could be the same .. Intake is the same , however the exhaust has to be changed .. Conrods & pistons (are rumoured to be forged even on the indian block) are a part of bumping up the CR .. News that ECU doesn't need a change .. Its the same worldwide Im told ..

And you chaps are talking so authoritatively about the engine of a car that is yet to be released here? At least see the car first na?
Old 6th May 2007, 17:55   #8
Senior - BHPian

I would go for Chevy Optra with ABS & Airbags!
Old 6th May 2007, 17:59   #9
Senior - BHPian

No brainer.
If indeed SX4 comes at 8.5ish onroad with abs, airbags, its going to make Honda run for cover.
Old 6th May 2007, 17:59   #10
Senior - BHPian

I agree with steer here,no offence to anyone[I too may go in for the car] but first let the car be launched,lets know its official OTR prices.

Nobody has actually driven the car as well.It would be best to exercise patience at this time.We cannot assume that the car would be cheap to maintain just because it is a maruti.
Old 6th May 2007, 18:00   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
And you chaps are talking so authoritatively about the engine of a car that is yet to be released here? At least see the car first na?

come on guys lets not hijack a thread which asks a simple question into a modifying the SX4 engine thread .
Old 6th May 2007, 18:02   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_intlad View Post
I agree with steer here,no offence to anyone[I too may go in for the car] but first let the car be launched,lets know its official OTR prices.

Nobody has actually driven the car as well.It would be best to exercise patience at this time.We cannot assume that the car would be cheap to maintain just because it is a maruti.
. Since SX4 is not here as of now, I would go fo the Fiesta 1.6. Its really a great car to drive.
Old 6th May 2007, 18:02   #13
Senior - BHPian

Chevrolet Optra + ABS + Air Bags for the better plantedd feel it offers on high speed.
Old 6th May 2007, 18:05   #14
BHPian

Absolutely no question of going for a non Honda/Toyota vehicle, if my budget allows. No reason to go for a Suzuki or Hyundai, forget GM and Ford. I dont believe SX4 will make any big impact on the sales of NHC, if NHC does some minor adjustments like adding climate control and safety features.
Old 6th May 2007, 18:50   #15
BHPian

SX4+ABS+Airbags for sure.... latest in the group, with reliable backing of Maruti Suzuki, and decently priced as compared to Honda City which would be second choice

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks