Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which one?
Octavia 112 20.74%
Superb 428 79.26%
Voters: 540. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2021, 15:05   #46

Re: Same Price | Skoda Octavia L&K vs Skoda Superb Sportline

For me its Octavia L&K over Superb Sportline and Superb L&K over Octavia L&K.
Old 20th June 2021, 15:54   #47
BHPian

For me it is the Superb. My rationale : "MORE CAR PER CAR"
It is as simple as that. The superb may have fewer features compared to the Octy L&K but if you are getting a bigger car for the same price, thats the best option according to me. Also keep in mind the niggles that arise in a newer gen Skoda whereas the ones in the Superb must have been ironed out after the facelift.
RajeevMD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2021, 17:27   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

My vote is for Superb -simply because of the looks.
Superb looks really beautiful, Octavia not so much. And looks are very important for me - I can't buy an ugly car!

No offence to Octavia owners/lovers

Last edited by anandpadhye : 20th June 2021 at 17:29.
anandpadhye is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th June 2021, 17:31   #49
BHPian

I have voted for superb. My rationale as follows:

1. Octavia has no sunroof. Skoda has no idea how much of a deal breaker this is going to turn out. I believe there will be sufficient "I would have bought it if it had a sunroof" from the customers in a few days that there are going to be huge discounts in coming months. I can't digest selling my kidneys 34 times and still not getting a feature which even a humble i20 flaunts.
2. I am not getting any younger and gone are the days when I used to drive pedal to metal or test the stability of car on curves at 150 kmph. Been there done that. Future driver within me leans towards weighing in the comfort factor. Superb scores here.
3. The fun factor is comparable at legal speeds. Not too much difference there.
4. Superb looks more stately than the in-your-face Octavia. It's like choosing between Federer and Nadal. I prefer the understated class of Federer.
5. It will pinch when Octavia will sell for a 4 lakh discount in few months.
6. Looking at the size of both, there is hardly a difference in maneuverability, ease of parking etc. So if I am going to do it, I might as well go the full hog.
Heart_Revs is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 20th June 2021, 18:05   #50
BHPian

The superb sportline has a few features that the octavia l&k misses out. Most notable ones that come to my mind are "Panoramic Sunroof" and "AC temperature control" for rear passengers. My choice will also be Superb.
And octavia l&k is bound to get similar discounts as the superb 2021. So whoever wants to go for octavia, please wait for the year end discounts and save 2-3 lakhs at least.
Old 20th June 2021, 18:32   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

For me if the buyer has a chauffeur it's the Superb Sport line, while if its self driven its the Octavia L&K. No point in self driving a stretched version due to the baggage that it comes with.

Also hope that for both variants, the dealers must have prepared the exorbitant service, spares and repair costs exclusive of the GST. Also as a corollary, we hope we will get threads from users here as to how the dealers deal with them on the after sales front, mainly to assess if there's an improvement or the history repeats again and again.
anjan_c2007 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 20th June 2021, 19:53   #52
BHPian

I recently traveled in the sport line variant of the Superb for around 150 kms. 130 in the rear seat and 20 on the driver's seat.
No doubt the superb is spacious, but the entire feel of the cabin is not passenger oriented. Maybe it's just me but I felt rather claustrophobic in the jet black interiors. No doubt it's a hoot to drive but that's standard on both cars. The L&K feels like an all different world albeit with the same heart.

Frankly, I'd save a few lakhs and get the Octavia Style, or if I was going full out I'd get the Superb L&K. Though the sunroof will be sorely missed on the Octavia.
Old 20th June 2021, 20:29   #53
BHPian

Voted superb. Or an prev-gen low mileage used diesel octy.

I feel the superb, really has the best sleek low and fast looking lines among sedans. So for two cars with similar souls, the superb avatar has much more presence.

Sunroof is overrated., and the vag ones will rattle for sure.
Old 20th June 2021, 22:54   #54
BHPian

My vote goes for the Octavia L&K. The new Octavia has increased boot space which is more or less equivalent to Superb. Considering the car will be self-driven, one will certainly enjoy the handling of new Octavia much more than Superb. Superb is only marginally better in terms of rear seat comfort. Also, L&K is bound to feel more premium on the insider considering the beige and black detailing as compared to the sporty (all black) theme of Superb.
Old 21st June 2021, 01:40   #55
BHPian

Since there is going to be significant backseat usage as per OP, it's the Superb anyday.

Also - does anyone feel rear kneeroom has actually gone down in the current Octavia vs the 3rd gen one ?
Every review I've seen seems to show the knees nearly brushing the front seat , whereas whenever I sat in 3 rd gen I had decent space available (5'11 for reference)
Old 21st June 2021, 09:09   #56
Senior - BHPian

Superb Just has more snob value. Would pick it over any octavia except for the VRS ones.

The sport line is actually my pick over the L&K Superb also.
arjunrudra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2021, 09:26   #57
BHPian

Since both are SKODA and both have same engine.

If someone is young at heart and want fun, it should be OCTAVIA

If family comfort is top priority, it should be SUPERB
Old 21st June 2021, 09:50   #58
BHPian

Simple reason to pick Superb over current gen Octavia:

- Octavia is an overpriced car, no doubt about that. I don't prefer such products.

- Superb is not just a segment above but inclusion of Sunroof and ventilated seats wins it for me. I mean, sum1 may not like Sunroof for various reasons but in Delhi heat, ventilated seats is a must.

PS: Just an opinion. Don't think I can afford either of the cars with current salary.

Last edited by devilicious : 21st June 2021 at 09:52.
devilicious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2021, 10:31   #59
BHPian

Voted for the superb.

Ventilated seats, bigger car, more space, non beige interiors, and the fact that it has buttons :-)
Also, I believe that the superb is a better looker than the new Octavia.

Last edited by Mar21 : 21st June 2021 at 10:32. Reason: qualified the bit on the interiors
Old 21st June 2021, 10:57   #60
BHPian

I would choose Superb as its having the better snob value.

The new gen Octavia has diluted, it isn’t as sharp handler as it used to be. Power delivery isn’t as engaging either. New Gen Octavia seems like a smaller Superb now, so why not get the Superb either ?

Superb has much better road presence. It has the sunroof 😂. Same engine, same gearbox. Way more spacious. Better equipment list. And Superb sportline can be used as a self drive car as it doesn’t feel as Chauffeur oriented as the L&K Superb.

All in all, Superb makes much more sense now being a segment higher car at the same price.
divyadeeptsi is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks