Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2021, 15:12   #31
BHPian

Re: Worth spending on the Hyundai Elantra over a Honda City?

I'd suggest bring both home for test drives, ask them to get in and out of both back to back and ask them which one feels better.

Apart from the height (low slung vs otherwise), the size of the door cavity, gap between seat & B-pillar, width of door scruffpads/lip, etc. will all make a difference for their ingress/egress.

Also, please check the width of the seat vs length of their thighs, angle of backrest (if it cannot be reclined/changed)& legroom - idea being they shouldn't be needing to slouch backward or lean forward during travel.

In some sense, flatter more bench type seats could be easier/comfortable than more contoured bucket type seats.

As far as suspensions & ride quality goes, if one of the vehicles is a clear winner on above parameters, and since its largely city travel (presume not long trips), you can partially improve ride quality be having a marginally lower air pressure in tyres. This will cost you in terms of FE and tyre wear, but guess its worth the additional cost.
Old 8th July 2021, 17:39   #32
BHPian

Re: Worth spending on the Hyundai Elantra over a Honda City?

Many have covered most points and here are my 2 cents based on my TD and understanding of Honda (5th Generation) City and Hyundai Elantra against each other-

Honda City (5th Generation)
  • Spacious and comfortable back seat
  • good under thigh support
  • Cabin feels airy when compared to Elantra due to Beige interiors
  • Easy to maintain
  • Good Boot space
  • Better Mileage
  • Segment Lower, so lacks premium feel of materials and finish when compared to Elantra
  • Lacks feature list and quality/performance of feature list is not up to the mark

Hyundai Elantra
  • Segment Above
  • Better feel and premium material of international standards
  • Good feature set compared to Honda city
  • Slightly higher maintenance
  • Lower mileage
  • More of a drivers car when compared to City
  • Good ride and stability
  • Lesser space in back seat
  • lacks under thigh support
  • Seems like a older generation model when compared to international updates
  • Much cheaper when compared to competition in same segment and offers good value if you are a customer in that segment.

In your case, (assuming money is not a question) I do agree the best would be to have a first hand experience of both the products with regards to back seat comfort and accordingly take the decision. In my case, parents are happy with 2 cars (who pretty much didn't care or understand about the segment or feature set) from the ones I have test driven till date- Honda 5th Generation City and Skoda Superb
cloudno19 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks