Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2007, 10:04   #16

My civic MT has just undergone 10k servicing. Cost less than Rs.1,000 - had also given Swift ZXi for 10k servicing, and that was more expensive, partly due to add-ons pushed by the salesman.

Other maintenance

- Rear windshield broke due to a small branch falling on it - replacement including installation was Rs.9,000
- Have had minor repairs to both bumpers as well as full painting - this was about Rs.15,000 or so
Old 10th May 2007, 10:31   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Students, whats the point of comparing the Civic with the Sx4? They are both from different segments. It would make more sense comparing apples with apples.
I like ..indeed love CIVIC and planning to buy one within 1-2 months . Only point is ...paying 13 Lakhs and not having 16" and lack in ground clearence. And also behind SX4 in few other features which costs at the most 8.5 Lakhs.

I Hope honda will come up with a new version of CIVIC with all the features which SX4 has and also concentrate to provide a better mileage ..atleast 10-12 KMPL for AT.
Old 10th May 2007, 12:46   #18
HSV
BHPian

Hey Students, actually, it was mentioned in some threads on Civic that Honda is going to launch a facelift version of the Civic. Frankly the car looks delicious as it is, wonder what'll happen with the face lift.

Probably they may just go ahead and address your concerns in the new Civic when they do launch it - but I am sure it'll not be very soon though.

Hey Mr honda, do you wanna add the 16 inchers in the wishlist alog with the sunroof?! Ta

regards
Old 10th May 2007, 13:39   #19
BHPian

[quote=csentil;433588Mileage should be around 9 kmpl. I own an AT and I get 8 kmpl. Expect higher fuel bills as I'm sure you can't keep a light foot on the gas pedal !![/quote]

Civic AT gives you 8kmpl ???? And that too with all its CVT technology ?? Whats wrong with the Corolla auto then, it may have only 4 speeds, but it sure gives a mileage of around 10.5 - 11 kmpl (my manual Corolla gives me a comfy 11.5 kmpl with AC on at all times.
Of course I did read somewhere that Corolla's fuel economy is class leading in all countries where it has been launched but I didnt expect such a difference with Honda and that too, in a 8th gen car.
Old 10th May 2007, 13:47   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by students View Post
I like ..indeed love CIVIC and planning to buy one within 1-2 months . Only point is ...paying 13 Lakhs and not having 16" and lack in ground clearence. And also behind SX4 in few other features which costs at the most 8.5 Lakhs.

I Hope honda will come up with a new version of CIVIC with all the features which SX4 has and also concentrate to provide a better mileage ..atleast 10-12 KMPL for AT.
Honda with its usual selling tactics. If the car is good, people will buy even if it has lesser features. Honda knows that and has used it successfully all these years. No ABS, airbags, etc in the City, but it still outsells all its competition. Fiesta, Aveo, Optra etc.

They knew the Civic was good and inspite of it having lesser features than a Corolla (lack of leather seats, steering audio control, automatic headlights) and not a comfortable ingress and egress, they priced it a little bit higher and are raking in the moolah.

For the proposed new facelift Civic (not confirmed) adding features is one thing, like throwing in the leather seats and the audio controls. Changing ground clearance is most probably not on the cards. The car's low stance is what makes it as good as it is. Again you just cannot compare across segments. Its like saying the Swift Zxi is better than the Honda Vtec, just because the Swift has a lot more features in it and has better ground clearance ! :-)

And I don't buy this Zxi + Leather seats as a version for an extra price. You can buy the normal Zxi and put leather seats for more or less than the extra price quoted and almost all car dealers do that for any car model.
Old 10th May 2007, 14:45   #21
Team-BHP Support

There's an easier way of changing the GC. get 16" wheels and put 205/60-16 (10mm increase in GC) or put in 205/65-15 on the same alloys as currently(6mm increase in GC).

I think they should raise it up and another concern is the dip in rear when fully laden. Reminds me of the old ikon in which the mudflaps would be touching the road.

If you notice a fully laden civic you will notice the rear wheel almost goes inside the wheel arch.
Old 12th May 2007, 18:45   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
When I test drove Civic MT, I found it a bit slow to take off. A little disappointing. Being a Honda fan and admiror of Civic looks, I walked away blaming it on Deccan Honda, hoping against the hope that thye may have abussed the test drive car so much so that pick up has dropped considerably.

Can this be true? or is Civic really slow?
The pick up did not definately fell worth 12 lacks.
I agree, test drive Corolla and you will immidiately feel the punch. Civic doesnt have the grunt, its smooth but not punchy...
Old 14th May 2007, 13:58   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samirsarkar View Post
Civic AT gives you 8kmpl ???? And that too with all its CVT technology ?? Whats wrong with the Corolla auto then, it may have only 4 speeds, but it sure gives a mileage of around 10.5 - 11 kmpl (my manual Corolla gives me a comfy 11.5 kmpl with AC on at all times.
Of course I did read somewhere that Corolla's fuel economy is class leading in all countries where it has been launched but I didnt expect such a difference with Honda and that too, in a 8th gen car.
Yes. That's what I get. I drive on the Airport road in Bangalore and if anyone's driven on that road, you'll know how the traffic is. Its stop, crawl, stop most of the time. I don't drive with a light foot when I get the chance and I use normal petrol(No speed or premium ones as of now). Now this figure is a rough estimate. I've not done an accurate calculation. I love the car and the drive and I'm not going to be too worried about the mileage and let it spoil the way I like to rev the car !!! :-)
Old 14th May 2007, 15:41   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by students View Post

i fail to understand this .... some people can afford to buy a car for 13 lacs and still afford to complain about mileage ... the civic plant is prob amongst the worlds most efficient 1800cc engines(in MT or AT form) and still fails to satisfy some.
Old 14th May 2007, 15:50   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samirsarkar View Post
there are NHC's which people own which give 9 !!! which has all to do with driving conditions and style and not the engine.

there can be no gerenalization of FE fugures ... 11.5 in a corolla might mean 12 in the civic in similar conditions , and 14+ in the NHC.

it's a question of relativity.
Old 14th May 2007, 20:40   #26
Senior - BHPian

The CIVIC is for sure a better buy than the NHC VTEC provided one has the additional purchasing power. I have been driving a 1999 CIVIC in the US for the last one year with 75K miles on it and believe me it is fantastic. (I must admit that I am not fully right in comparing my 1.6L with the current 1.8L version which is far superior.)

Slightly off topic, but why is it that the CIVIC in the US pumps out 140 horses while the one in India lags behind at 132 ? Can someone throw light on this one ? From the specs, I can see that their engines are the same. Correct me if am wrong.
Old 15th May 2007, 00:26   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Slightly off topic, but why is it that the CIVIC in the US pumps out 140 horses while the one in India lags behind at 132 ?
The engine is slightly detuned for our kind of fuel.
Old 15th May 2007, 11:38   #28

Okay, finally got the car! Its Civic (MT) and Black in color. Thanks to all fellows for all the information. Thanks!
Old 15th May 2007, 13:50   #29
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations. Welcome to the Civic club.
Old 15th May 2007, 14:43   #30
Team-BHP Support

hey congratz, great car and black is a stunner, keep her shining

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks