Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2021, 07:52   #31
BHPian

Re: A decade-old Ford, VW or Honda automatic midsize sedan | Budget up to 4 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajushank84 View Post
That makes sense! Thank you.

That's a useful angle, thanks. Maybe the Amaze - maybe Aspire - is a better choice in this budget range after all.

I'm eyeballing a couple of 2011-2012 Citys online though.

Just not sure if I should dare eyeballing Fiestas and Ventos, particularly their gearboxes..
If you can, target diesel vehicles out of Delhi/NCR. Due to the 10 year rule, even high end cars like BMW and Audi are available for as low as 5/9 lakhs (x1/x3/Q5) for a 2011/2014 vintage. A good superb/Jetta will definitely be within your budget.
Old 24th July 2021, 09:52   #32
BHPian

Re: A decade-old Ford, VW or Honda automatic midsize sedan | Budget up to 4 lakhs

Hi all,

Looking for a manual sedan around 5L price bracket. Fuel type does not matter. Reliability is the main Requirement with preferred odo reading around 50K-60k mark. Yearly running would be about 10k km with occassional highway runs.
Shortlisted following:

Honda City
Toyota Corolla Altis

Personally like Chevy Cruze, Mitsubishi Lancer, Cedia, 2nd Gen city etc but but I am not very comfortable due to varying reasons like company shut shop, discontinued model or availability of spares.

Not a fan of Maruti so did not consider Ciaz.

Fpund few Altis but reading is ridiculously high with few crossing 2 Lakh kms.

Are there any other options which I should consider?
Old 25th July 2021, 02:16   #33
BHPian

Last year, I was in the market for something similar with the exact same budget. I test drove a few vehicles including multiple Brio AT, SX4 AT but found all of them just satisfactory, Brio is otherwise a pretty sorted vehicle but it's AT felt a bit slow and plastic trims on these used examples had already started deteriorating and squeaking.

Finally found a pristine 25k run, 2013 i20 AT Sportz and man it's fast, that 1.4L 100BHP motor is fun. The AT doesn't like sudden throttle inputs but is otherwise fast to shift, sometimes you might not notice it altogether. The interior is really well put together and there are no rattles whatsoever, my Baleno on the other hand rattles every now and then.
Plenty of gizmos, all wheel disc brakes, ABS etc. but unfortunately just one driver side airbag.

Mileage is not that bad as some people might say, I get around 10-11kmpl in city, my Baleno CVT returns about 13-14kmpl, so there's that.But drive it hard and you will see single digit efficiency. The car has been pretty reliable with no major work required so far apart from regular service, but had to change it's wheels and battery since they were still stock and giving up.
Old 1st August 2021, 21:34   #34
BHPian

Given the requirements, would highly recommend a 2010-12 Accord, can be 2.4 or the more powerful 3.5 V6, maintenance is very cheap, speaking from experience, my 2.4 accord completes 11 years this year and still runs like day 1.

The only issue I’ve faced is a worn out hydraulic steering pump, which was fixed in a single day. Make sure you find a reliable dealer/FNG although you’ll rarely need them over and above periodic maintenance. Market value for these accords is around 3-5L depending on the year and condition, which given new car prices is great value.
AJ56 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks