Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results:
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2007, 10:02   #46
Senior - BHPian

After giving so much reference here or elsewhere there is no point trying to argue down each and every point about Toyota's quality. members can and must do their own research before they arrive at any definite opinions. But one final point, Indian market has evolved in a different way than the US market. Incomes are one factor. FE has always been No 1 priority in India, and when MUL came into the 1980s its USP was higher FE and Jap quality (so what if it was piggybacking on Toyota) as compared with clunkers like Amby and Fiat. Even now FE is and should be no 1. But on that account, in each segment incl. small cars, Toyota and Honda make the highest FE cars, higher than Suzuki. But the crucial difference between Toyota and Honda's success wordlwide and Suzuki's indifferent performance in developed markets is high FE, quality, low maintenance costs, and long-term reliability.

Regarding the myth about roadside mechanics and spares, Toyota's spares are not expensive and 2nd, they last longer. In the highly competitive US and European markets, labour costs are expensive, service costs much more than in India, and roadside mechanics are non-existent. Cars are driven on an average 20000 kms per annum in US. But inspite of that, people buy Toyota in such large numbers, and Suzuki is a flop. Rest my case, and I am no longer going to fan the fires of Toyota vs Suzuki or Corolla vs SX4.
Old 15th May 2007, 12:15   #47
BHPian

vasudeva, you just need to come in say "I am here" ! Rest will be understood
Old 15th May 2007, 13:01   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
You have ot on the SX4 too
i know ... SX4 is fully loaded ... what i was trying to say is Toyota hasn't compromised on giving ABS in the lower executive model , which gives it a bonus point when considering it.
Old 15th May 2007, 13:15   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by appuchan View Post
vasudeva, you just need to come in say "I am here" ! Rest will be understood
He does have a lot of valid points ....
Old 15th May 2007, 15:57   #50
BHPian

Now the time has come when TOYOTA (Corolla) has to fight with MARUTI (SX4) . it seems Corolla has left the battle with CIVIC
Old 15th May 2007, 23:12   #51
BHPian

IMHO, the Corolla and the SX4 are 2 different leagues altogether and cannot be compared.

If you can afford the Corolla, don't think twice, go for it. On the other hand if you can stretch your budget a bit the Civic would make more sense especially knowing that the Corolla will be upgraded sometime soon.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks