Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2021, 10:33   #46

Re: 4th-gen vs 5th-gen Honda City

Quote:
Originally Posted by anirudhbb View Post
Curious, for someone considering a new sedan, isn't City the best option out there, though not the most VFM? What are the good alternatives, looking for a Petrol automatic? CIAZ is another one am exploring.
True for me... Have been searching for a good looking car with trouble free ownership and a good automatic. City is what we finalised after an agonizing 1 year of search. Although now I am confused, should I wait it out for the hybrid city or go ahead with the 5th gen.
Experts, advice please?
Old 12th December 2021, 11:19   #47
BHPian

The Honda City even though has a few quality issues, the luxury car rivalling space and comfort on offer, the buttery smooth and creamy 1.5 i-VTEC along with a delicious MT or a convenient CVT offsets its weaker points. The 1.5 i-DTEC even though noisy, gravelly and boring has enough punch and delivers stellar fuel economy, also I think Honda is the only OEM in this segment which offers upto 10years Anytime Warranty on its cars, not to mention that they are very reliable machines as well and there has always been a pride of owning a Honda City in the middle class families.

So regarding your question, I would suggest you to buy the 4th generation Honda City ZX Model, it is very intriguing to think about people selling brand new 5th gen City (there might be some serious quality issues perhaps?), also personally speaking the 4th gen model in pearl white shade looks very good and nicer than the 5th gen model which I find to have a bloated appearance. Happy shopping time ahead, thank you!
Old 25th December 2021, 12:59   #48
BHPian

Recently picked up the Radiant red Gen 4 - V variant from Vision Honda, Kochi. Had a strict budget of <10L Ex-showroom. Found this to be the best option (after the Vento/Rapid duo got discontinued) beyond the sub 4M category. Loved the Gen 5 VX, but didn't want to stretch my budget.

These were the shortlisted options ranked in ascending order.
  1. Vento Highline
  2. Rapid Ambition
  3. Tata Nexon XZ
  4. Tata Altroz XZ+
  5. Ford Ecosport Titanium

4th-gen vs 5th-gen Honda City-img_20211222_181718.jpg

Peacefully chilling with her Italian sibling! Happy I chose the Gen 4 as I could have both the cars!

4th-gen vs 5th-gen Honda City-img_20211224_11392001.jpeg

Last edited by Na_sh : 25th December 2021 at 13:07.
Old 9th September 2022, 19:11   #49

I am considering Gen-4 V vs Gen-5 V manual. As of now price difference is steep Rs 2.4 lacs which makes me wonder which variant to go for. Car will be primarily Chauffeur driven, city use for my father.

Most Viewed