Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2007, 16:04   #1

Civic after sales service

Hi

How is the experience with Honda Dealers in terms of after sales service?? Going through various posts, it looks like that while civic is a great car but overall experience with honda dealers is not that great as it is with Toyota ( in fact even during pre sales one can feel the difference)

what is the experience of present honda civic owners??
Old 20th May 2007, 18:09   #2
Team-BHP Support

Actually this should be directed at owners of all Hondas in Noida. In mumbai Arya Honda give us decent service (for our City).
Old 20th May 2007, 19:09   #3
Senior - BHPian

Support from Prime Honda is pretty decent and they are pretty good for normal servicing. South Delhi Honda on the other hand is pretty sad & standards there are quite poor.

Also give a shot to Courtesy Honda Okhla. They are a new dealership & hence might be better than the other two in South Delhi/NCR.
Old 20th May 2007, 21:54   #4
Team-BHP Support

Actually even I would like to know a honest feedback from honda Civic customers here in bangalore.

Basically like quality of service, parts availability and the knowledge of the service guys of the civic.

Also what problems even niggling ones the civic has here.
Old 20th May 2007, 22:01   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

I havent heard any issues - ownership or service; from my brother who has the manual Civic from Dakshin Honda. The only time he complained was when he ran out of petrol on the way to our family lunch with his driver not having observed the fuel gauge.
Old 20th May 2007, 22:13   #6
Team-BHP Support

Ok how about the GC issue and the car squatting heavily from the rear when fully laden.

Basically what damages have people seen when the beach the car on a hump.

I'm asking because the civic has a completely flat foor. this is because the exhaust actually hangs below instead of inside the tunnel centre tunnel.
Old 20th May 2007, 22:20   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Again, I havent heard of any bottom-benders from him with his family-size of 4 + 1 driver. And some of the roads he travels on err on the wrong side of Olympus Mons

Last edited by theMAG : 20th May 2007 at 22:24.
Old 21st May 2007, 00:15   #8
BHPian

how can we post photos, i tried by pasting them but didnt appear.
Old 29th May 2007, 17:48   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'm asking because the civic has a completely flat foor. this is because the exhaust actually hangs below instead of inside the tunnel centre tunnel.
No there are no such GC related issues.
And the exhaust doesn't hang out... here is a pic...

ImageShack - Hosting :: img2584ez0.jpg

ImageShack - Hosting :: img2579hj8.jpg

I am with Dakshin Honda, Bangalore, and their service can only be classified as average...
Old 30th May 2007, 09:37   #10
BHPian

The closest dealers for you should be Prime Honda in Gzb - which is quite decent in terms of response - their service seems to be ok though - not many complaints.

Others are Southend Honda in Badarpur - decent sales team, and some good/knowledgable servicing staff/equipment too. But they get overwhelmed with too many Hondas coming for servicing and you may feel left out/ignored.

Courtesy Honda in Mathura road is another option. And its supposed to be better than Southend since it is trying to play catch-up. Havent tried it though.

Ishan can help you out more here - edit: he already has
Old 30th May 2007, 19:07   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Actually even I would like to know a honest feedback from honda Civic customers here in bangalore.

Basically like quality of service, parts availability and the knowledge of the service guys of the civic.

Dakshin and Whitefield are the only two dealers here in Bangalore. I tried Dakshin at first when I wanted to book the Civic. I called them up 2 or 3 times and I never got a proper answer from them. I wanted to know finance details and they said they'll call back, but did not. This put me off totally. Plus the distance I would have to cover and driving on Hosur Road with all the work going on was also discouraging.

Whitefield Honda said they would call back the next day but by then I landed up in Whitefield coz I had managed to convince my wife on the Civic !!! The sales lady there pretty much stood by and didn't explain much about the car. Guess she thought I'll never book the car !! Another lady came and took over and she covered all the details pretty well. Explaining all the finance details and giving us options. After that everything went smooth. I wanted the car delivered on the first week of Jan. (booked last week of Dec). They had no issues with it and they even agreed to deliver it on a Sunday.

I've got 2 services done with them. You have to call them up and book. Avoid going on Saturdays as it gets too crowded. There are many follow up calls from them. After every service I've got a call asking me if everything went ok. I've also got calls from Honda Delhi asking me for feedback. I've not been charged a single penny so far. The side rearview mirror had come out (only the glass part) due to a small accident and they fixed it for me free of cost.

Quote:
It depends on who's attending to you when give it for service. There are some guys who are really good and some who don't know a lot. But they do ensure you get the information.

I'm going to them again next week for a bumper replacement (ran over a dog). I had called them up and they have already told me what the insurance claim procedure is.

Quote:
Its a solidly built car, I've not noticed any problems. Once or twice I felt the driver side door was creaking but that's not there now. The wipers make a noise when they are on, but that's basically the rubber noise against the glass. GC is an issue if you are fully loaded. 5 people + luggage. You tend to scrape on speedbreakers unless you are really slow. Other than that, 5K kms in 6 months, and I've nothing to complain against.

Last edited by csentil : 30th May 2007 at 19:18.
Old 31st May 2007, 12:18   #12
BHPian

Dakshin

My uncle has a Civic, and when I was in Bangalore, he'd asked me to take the Civic for servicing at Dakshin, and i used to work in E-city. That was a bad experience, as they made me wait for about an hour to give me the bill (some accessories were added) and that pissed me off. I told the guys there, and also filled in the compliant form. The dealer then sent across 10 cups (yes, 10) of La Opala make to my uncle to improve goodwill. Since then, the service has been average, nothing to get excited about.

Superavi
Old 4th June 2007, 14:18   #13
Senior - BHPian

I had filled in a feedback form and had sent it to Honda Head office, Delhi. I got two biege colour Honda Logo imprinted cushions as free accessories for the feedback I sent !!! Nice thought.
Old 4th June 2007, 14:22   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
I had filled in a feedback form and had sent it to Honda Head office, Delhi. I got two biege colour Honda Logo imprinted cushions as free accessories for the feedback I sent !!! Nice thought.
I got same kind of pillows for my NHC for the same efforts. Looks good in the car, though I wanted head-rest pillows.

PS: I had given average rating to one of the points in feedback. This had the head of sales calling me.
PS: I also got a minor paint touch up job free of cost. This was from Dakshin Honda.

Last edited by msdivy : 4th June 2007 at 14:28.
Old 4th June 2007, 20:10   #15
Team-BHP Support

Those pillows cost 800bucks a pop. Nice gesture if they did it for free.

Most Viewed