Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2007, 21:35   #46
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
In my personal opionion, the only Verna worth buying is the CRDi. Leaves the petrol way behind as far as performance is concerned. But for the Turbo lag, which can be irritating in bumper to bumper traffic.
And, again in my personal opinion, the only SX4 variant worth buying is the ZXi. Offers tremendous value for money, and things like Auto-A/C, ABS, Airbags etc. lacking in VXi make ZXi too sumptuous.
I agree. The petrol is not too great. Friend has one. Says good power, but very bad handling.

I'd say SX4.
Old 3rd July 2007, 21:36   #47
Senior - BHPian

SX4-Zxi it is.....though the cost of car is little more than the budget you have mentioned above (in Bangalore).

U need not worry about the A.S.S of Maruti as it is good and u will get the spares everywhere (though this is a new model). The resale value for maruti is better good compared to Hyuandai. But Verna Petrol, I have never come across anybody pitching for that car...ZXi wins hands down when compared to the base version as it has all the safety features which the base model/verna does not have....

Ask ur friend to go for a test drive of both the vehicles and he will find the difference........
Old 3rd July 2007, 21:39   #48
Senior - BHPian

Yes you are right DCEite and C_D about Verna Petrol and also about SX4, the great package is SX4 ZXI.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 4th July 2007, 15:47   #49
BHPian

I don't think Aveo will be value for money compared to SX4. The resale value will be very low. GM & FORD vehicles have very less resale value. Consider the Chevy Optra which is an excellent car but expensive to maintain and the resale value is very less. The basic version costs 9 lakhs, but you can get a 3 year old car for 4.5 lakhs which is half the price. My santro (4 lakh) atleast goes for 2.8 lakhs (3 years old).
Old 4th July 2007, 16:28   #50
BHPian

Guys,

Thanks for your replies. You're right about the SX4 ZXi being the only SX4 to buy, but unfortunately the ZXi is out of budget for my friend.

He's test driven both, the Verna and the SX4, and he likes the looks of the Verna better. On paper they both develop 102 BHP. and they seem to be more alike in the non ABS, Airbags versions.

In this light - which is the better car? And why?

Also, any Verna petrol owners here who could share their experiences with us?

Superavi

DCEite - Congrats on becoming a Mod!
Old 4th July 2007, 16:43   #51
BHPian

Hi Spueravi. Let me add my two bits here. Unlike most on Team-BHP, am what I would call "a normal city driver". Which means, that its doesnt matter of the car is two secs slower than another car in reaching 100kmph!

For a normal driver who self drives the car to office and back (1000 kms) a month, you need to look at comfort, feel while driving the car (highly subjective), a.s.s, econoly etc

Between the SX4 and Verna, the SX4 has got loads of support on team-bhp as its a performance car like the fiesta. However, ask most here havent driven the Verna especially if its petrol. So dont go just by somieones perceptions. The Verna is a decent option as well.

SX4: Great looks, feels more powerful, fuel economy said to be between 9 - 10 (max 11). Very bad rear seat - No way a fifth person can sit in the middle because of how the seat juts out. The driver will have a large blind spot on the right side at about 60 degrees because of the pillar and not to forget, long waiting period. Driver is great. Car feels solid. Good after sales. Interiors ok. Nothing to sing praise about as in all Maruti cars

Verna: Looks good (subjective). Fuel economy is 9 - 11. Rear seat is comfy for 3. Car feels good. The build qulaity is very good. Interiors are good and feels like a more expensive car. Good after sales serivce. Waiting period is less than a week. However, two nigles.. breaks not that powerful for the car (so driving at 140 is out) and also shocks arent great (so again no conering at 120kmph - not sure if you can do it on sx4 either!!)

So if your friend wants a "preformance" car, look at SX4 (but only at Zxi). If he wants a decent combination of everything, then Verna Xi is a good option.

But he should drive both vehicles and then take a final call. Cheers!
Old 4th July 2007, 17:03   #52
BHPian

Picked up the Verna Xi last week. So far so good!!
Old 4th July 2007, 19:48   #53
BHPian

Congrats on the new buy Victor
Old 4th July 2007, 20:21   #54
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on Verna Xi its good car, Enjoy your ride.

Ravi.
Old 4th July 2007, 22:36   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superavi View Post
Guys,

Thanks for your replies. You're right about the SX4 ZXi being the only SX4 to buy, but unfortunately the ZXi is out of budget for my friend.

He's test driven both, the Verna and the SX4, and he likes the looks of the Verna better. On paper they both develop 102 BHP. and they seem to be more alike in the non ABS, Airbags versions.

In this light - which is the better car? And why?

Also, any Verna petrol owners here who could share their experiences with us?

Superavi

DCEite - Congrats on becoming a Mod!
I had exactly the same options before me. Either an SX4 VXi or Verna or Aveo/Fiesta etc. But after considering a lot of things, I went for SX4 VXi. I paid 5L as down payment and the rest as EMI, which means I could've certainly afforded ZXi, but convincing my entire family was something I was just not able to do.

Considering SX4 VXi and other cars, brand Maruti (which means cheaper maintenance, a great ***, and more importantly amazing resale value) automatically scored over the rest - considering that the power, looks are similar between SX4 VXi and Verna Xi & rest. Also figured that a Maruti car can't be a blooper. I mean, once Aveos and Fiestas are phased out say 3/4 years later, ***, resale value etc depends on how GM and Ford are doing in India that point of time - something that we can't predict now. But even if a Maruti car is not a market hit - like the Baleno, *** and resale would certainly not be a problem. In short, Maruti is easily the least risk proposition.

But again, we've been Maruti for a long time now, so we could've been a bit biased.

All the best mate!
Old 5th July 2007, 04:50   #56
BHPian

Although I own both a hyundai and sx4, i bet sx4 is the best choice. Foremost the safety features, comfort, build quality and its Maruti, the invincible (atleast for some more time!). Then the GC, driver view etc and all bonus. Handling is best in its class and clean proven engine. Lastly spacious boot etc. Good choice buddy.
Old 5th July 2007, 09:24   #57
Senior - BHPian

I'd say.... go fot the verna... as personally i didn't lik the sx4 much... and also the fit and finish of the verna is better... dont know about the fe though... in cochin... the dealer is offering 10,000 rs off+sonymp3 player 4 spk+basic accessories+(whatever more u can bargain for!!) also... why not try the fiesta 1.4???

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks