Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2007, 21:15   #61
Senior - BHPian

Congrats ad75. Black is a terrific colour. As explained by iraghava, there is nothing unusual in the sounds & the fan is sort of loud in the new esteems. About the alloys, i think they will look much better than they do on my old warhorse. cheers & happy revving.

P.S please post some snaps of your ride with those alloys as well.
Old 1st August 2007, 15:07   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Congrats ad75. Black is a terrific colour. As explained by iraghava, there is nothing unusual in the sounds & the fan is sort of loud in the new esteems. About the alloys, i think they will look much better than they do on my old warhorse. cheers & happy revving.

P.S please post some snaps of your ride with those alloys as well.

thanks e_l will post the pics shortly.was busy with month end.being is sales!

@cutcrap - thanks dude - hehe, the altitude is lower in esteem.its a different perspective though.im starting to enjoy the car.clocked 300kms as of now.yeah i know black is difficult to maintain.
Old 3rd August 2007, 14:03   #63
BHPian

pics

guys the pics are bad quality.apologies for that

Old 4th August 2007, 03:10   #64
Senior - BHPian

Man, you got to do better than that.
Old 4th August 2007, 10:37   #65
BHPian

yeah sure e_l, actually the pics were taken in a basement at my residence & office.both places being dark and the crappy cannon a400 camera.the results were like this.i will take pics in sunlight.will post them shortly.
Old 4th August 2007, 11:40   #66
Team-BHP Support

congratz on the new buy happy motoring
Old 4th August 2007, 16:46   #67
BHPian

thanks Jaggu

some more pics.better ones.

Old 4th August 2007, 16:49   #68
Senior - BHPian

Just like i said, the alloys look great on your car. cheers
Old 5th August 2007, 13:49   #69

Congrats AD

Hey AD, congratulations and welcome to the club.
My esteem has done 30K+ kms and its as much a fun to drive as it was when I first stepped in. There are a few nagging issues with esteem such as low seating, light weight, interiors; but the package is exceptional. Touch wood, I have never had any issues with the car, and on long drives it is a fun to drive. No wonder, I still see lot of folks still buying esteem even though there are lot of people who are biased against it

You have already done alloys. If possible get better sets of tyres, Bridgestone / Michelin depending on your requirement. I persisted with stock JK tyres and they were not so good (which I realised now after getting a new set)

Changes I made to my VXi:
1. Alloys
2. Seat covers - don't go for leather unless you are a fanatic, they are not practical
3. Security system
4. Upgraded all factory fitted speakers with Alpine ones and had a 10 CD changer fitted in the boot
5. K&N filter - the difference is noticeable and welcome. Fit the filter after some time once you get used to the switch from Alto to Esteem in terms of power and speed

Things to keep in mind:
1. Apart from regular servicing get wheel alignment and balancing done every 5K kms. Get this done from specific tyre shops, I suffered as I trusted the service station
2. Petrol - fill petrol only from dependable station - tried and tested
3. Air pressure in tyres
4. Regular servicing.. it is wise to check under the hood from time to time yourself just to see if anything is looking different

All the best, have a nice time
Old 6th August 2007, 12:32   #70
BHPian

thanks Esteem77.

Will keep the things mentioned you in mind.

Seat covers - will be fabric or art leather yet to decide.

Got the ice installed yesterday. HU - sony CDX mp50 - front speakers -philips 4" 240watts.rear JBL cs300.amplifier - sony 222.sub woofer - kenwood 1000watts.amp cable kit - boss.rear plank.

Petrol - have done 480 kms as of today morning.got an FE of 11.8 in the first tank full.it might improve after first service at 1k.I always fill shell normal.

Fuel guage - at E the esteem still holds 8-10 ltrs.is that correct? or is there something wrong with my car?

Tyres - my car is currently on 155/80 goodyear.wanted to change to michelin, but due to budget constraints have deferred it for next change @35-40k on odo.
Old 6th August 2007, 13:09   #71
Senior - BHPian

Wow man. your car sure looks hot. Looks very stealth.

I like the alloys but IMO ash black alloys (matte?) would have looked killer.

Enjoy and drive safe.
Old 6th August 2007, 13:39   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
I like the alloys but IMO ash black alloys (matte?) would have looked killer.
thanks n aditya

are you referring to the ones which look like brake dust on a silver rim?

i had initially selected a black machine finish from league LG193. but didnt like it when put they put the alloys on the car.the car is black & i thought a contrast would look better.
Old 9th October 2007, 22:11   #73
Senior - BHPian

ad75, do you stay in thippasandra ? I saw a black esteem in that area with the same alloys sunday before last with 9177, if i remember correctly. could you confirm ?
Old 10th October 2007, 13:53   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
ad75, do you stay in thippasandra ? I saw a black esteem in that area with the same alloys sunday before last with 9177, if i remember correctly. could you confirm ?
hey john,

i do travel around bangalore. sales job u see .i stay in RT nagar.thats not my car.the no is different.we can catch up though, when you visit blr next.
Old 10th October 2007, 14:49   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad75 View Post
Got the ice installed yesterday. HU - sony CDX mp50 - front speakers -philips 4" 240watts.rear JBL cs300.amplifier - sony 222.sub woofer - kenwood 1000watts.amp cable kit - boss.rear plank.

Petrol - have done 480 kms as of today morning.got an FE of 11.8 in the first tank full.it might improve after first service at 1k.I always fill shell normal.

Fuel guage - at E the esteem still holds 8-10 ltrs.is that correct? or is there something wrong with my car?
Congrats on the car, black is an evergreen color. Can we know why you chose a Sony HU and Phillips front speakers?

I think esteem has a 45L tank capacity and if its right then there will be easily 5-7L when your needle shows at "E"
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks