Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2007, 12:46   #16
BWN
BHPian

Hi Guys, Thanks for the replys.I got some thigngs clarified now.The car is not a Vxi and its just Maruti Baleno(both on the boot and RC).It was my sisters mistake to have seen another car in the parking lot.

TD was done today and it seems that the car is really well maintained.It even has a cassette player in it, which shows the car has not been used by youngsters who would have put on a CD HU atleast.Max price offered now is 2.75... which itself was a tough bargain as lots of enquires are pouring in on fone during the baragin.

Manager says that Maruti and some diesel cars have a higher resale value in salem and trichy than other big cities and he has showed the true value valuation guide and explained how they evaluate a car and fix a value.All said and done, 2.75l is atleast a premium of 25k.... still confused....

Underbody has been checked throughly and everythig is fine.Mileage claimed is 12.I spoke to the sales guy and he says he dosnt want to be very optimistic and invite our curses.Highway could be 14 he says.... with AC 100%.......
Old 3rd June 2007, 21:09   #17
Senior - BHPian

The baleno that came in 2000 was the top end version with all the frills comparable to the vxi. Considering that you are buying from true value & the very fact that they have come down by 25k really means that there are not many takers for this car, so do not get fooled by those non existent enquiries. Take your time & look around.
Old 3rd June 2007, 21:15   #18
Team-BHP Support

3 Lakhs for a 7 year old car which is out of production is way too much. Scout around a little more, You'll certainly find a better deal.
Old 3rd June 2007, 21:19   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
The baleno that came in 2000 was the top end version with all the frills comparable to the vxi. Considering that you are buying from true value & the very fact that they have come down by 25k really means that there are not many takers for this car, so do not get fooled by those non existent enquiries. Take your time & look around.
well... Its not too easy to get a baleno from true value.... I've tried that, and usually the car gets picked up in 2-3 days... Once i spot a car and go back there it would be gone...
Old 3rd June 2007, 21:31   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
well... Its not too easy to get a baleno from true value.... I've tried that, and usually the car gets picked up in 2-3 days... Once i spot a car and go back there it would be gone...
That is not the case in every city.
Old 4th June 2007, 17:26   #21
BWN
BHPian

Crazy driver is right..... Truevalue balenos just vanish away in no time.i have personally lost 2 of them in mysore.

Update guys..... Final price is said to be 2.75l and not a penny less.Car is in very good condition and tyres are new.Still thinking....... but the sales guys says mileage will be 12 only.... on persisting more, he says he wants to be on safer side.But 12kmpl is way too on safer side...
Old 4th June 2007, 18:44   #22
Senior - BHPian

Unless you have specific reason for buying only Baleno, you should walk away from this deal and look at other used car models.

IMHO, Used Baleno's are over priced because of the demand/supply situation (I am not selling mine any time soon )
Old 4th June 2007, 20:59   #23
BHPian

why dont u check out my thread on true value balenos?? i am sure ur over paying for this one.
Old 4th June 2007, 21:18   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWN View Post
Crazy driver is right..... Truevalue balenos just vanish away in no time.i have personally lost 2 of them in mysore.
the reason one would buy a baleno is it was VFM.

but a used car priced at 3L, is it really? you do have better options in market.
Old 4th June 2007, 21:44   #25
BWN
BHPian

Idea dropped.Thanks mates for all your valuable suggestion.I shall scout for a better deal by myself.

Mods.... this thread can be closed :(

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks