Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2022, 19:43   #31
BHPian

Re: A VW Vento in 2022? EDIT: Bought a Vento MT in Carbon Grey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by na_agrawal View Post
This is our first VW and I am already loving it. Also, the VW dealer informed me that my Vento is the last MT Vento to be delivered in the state of Assam as they've now stopped taking orders for MT, due to 1-2 months of backorders.
Welcome to the VW club mate! This colour strikes a special chord in my heart as I too own a CS Gray Vento albeit a 2015 MT Petrol! For me this one of VW's richest and most elegant colours for the Polo and Vento.

7 years into the ownership and I feel no need to change the car at all, you correctly stated that the Polo and Vento have proved their worth over the years.

Maintaining this colour shouldn't be a problem, just the normal routine of wash and wax should be fine. After 7 years of Mumbai dirt and grime combined with a desi watchman carwash every morning the paint still gleams when waxed!

Regarding the rear camera, it is not really a problem, I just got my Vento fitted with a RCD340G Plus and a rear camera last week (all OEM parts) and it works like a charm! Unlike official VW accessories, this was surprisingly reasonable in terms of money.

Wishing you many many happy miles ahead!
AKSarkar1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th March 2022, 02:09   #32

Re: A VW Vento in 2022?

Congratulations on your purchase!

Popular wisdom may discourage you from making such purchases, but then the same popular wisdom was deterring me from buying my Vento 1.2 TSI DSG Highline back in 2016 as well.

All dear and near and even sales figures suggested that I should buy the Honda City instead. I have been an auto enthusiast as long as I know, and I can easily look beyond the fancy gimmickry of the current sunroofs, large touchscreens HUDs, etc.

I was confident that the potent 1.2 TSi and DSG was technically far superior at the time, and decided to stick to the Vento. A premium of over 1.5 lacs for a similar spec Honda City didn't make sense to me either.

Well after 6 years and several Mumbai-Kerala trips in the Vento with my family, we have become so fond of the car and are now refusing to let it go. My wife has been using the car mostly when I'm away at my job, and has become quite possessive about it!

As expected the stars of the package were the brilliant mechanicals and the super quiet cabin, which felt much more premium for the price. No amount of cajoling from the sales persons at a nearby VW dealership could convince us that the new Taigun was in anyway better than our Vento in terms of space, comfort and luggage hauling. Those are the things that really matter in a car, a fact that many overlook in favour of poser value, a large touchscreen and other fancy gadgetry.

So happy motoring, these are examples of good German engineering and will keep you smiling all along your ownership. Many happy owners like me will testify for the same.
jitz_c is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 18:51   #33
BANNED

I am new to this forum, and I would like to thank the moderators for accepting my request to join this forum. So I am also in the same dilemma as fellow member na_agarwal had. I want to buy a new car without waiting period, as my current ride the Hyundai Santro Xing has covered more than 1 lac kms. I am confused between the vento and slavia. I had a word with a dealer of Volkswagen in Kolkata, and they said the only vento they have is a matte edition automatic transmission. Quoted 14.11 lacs. On the other hand the skoda slavia ambition manual version is available for 13.92 on road. So I would like to ask the experienced members of the forum , which one do I choose, Vento or slavia ? Are there any issues with the AC of slavia?The vento is discontinued now so will there be a problem in sourcing spare parts? And coming from a manual transmission car, will the automatic transmission be reliable, in case I decide to buy the vento? Thanking you in advance.
Old 9th July 2022, 21:30   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR Manabendra S View Post
I am new to this forum, and I would like to thank the moderators for accepting my request to join this forum. So I am also in the same dilemma as fellow member na_agarwal had. I want to buy a new car without waiting period, as my current ride the Hyundai Santro Xing has covered more than 1 lac kms. I am confused between the vento and slavia. I had a word with a dealer of Volkswagen in Kolkata, and they said the only vento they have is a matte edition automatic transmission. Quoted 14.11 lacs. On the other hand the skoda slavia ambition manual version is available for 13.92 on road. So I would like to ask the experienced members of the forum , which one do I choose, Vento or slavia ? Are there any issues with the AC of slavia?The vento is discontinued now so will there be a problem in sourcing spare parts? And coming from a manual transmission car, will the automatic transmission be reliable, in case I decide to buy the vento? Thanking you in advance.
Welcome to the community buddy!
Just to introduce myself, I am a Vento 2015 Highline 1.6 MPI owner.

So as I read, you are confused between the Vento and Slavia. If space is what you are looking for, Slavia is the go-to vehicle. Slavia and Virtus have outgrown Rapid/Vento in terms of size. I guess you are in one way unlucky since they only have the matte-edition remaining because that car is overpriced (but it looks beautiful, I have only seen one in my entire life and was happy!). Does it look better than Slavia Ambition? This is your choice to make.

One thing I can say being a Vento owner is that the interior quality of this car is miles better and will last long, damn sure about that. No rattles whatsoever (my experience). I am really disappointed by the quality of interiors in their 2.0 cars. When I tried out the Slavia, the interior quality didn't feel nowhere near to a Vento's (but the layout was nice) but I was happy when I tried the Virtus, it had better interiors as compared to Slavia, definitely a noticeable difference is there but not as good as the Vento's.

Now about the engine. When you drive these cars, you will feel that Vento's 1L engine is more responsive, punchy and fun-to-drive when compared to the Slavia's. The 1L engine in Slavia is tuned more towards comfort, hence doesn't feel as fun as the Vento's. Don't be mistaken, Slavia's engine also does a great job, just because you are confused between these 2, I am comparing them!

Positives of Vento- Feels like a tank, LED Headlamps, Fog lamps with cornering function, Auto-dimming IRVMs, One-touch up & down windows with anti-pinch tech (all 4 windows, this is a big-miss in Slavia imho), better looking Alloy Wheels, better quality interiors, 4 reverse parking sensors, Rain sensing wipers etc.

Positives of Slavia- A fresh product, Better road presence, much better space, simply clever bits, Cupholders in rear-armrest, too many charging ports (but all of them are USB Type-C!!), Shark-fin antenna, better infotainment system, better speakers, enormous boot space, more safety features etc.
These were the features that came to my mind while writing this, please forgive me if I missed a few!!

Now, the service costs. Vento is definitely more expensive to maintain. Slavia is better than Vento in these terms.

About the spare parts. See, there are still a lot of Vento's running around in India, so I expect at least for the next 7-9 years there shouldn't be a problem in sourcing the spare parts (I hope, fingers crossed).
Any other member who has an idea about spare parts, please do share your opinions to help this kind man out.

AC issues- I guess the AC issues being reported is mostly due to the over-aggressive auto start-stop system of this vehicle to provide fuel efficiency. This system turns off the engine when your car is stationary which in return turns off the compressor of the AC. I don't have much experience with this start-stop tech but keeping it off should help you to keep the AC running thus keeping the cabin cool.

If you are willing to spend 14 lakhs, then I would suggest you to consider the Virtus Highline MT too if you like the car's design and overall appearance. It is also better-equipped than the Slavia.

I hope that this post helped you in some or the other way to make a decision. Whichever car you choose, wishing you many happy miles ahead with it!

Cheers!!
TechnoBloop is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2022, 00:08   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnoBloop View Post
When I tried out the Slavia, the interior quality didn't feel nowhere near to a Vento's (but the layout was nice) but I was happy when I tried the Virtus, it had better interiors as compared to Slavia, definitely a noticeable difference is there but not as good as the Vento's.
Correction- When I tried out the Slavia, the interior quality didn't feel anywhere near to a Vento's (but the layout was nice) but I was happy when I tried the Virtus, it had better interiors as compared to Slavia, definitely a noticeable difference is there but not as good as the Vento's.
TechnoBloop is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks