Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2007, 09:50   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Reignofchaos, you should bring your car down to the weekend drives and meets man. Would love to catch up with a cedia owner.
Certainly... do keep me informed. Shall be there from next time onwards .
Old 6th June 2007, 10:48   #32
Senior - BHPian

I told SX4 is a good car If person needs abs/airbag/climate control/big wheels for 8+ lacs yes it is SX4 which is single choice without looking back. Its the winner in these areas.

Coming to quality, practicality (looks big from outside but disappoint you once you are inside ), too new engine so have to wait for at least 1 year to know and the way hype is created SX4 appears like car with lot of marketing gimic than practicality.

For any good solid product show off not needed, but in this world making big show off in public forum like this we can make the prodcut finds success which doesnot deserve that much hype!

Since he can stretch upto 10 lacs there are many prooven cars in the market which are much better than SX4 for the budget upto 10 lacs.

This is feedback based on what I analyzed.

Ravi.
Old 6th June 2007, 10:54   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasygreat View Post
SUV is ok too not an issue, it should have been car/SUV
moreover, even I was considering Safari Dicor. but is it free of maintenance issues now. historically have heard of many instances of oil leakages etc.
You should check out the "long term ownership reports" section for the teething problems of a new Safari, there are a few present, but mostly minor.
Old 6th June 2007, 10:55   #34
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat
For any good solid product show off not needed, but in this world making big show off in public forum like this we can make the prodcut finds success which doesnot deserve that much hype!
Product cannot sell all by its own. You need a good marketing strategy. Or word of mouth. And there is no show off here, but honest reviews by many bhpians. Yes, the fit and finish may not be as good as NHC but you dont get everything in all cars. Its a sacrifice one has to make. Either safety features or fit and finish. I would prefer safety features. You might not. And the engine is not brand new. Its being used abroad for almost 5+ years now - the VVT. With 190mm GC its quite a practical car.
Old 6th June 2007, 16:22   #35
Senior - BHPian

My first comment @mclaren1885 there is no use of debate like this in this thread especially.

I am not against SX4, but If I give +ve apsects for NHC and -ve aspects for SX4 why you battle Sir ? I gave +ve aspects of SX4 as well and also
-ve aspects of Honda or any other cars.

I am not understanding why few TBHPains feel bad and taking it serious note (may be they work for Maruti or MUL loyalty customer...) when someone say against Maruti.

Every one has rights to comment on the product.

Ravi.
Old 6th June 2007, 16:44   #36
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Ravi, no one is battling here. And no is gaining by supporting a certain manufacture. Maruti is not going to gift me a car or give me additional discounts. All we are asking is some proof or proper substantiation for comments like "wait for 1 year and you will know what I mean". As long as you back it up with facts nobody will raise a finger. Such statements can scare away certain prospective customers IMO. Which is why I stated, if you know something that we dont please feel free to speak so. I see nothing wrong in it.

I believe in giving credit where its due. Otherwise, try and back it up with a proof. Like in case, for a budget of 10L I would consider the Elantra Crdi as my first choice. Am I still trying to be a loyal MUL customer? I really dont think so. I hope you get the point.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 6th June 2007 at 16:45.
Old 6th June 2007, 16:56   #37
Senior - BHPian

Did I read somewhere about problems in the D4D diesel engine in the Innova after a certain no of kilometers, or is it just my imagination? Otherwise, Innova D would be a good choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Certainly... do keep me informed. Shall be there from next time onwards .
OT: Also, Please upload the car pics to ur TBHP gallery !!
Old 6th June 2007, 18:50   #38
BHPian

when it comes to safety or quality?, i prefer safety. Most of us prefer the quality of the CUP than the quality of coffee it has. Sx4 is the better option.
If you really need a good CUP go for NHC....
good coffee go for Sx4....
if you need both stretch your budget slightly and go for CIVIC
Old 6th June 2007, 21:03   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post

OT: Also, Please upload the car pics to ur TBHP gallery !!

Me still a newb and hence can't create a gallery :(.
Old 7th June 2007, 20:19   #40
Senior - BHPian

Ok here it goes most of us know this but as suggested by few members here I am posting why I said SX4 might not be right choice If budget is in between 8 and 10 lacs. But still SX4 is good choice If person need airbag/abs/climate control/big wheels/alloys for 8+ lacs on road, Maruti backed up service. resale value might be good with SX4, over all good package. Its derived from Fiat platform (Linea.. I guess)...

For the person who can stretch the budget upto 10 lacs SX4 is not good choice at all. There are very good cars in the market for 10 lacs.

When we talk about Sedan it should fit 5 passengers with SX4 interior size 4 can be happy inside. Car looks big from outside but inside space usage is not good at all. I read and heard SX4 has issue with AC right now and If AC is on its not pulling much, It has cramped rear seat comapred with its compitetion. Fit and finish/quality not good comapred with compitetion, FE max. 10kmpl in city driving, even if all windows rolled up and closed you can hear noise inside (Santro which is silky silent inside and Swift is noicy inside windows rolled up).

SX4 is too new baby in teh market, so we need to wait and see. This makes enough justification why I made statements in my previous post.

SX4 (targeted for economy with bunch of goodies) and NHC (targeted for refinement/luxury...) are totally different segment according to me.

After telling all these I still helped my friend to buy SX4 ZXI because he wanted car with musclre looks/abs/airbag/climate control/big wheels for 8 lacs. in karnataka. So suggested and made him wait for its launch and buy!

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 7th June 2007, 22:35   #41
BHPian

VFM car...

Well my opinion here would be SX4 and Aveo. Both are VFM cars, Aveo's gearshift problem has been rectified now. Better Looks and improved A.S.S makes it good city car.

SX4 is well discussed here in forum so nothing much to add on that
Old 7th June 2007, 22:41   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

prasygreat,

Quote:
I am currently considering Honda City, Innova and SX4
Thats a very wide statement. Consider the Innova only if you have a large family to regularly move abt. Else, you'll notice across the forum that the SX4 is determined as a perciptibly VFM propostion over the NHC
Old 25th September 2007, 19:37   #43

last question on Innova V

Have mostly decided on Innova V diesel model...but very confused between whether to go for 7 seater or 8 seater...what are pros and cons...

Thanks
Old 25th September 2007, 21:04   #44
BHPian

Innova is indeed a good choice. Particularly if you head to the highway on weekends. Just need to get used to the looks.

One thing I would like to add is, you could probably find out from long term owners of Innova who travel through Mumbai roads everyday. They can give a clear picture on how easy it is to drive. Usually innovas are chauffer driven so most of the owners wont know and wont bother

Corolla still has a 'status' associated with it (if at all one is interested in it!). Dont think that can be matched by others within that price range.
Old 25th September 2007, 21:09   #45
Senior - BHPian

LOL what status? Status that is indicated by rattling body panels?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks