Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2007, 21:01   #31
Senior - BHPian

Well, both the Mondeo and Vectra are crappy when it comes to performance. Atleast the Vectra, the Mondeo will kill you otherwise.

Your best bet would be a used Baleno/Vtec and then to turbo it. Yeah, I know, they're not in production either. Or the Esteem.
Old 12th June 2007, 22:00   #32
BHPian

Do not go for a used Palio 1.6. It will be a drain on pocket. Keeping all palio love aside, its maintenance will eat you up.
Go for a OHC Vtec or an Octi RS if you can find one.

Among the newer ones, SX4 and fiesta are good(provided you stretch ur budget)
Old 20th July 2007, 18:30   #33

i finally got myself a ford mondeo,single owner, 2003 done 28k kms... price: 5.8 l...is it a good deal?
Old 20th July 2007, 21:07   #34
Senior - BHPian

Is it a good deal? I am afraid I am not qualified to comment. But I can hazard a guess that you will end up spending a lot on running/maintaining the car. I think you should look out for a Baleno.
Old 20th July 2007, 23:41   #35
BHPian

an RS 7 laks???? well at least not here in kerala.

i think you should go in for an OHC VTEC or Baleno. I feel that the VTEC is a better looking car than the baleno, and with alloys and skirts etc, the VTEC would look much cooler than most cars.

if it's the VTEC you r going for then go for post august/september 2002 model because it comes with the new ECU. i bought a 2003 VTEC last month for 5.5 laks (single owner, full honda service, 59000 km, with new alloys and 205/50 r15 tyres).

VTEC's price can vary according to the condition of the car.a 2002 model black color which had done only 23,000 km which i was about to buy for 5.4 laks was sold to some other lucky guy for 5.8 laks.

another option would be to go in for the Fiat Palio 1.6 GTX if you are willing to buy a hatchback. i'm not talking about the new stile, but the old one, which is a lot cooler and more macho to look at. find a 1.6 GTX that has done very less kms. since fiat has very low resale value, you can get one for a good price. you can then add good quality alloys like OZ Racing etc, good skirts, imported turbo charger, new intake/exhaust, expensive ice etc for the rest of the money.

don't go for the mondeo. it would later put you in trouble. the mondeo was not made or assembled in india. it was directly shipped from UK. ford india does not make mondeo parts. so spare parts and maintanance would be expensive.
Old 21st July 2007, 08:56   #36
Senior - BHPian

I would suggest skoda RS or Corolla..........
Old 21st July 2007, 09:18   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by obituary View Post
i finally got myself a ford mondeo,single owner, 2003 done 28k kms... price: 5.8 l...is it a good deal?
Dont go for it. Main reason is that the quality of mondeos made in/for india was not good. Another thing is that it is difficult to maintain.
Old 21st July 2007, 09:27   #38
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by obituary View Post
Mondeo is pretty good in the highways. In city it could be a little pain to drive because of the absence of the low end torque. Though more than the car you should be worried about the A.S.S offered by Ford. A friend's Mondeo is stuck at the showroom for over a month for a block replacement. And they still seem to be taking ages to start work on the car though its under warranty. As long as you take good care of the car there is not much you can go wrong with. Oh, is your In Dash CD player working? Mondeo's were pioneered with this problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swathyd
Main reason is that the quality of mondeos made in/for india was not good.
Any quality issues that you know of that we don't?
Old 21st July 2007, 09:44   #39
BHPian

Yes dear friend , 'ACI' had reported some such problems and approached ford india. It appeared on 'helpline' which is available only to members. I dont remember what was the problem . Yes, they were multiple in nature.
Old 21st July 2007, 09:50   #40
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by swathyd View Post
Yes dear friend , 'ACI' had reported some such problems and approached ford india. It appeared on 'helpline' which is available only to members. I dont remember what was the problem . Yes, they were multiple in nature.
Sensitive fuel pumps were one of them which later got sorted out (had more to do with our pathetic adulterated fuel). The CD player has been a persistent problem. Nothing else that I can think off in the 3+ years of his ownership experience. Infact he never faced the seat controls or fuel pump problem ever. CD player twice and now he doesn't bother about it. A stupid friend of his seized the engine by shifting down to 2nd or the 3rd by mistake from some 170kmph without braking (managed to somehow wrench the gear into 3rd and crack half the internals) . Apart from the legendary FORD A.S.S the car is good.
Old 21st July 2007, 10:20   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamy450 View Post
At given budget you can go for Aveo 1.4 LS its a good car if you can strech then fiesta or NHC waiting for you.

Aveo 1.4 ,Performance car ,you must be joking !

Anyways the best bet would be to get an rs,but it seems your budget is restricted to 7lacs, so....... see if you can get a v well maintained accord.

Last edited by dhirajs : 21st July 2007 at 10:21.
Old 21st July 2007, 10:21   #42
BANNED

I guess the owner has already purchased the car. Can the mods lock the thread?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks