Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2007, 15:20   #16
Senior - BHPian

i think if u refer any thread on "what car" - the first thing u shud get straight is what u need the car for and what are YOUR priorities out of thecar, your lifestyle etc etc...

bcos for the same money im sure you can find even an OLD MERC, a PAJERO, AN LC or for that matter any vehicle in any class...
bottom like is - do u need that car and does it fit ur usage requirement and ur image..?

have that in mind more than anything else and then start analysing the various options in the market....

clearly - u cud open up ur choice to many other cars also like the fiesta, verna , SX4 that are available in this budget

Last edited by narayan : 13th June 2007 at 15:23. Reason: clicked on submit by mistake
Old 13th June 2007, 15:39   #17
Senior - BHPian

If you have the money and if this car is going to be a second car, buy the vectra. Its an excellent car with loads of gizmos and power to keep you entertained all day.

but all the gizmos come at a price and to fix each you will have to spend loads of time and money.

Aveo on the other hand is a cheaper to run car.

follow the heart if backed by money and time to buy the vectra
Follow the mind and make a sensible choice in the aveo.

Sure it also depends on other factors such as the mileage, condition of the car, service history etc.
Old 13th June 2007, 15:55   #18
BHPian

Aveo is a practical car. Vectra is too expensive to maintain - High fuel bills, expensive spares (mostly imported), low ground clearence...I have heard that Vectra is known to have fuel pump problems..
Old 13th June 2007, 16:17   #19
GTO
Team-BHP Support

The Vectra will kill you in upkeep! Since it hasnt sold well, I dont presume a ready supply of parts. And when you get them, they will be killer expensive.
Old 18th December 2007, 15:49   #20
BHPian

Ended up buying the Vectra - 6 months down the line update

Guys,
I ended up listening to my heart and bought the Vectra - 42k on the odo and just over 3 years old. I've only spent about 5k so far in terms of maintenance - that too only on replacing the battery - regular lifecycle replacement. So far the car has been great - no real problems - fuel efficiency is ok - I have been getting roughly 8kms to a litre.
It drives like a dream and feels very solid and stable and I just love the gizmos, especially the audio controls on the steering wheel cheers:
The Aveo was being sold by a guy who was moving out of India...
Old 18th December 2007, 16:40   #21
BHPian

Anyway if your happy with your choice then its just terrific. Keep that feeling forever by listening cool heart and not your smart Mind.

Hope you don't get into dogma of buying for showoff and suffering from inside.

Happy driving.

Anju
Old 18th December 2007, 16:48   #22
Senior - BHPian

vectra. dude. . . lovely car. but man. . shes very very very very expensive to maintain.
Old 18th December 2007, 16:51   #23
BANNED

Hey ilovefls, that a terrific decision to for the luxury car. What do the GM service guys say? Do they stock the parts?
Old 18th December 2007, 18:58   #24
Senior - BHPian

Now, thats an amazing decision to make - as in, swimming against the current. Hope you have a fun time with the Vectra.

Imagine the depreciation hit for the seller - car loosing more than 2/3rds of its value in 3 years.

If I am right, in all these years, I would have seen maybe 2-3 Vectras in Chennai (don't think B'lore would be any different). In that sense, you can take pride in having a unique car.
Old 18th December 2007, 23:25   #25
aks316

go for AVEO.. its a more practical choice and since u wil be driving in the city aveo would be a better choice.. its a very good car..

Old 19th December 2007, 09:37   #26
Senior - BHPian

@aks316, he has already bought the Vectra. :-)
Old 19th December 2007, 10:21   #27
Senior - BHPian

It is better to go for Aveo because its a newer car, still in production. On the other hand, Opel brand name is no longer in India, although GM is still there. Also, in Bangalore, there were rumours of Garuda dealership closing down or something. Not sure. Can someone confirm please?
Old 5th August 2008, 14:06   #28
BHPian

For Sale - Opel Vectra!

Hey guys,
After having enjoyed this beauty for the last one year I have decided, with a heavy heart albeit, to put it on the block since I am in the process of relocating out of India :(
Any takers for this beauty? I will let it go to the first offer above 6 lacs - car specs are - 2004 June registered, silver colour, fully loaded and new tyres and battery, put in one year back. Car has done 52k kms and has no history of accidents at all.
Old 5th August 2008, 15:15   #29
Team-BHP Support

I saw a similar one advertised for 5.25L in this weeks sunday papers
Old 5th August 2008, 15:41   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
I saw a similar one advertised for 5.25L in this weeks sunday papers
I know they go much cheaper than that, that is if you can convince someone to buy it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks