Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2008, 16:16   #31
Senior - BHPian

Best of luck with selling your Opel Vectra.
Old 6th August 2008, 14:49   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovefls View Post
Hey guys,
After having enjoyed this beauty for the last one year I have decided, with a heavy heart albeit, to put it on the block since I am in the process of relocating out of India :(
Any takers for this beauty? I will let it go to the first offer above 6 lacs - car specs are - 2004 June registered, silver colour, fully loaded and new tyres and battery, put in one year back. Car has done 52k kms and has no history of accidents at all.
Advice you to post it in the site classifieds along with pics.
Team-BHP Classifieds - Main Index - Powered by PhotoPost Classifieds
Old 8th August 2008, 10:30   #33
ppr
BHPian

Second hand Vectra at a dealer

I have been looking for a second hand car these days. I saw an Opel vectra at a dealer in Mumbai yesterday. Took a TD. The car seemed to be in good shape as far as the body & interiors go but when driving it would not go beyond 60 kph in any gear. The guy who went with me for the test drive said they must have 'locked' it at a certain speed. I doubted that & called the dealer who said that the 'nozzles' must be blocked & need servicing.

I do not know much about cars (although I know that I wanted the Vectra when it was released & could not afford it) Why do you think the car was not able to achieve a higher speed?

Also I believe the spares of this car are very hard to get. Is that true?

PP
Old 8th August 2008, 17:47   #34
GTO
Team-BHP Support

PPR,

You'd do good with avoiding the Vectra. Expensive maintenance + hard to source parts.
Old 8th August 2008, 19:19   #35
ppr
BHPian

Other choices

Thanks GTO

I did not like the condition of the car anyway when it would not go beyond 60 kph. The dealer called me today asking about my decision & I told him to get the car in shape & then I would take a TD again.

The other 3 cars I have been looking for among the used cars are the Optra Magnum (very rarely available), the W124 E220 / 250 & the Cedia. I would like the Optra but I don't think any bargains to be had there. So it is between the W124 & the Cedia.

I know the Cedia probably makes more sense, but getting a 'Merc' at a slightly lower price ... Makes you think!

PP
Old 10th August 2008, 01:02   #36
Senior - BHPian

if you are looking for bargain picks, look at Mondeo too. They are available for 4ish in the used market right now and that too pristine examples.
Old 10th August 2008, 08:36   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppr View Post

I know the Cedia probably makes more sense, but getting a 'Merc' at a slightly lower price ... Makes you think!

PP
You might get a Merc at a low price but the maintenance cost later on ar really high.
It sounds like your budget is approx Rs 4L, why don't you up it a bit a go in for a new Dzire or Logan?
Old 11th August 2008, 01:26   #38
ppr
BHPian

Those cars are too small for me. I am a big person & like big cars. I am going for a used car as I have been convinced by two friends that it makes more sense to buy used rather than take a 20% hit coming out of the showroom.

My budget is slightly more than that but when buying a used car I would like to keep some reserve in case the car needs some work soon.
Old 10th September 2008, 16:04   #39

Hey I have an Opel Vectra 2.2 myself, been using it for a couple of years, and it's not exactly a guzzler, as some people may suggest it to be. I did a lot of driving between bombay and poona on weekends and the car is superb on the expressway, with mileages of 11-14 km/l with ordinary petrol and system g, driving at fairly high speeds. Driving in town, I don't generally get more than 8, 7.5 km/l is what the car computer says, with reasonable driving, not too pacey but not overly sedate either. With a lot of rushed driving, the bare minimum is around 6.5. Had no major issues with spares from National Garage, everything (including the tiny rubber mat in the compartment below the stereo) is procurable and has a part number. I'd strongly recommend the car, as it's seriously a good car at a bargain price..
Old 10th September 2008, 17:07   #40
BHPian

ppr i would suggest you to get the cedia. Its a drivers car and would keep you happy for thousands of miles. Peace of mind actually!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks