Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2007, 16:07   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballkey View Post
You could buy a Ford Fusion. Even your dog might fit in it. And it's a hatch too
.You've been there and done that with the GTX.You could try the Fusion.Its a fantastic driver's car as well.And the quality of the thing justifies its price to some extent.
Old 14th June 2007, 22:08   #17
BANNED

Guys , thanx for the inputs and I have a week or so to think about the first buy -- the options are :-

Innova -- My choice so far . G4 is what Im looking at , comfortable with the dual AC as Shadow too wud need cooling at the rear if he is to travel with us in the heat . Its nice and huge from inside and clips quiet a bit for those once in a while rips down the highway . I aint too keen on the ABS and Airbags , I know they are a safety feature but Id rather have the guy up there on my side .

Fusion - My Chacha has it .. some of you might remember the Sangla trip report last year and we did it in the Fusion . NO WAY -- its barely a year old and is rattling more than my 91 model van . And that also inspite of my uncle taking very good care of it . Also teh space inside is not as much as it seems , specially in the rear . And there is NO WAY Shadow is gonna fit in the boot of that vehicle .

Safari -- I agree its probably the best looking of them all but I somehow have never been able to convince myself that its worth a buy . Infact if Tata was still producing their Sierra , I would have bought that without thinking --- I still remember the way that machine drifts , OH LALA LA !! Whoever hasn't driven a Sierra has missed out on teh joy of driving a car sideways .

The rest in this category I'm not even looking at , unless someone gives it to me for free !!

Cheers

PS -- Nobody has said anything negative about the Innova so far ??? Is it really that trouble free .. what about mantaining it , service costs , ewtc etc
Old 14th June 2007, 22:14   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75 View Post
Nobody has said anything negative about the Innova so far ??? Is it really that trouble free .. what about mantaining it , service costs , ewtc etc
Being a Toyota, thats something everyone takes for granted!

Only one grouse i have heard is that the innova has a real good apetite for tyres.

Haven't owned one nor do any relatives have one, so not sure about service costs.
Old 14th June 2007, 22:33   #19
Team-BHP Support

service costs arent high.. make sure you get the extended warranty. the innova (im assuming its gonna be a diesel) is quite sensitive to bad fuel and starts smoking. i had that problem and they replaced some parts under warranty and now its just fine. dosent even smoke a but at the redline.
Old 14th June 2007, 22:35   #20
Senior - BHPian

Is that a golden that you have ? man, they love ACs, your first car is definitely an Innova with dual AC cos he/she really needs it very badly. My golden used to puke all over the place in my esteem whenever i took her on long rides. But she loved & enjoyed the bolero i had for a year. It had only one AC & it was quite good enough to cool everyone including the back benchers. You could close your eyes on that deal.
About the second car, i think you will be disappointed firstly with the looks of the new Palio 1.6, instead consider the U-Va , it is not that bad at all, in fact it is good or the getz. These are more modern cars than the new palio. (Palio supporters, please do not bring a war in here, these are just my opinions, take it with a pinch of salt if you must). Or like i always love to say, get the esteem.
Old 14th June 2007, 23:52   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey khaadu,
Look at the Palio Stile as your hatchback.
The Getz and UV-A and the like don't offer the same driver pleasure.
As for the BIG car, look at the Innova.
It is amazing. My cousins have one and I have sat in it quite a few times.
It makes a lot of sense. Avoid the V version as your dog won't fit in the rear seats. Get the G4 variant as it makes the most sense, specially if you have a dog.
Old 15th June 2007, 00:37   #22
Senior - BHPian

The innova is perfect, it doesn't feel too big in the city, only the engine can be a bit noisy although it is peppy for an MUV and good handling as well. Buy the G2 or G4.

For the hatch, the new GTX makes for a good buy. How about the fiesta 1.6?

Drifter
Old 15th June 2007, 01:21   #23
BANNED

Hey, seems it is the G4 then I guess ... and the second wud be between the Palio 1.6 and the gud ol esteem ( I just luv this vehicle ) !!

Tomorrow Im gonna get quotes for the Innova so lets see what prices come my way . Any idea what discounts are they offering on the G4 ??

Quote:
Is that a golden that you have
not a golden but a St.bernard !! Yu can view his pics in the pets thread in shifting gears .

Cheers
Old 15th June 2007, 02:01   #24
Senior - BHPian

Just buy a Safari. Why buy a van when you can get an SUV?!
Old 15th June 2007, 07:39   #25
Senior - BHPian

You have to think if the Innova, a minivan after all ...will suit your image.

If city driving is more important go for the Raid winner Scorpio with the new Eagle engine. Its much more at home in the city than the highway where the Safari rules. And how come noboday talks about the Tavera. Put some fat rubber on it and its now an SUV.

Who knows, you might want to take it on the Raid too someday.

Last edited by Mpower : 15th June 2007 at 07:43.
Old 15th June 2007, 21:47   #26
BANNED

CONFUSION ... I was all ready to go in for the Innova , but now changing my mind as I need to buy both the cars together so now I need 2 cars totalling 10 Lacs .. !! Innova will have to wait a few more months .. and its not that I forgotten about Shadows comfort , its just that I will not be travelling out of town for the next few months and even if I do , someone else will be here in Delhi so Shadow can stay right here at home .

Initially I had thought Id buy the Innova now and teh second a few months from now ... but I guess Ill have to buy both now and budget is a problem . I don't mind again going in for 2 hatches as long as one is a diesel .

So far Im contemplating between 1. Esteem & 2. Indica/ Indigo / swift Diesel !! esteem is more or less decided ( unless omething comes up at night - also this car I can use for my annual autocross event ) .

Is there anything out there that I may be missing ... wud luv to go in for the GTX as mentioned but wifey doesnt want 2 modded cars in the house - swifts allready been worked on , and a noiseless GTX is just no fun and thus thats almost out .

Sorry for bothering you guys ,,, but TRUST ME -- Im actually confused as its the head doing the calculations and not the heart :-( !!

Cum on guys ...

Cheers
Old 15th June 2007, 22:09   #27
Team-BHP Support

In diesel land Indigo Marina or Indigo XL is good enough for shadow.
Push the seats down and XL will have an entire playground.
But you are a GTX guy even an indica turbo can frustrate you, so take a test drive.
On the service and support front, diesel tata's are pretty trouble free.
Old 15th June 2007, 22:44   #28
Senior - BHPian

Indigo XL and Swift diesel - thoda budget idhar udhar hoga but its ok. But then again both are diesels and you already have a Swift (could be a potential problem)

Most Viewed