Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2007, 14:29   #1
BANNED

MAJOR CONFUSION .. help needed !!

Guys, As a lot of you are aware that I have 3 hatches in the house -- Swift '06 , Palio GTX '02 and the zen '03 !! Well the confusion is that I have almost sold my GTX and now Ive been told to sell the zen as well as its done close to 85000 kms and also as its gone out of production wudn't want to hold on to it till the resale drops to an all time low .

The zen still runs like a dream .. gives a phenomenal average but it still needs to go which brings me to my next question !!! I need to buy 2 cars and need to figure out which ones to buy ... One hatch and one diesel which is also BIG .

Im looking at the Innova for the diesel as that would also allow my BIG dog to travel with me without too much discomfort as hes grown pretty big and will still grow a bit bigger .

And in the hatch segment ... shud I go in for another GTX as I can't seem to get myself to buying the new zen , santro , wagon R , indica etc . Is there anything else that I can buy in the hatch segment ?? What I need a clarity on is the quality of the new GTX , is it as good as the old one ?? I believe the build quality is still pretty good but does it have any other niggling problems ??

In the Innova ... as I believe it has about 5-6 models , which one makes the most sense ?? I also thought about teh diesel verna ... but then that wud rule out Shadow travelling with me which I can't do so I guess it has to be the Innova .

So guys , who ever has bought the above cars recently ... pls give in your fed back and also the prices/discounts that you guys got . Another thing that confuses me is the EMI system .. need to sort that out as well .

Maybe I buy the Innova first and then a few montsh later the GTX ( or should i look at a used esteem ) !!

HELP GUYS ..........

Cheers
Old 14th June 2007, 14:39   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75 View Post
and one diesel which is also BIG .
How about a TATA Safari in that picture !!!
Old 14th June 2007, 14:40   #3
Team-BHP Support

Why did you sell the GTX?

Well. Since you have the Swift, i guess there are no other hatches out there worth looking at, except the Palio 1.6 (others are smaller, and 'bigger' competitors are too pricey for what they offer)

Considering a new 1.6 or a used GTX?

Also, dont go in for the base versions of the Innova, they are too bare bones for family use without PW/PS etc. Dont buy the E version.

I guess Innova G2 versions makes a good buy. And if you have the budget, go for the top of the line V spec.
Old 14th June 2007, 14:44   #4
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
How about a TATA Safari in that picture !!!
No safari for me ... its too much of an elephant within the city .

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR
Considering a new 1.6 or a used GTX?
thinking of a new one .. trying to call up teh agency and checking how much is it for these days ? Also if they have it in yellow color ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR
I guess Innova G2 versions makes a good buy. And if you have the budget, go for the top of the line V spec.
Im looking at the G4 model !!!

Cheers
Old 14th June 2007, 14:56   #5
BHPian

You could buy a Ford Fusion. Even your dog might fit in it. And it's a hatch too
Old 14th June 2007, 15:04   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
What I need a clarity on is the quality of the new GTX , is it as good as the old one ??
Slightly yes. The new one I dont mean the Stile but the 1.6 Sport seen in my gallery is very slightly less better built than the GTX! IF possible do not sell the GTX.

Quote:
I believe the build quality is still pretty good but does it have any other niggling problems ??
I haven't had any niggling problems but since you are looking at the new look Palio Stile I cannot comment much since I did not drive it for more than 25 kms!
Old 14th June 2007, 15:05   #7
Senior - BHPian

Since Safari is ruled out I suggest Innova or Adventure, If you have many cars you might feel happy to own Adventure than Innova, because I feel you can make big dog happy in Adventure too.

If you need more luxury feeling variant and safety features like ABS/AIR BAG go for V spec Innova thats only the variant coming with these features.

If you don't need wooden panel, ABS/AIR BAG alloys etc.. then go with G4 which has DUAL AC.

If last seat of Innova not used at all and middle seat not so important then you don't need DUAL AC. In that case you can buy G1 or if still exists limited edition of Innova.

Top end Innova is moving mroe than G grades. If you bargain hard you can get around 50K discount + free accessories I feel.

According to me If its like more city use then Adventure makes lot of sense than Innova.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 14th June 2007, 15:12   #8
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
Since Safari is ruled out I suggest Innova or Adventure, If you have many cars you might feel happy to own Adventure than Innova, because I feel you can make big dog happy in Adventure too.
AFAIK, Adventure rear legroom is similar to that of mid size cars. I am sure Khaadu will not enjoy putting shadow in the dicky. He will be happy where the AC cooling is effective. Putting dogs in boot area is extremely cruel in this weather.

Khaadu, Innova is a great option. As for variants depends on what you need. For example if you need just Power windows/AC/PS, you can go for a lower variant, if you want all bells and whistles go for top end.
Also keep in mind Innova is as elephantish as the safari, though it is much smoother and refined as compared to safari and handles much better.

On your second hatch, since you like GTX, you can buy that again. I see no reason that the new GTX would not be as good as the old one. If anything, with Tata A.S.S. things are only improving and not deteriorating.
Old 14th June 2007, 15:14   #9
Senior - BHPian

khaadu

The G4 model with dual AC is perfect for you and Shadow. Very car like to drive very comfortable and its diesel and a Toyota at that.

For your hatch you already have the Swift so thats out. What do you think of the Getz. It has more space in rear than the Swift. Of course if your heart still rules over the head a 1.6 Stile will just do nicely
Old 14th June 2007, 15:18   #10
Senior - BHPian

i guess you have already made the right choices. There is no competition for innova as no other car can give you that kind of usable space. I guess the limited edition innova was worth the price. Not sure if its still available.

And for a hatch. The Palio Stile 1.6 should be good enough. But dont compare it with the GTX which was in a league of its own. You cant expenct the same quality level now. But for that price and considering competition its the best choice you have.

The ford fusion could be a choice if you dont want to go for the innova. In such case it would be worth waitingfor the diesel version that should be out pretty soon.

Instead of the fusion you could also go for the Adventure if your priority is "comfort". But personally, Dont buy the Adventure. If at all you do dont buy the F.Red one. I dont want any Competition.
Old 14th June 2007, 15:18   #11
BHPian

there some good deals on the tavera, if you want a big ride..but innova g4 is also a great choice.
Old 14th June 2007, 15:24   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Also keep in mind Innova is as elephantish as the safari, though it is much smoother and refined as compared to safari and handles much better.
I was about to quote that...
Old 14th June 2007, 15:26   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I need to buy 2 cars and need to figure out which ones to buy ... One hatch and one diesel which is also BIG .
I think we missed out hearing which lottery you won recently ......just kidding, good to see that you are making a clean sweep (almost)!
Quote:
No safari for me ... its too much of an elephant within the city .
It isn't, trust me ......and I think it would not only go with your image but would keep your dog comfortable as well - no overcrowding, no cramping. And given your schedules, what 100 meters dash are you likely to be doing anyway that you'll find it cumbersome driving the Safari?
Old 14th June 2007, 15:45   #14
Senior - BHPian

Close your eyes and go for the G4 Innova, it is really really good, the V is also good but there is a difference of more than 1L I think

Other car which is a hatch, I can suggest a Santro Xing because you already have a Swift, else you can wait for another 2 months and look at the Getz CRDi. Cheers
Old 14th June 2007, 16:02   #15
Team-BHP Support

...and also considering that the Farmers like to do it in the dirt a 4x4 Safari could really make your day (night?!)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks