Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2007, 15:41   #31
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Exactly, i've been trying to convince my uncle not to go for the 1.4. The 1.6 gives back almost the same FE figures. But he is almost at the verge of bying the 1.4 as he says he does not have another option at around the 6L mark. He is getting around 30K offer on the Fiesta 1.4 ZXi. And this price is making it look really attractive to him. I am still in pursuit to make him change his mind.
You know what?

The ford guys are really good at that!

My friend's father went there to book a fiesta TDCi, and these ford guys made him 'convinced' that he needs 1.4 petrol only, and now they repent that!
Old 13th February 2008, 22:13   #32

Hello, If you want to go with Fiesta 1.4. Take a step back and think about Fiesta 1.6 engine , additional cost worth buying the raw power which can be felt in 1.6 engine. Especilally if you are on highway with 3 + 2, it just zips effortlessly and you could get a decent mileage too in city as well.

KCS Balaji.
Old 14th February 2008, 12:41   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcsbalaji View Post
Hello, If you want to go with Fiesta 1.4. Take a step back and think about Fiesta 1.6 engine , additional cost worth buying the raw power which can be felt in 1.6 engine. Especilally if you are on highway with 3 + 2, it just zips effortlessly and you could get a decent mileage too in city as well.
KCS Balaji.
I strongly second this suggestion. In winter months, my city mileage was between 11.5 to 12.7--almost similar to my WagonR. My highway trip to Mumbai in Dec returned 16.5 , which is also what I get from my WagonR.
You get better zipping power in a 1.6--even more than an sx4.

You get bad rear visiblity in the sx4, and even the front view is limited by the thick A pillar. Plastics inside the sx4 don't look great, and the mileage is not as good as a Fiesta 1.6. Only plus points of an sx4 are integrated steering audio controls and better GC. However the audio quality in the sx4 is lousy in comparision.

Most Viewed