Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2007, 17:21   #16
Senior - BHPian

oh! i didnt mean to bring in a racial or national discrimination here.

mishra, PLEASE do try the verna too. please dont charge me guilty for discriminating countries.
Old 29th June 2007, 17:27   #17
BHPian

Guys chill !!

this is going OT. We must appreciate each others opinion and should not indulge into arguments. Just my two cents ..
Old 29th June 2007, 18:57   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
PS: Do you know that we Indian's (3rd world country/developing country etc) are right up there with the rest of the world occupying high profile jobs across the globe? Imagine, you being denied such a chance just because of your geographical location? Same holds good here too.
Very valid point. There is nothing wrong with Hyundai vehicles. They are very competitive and deserve equal oppertunity. Let the best win buyer's heart.
Old 29th June 2007, 19:33   #19
Team-BHP Support

I'd say the SX4 is a better car than the NHC, at the price.

However, if he wants an 'H' upfront, buy the City!
Old 30th June 2007, 02:39   #20
BHPian

Well honestly honda is a better engine and to some extent interior material also ,now average or mileage is a matter of choice if only mileage is an aspect then why not go for alto or even alto with CNG which i guess will run 26 - 30 KMs in 20 rs ,(Its not for you HMISHRA83 but some mileage crazy guys who expect a V6 bmw delivring 14 kmls a litre )but for a overall car i think SX4 is a better buy
Honda is a stripped down car ,features just went missing some where as the car reached from thailand to india , and its expensive too ,now honda is forced to come up with some add ons ,which agian show apathy with which these people treat a indian car buyer , i think go for sx4 city is just a small car with boot NHC (jazz) and thats why it gives the average of a small car
Old 30th June 2007, 11:42   #21
BHPian

Mishraji.....In my opinion, the key factor that tilts the scale in NHCs favour is its steering and turning circle. These two are important requisites in a car being predominantly used for city commuting. Your father will surely enjoy driving the NHC in the city what with its turning circle of 4.9 m and extremely light steering. The safety features available in the SX4 are no doubt a bonus but would they make too much of a difference in the city where traffic normally crawls? And currently, if your are going to take finance, in all probability the NHC will work out cheaper than the SX4. I have also heard that there are decent cash discounts on the NHC. You will avoid the waiting too. FE is better than the SX4 by 2kmpl in the least. I would'nt worry about A.S.S. if I were you as Honda cars are as reliable as Maruti cars if not more reliable and besides Honda Siel is in your backyard (like Maruti) should you face problems with A.S.S.. Finally, today, no car brand in India (outside the "snob value" segments can beat a Honda for snob value.
One of my neighbhours who is around the same age as your dad, upgraded from the Zen to the NHC GXi on my advice. He's so enamoured with the car that he gave me a gift for the advice I gave him.
Go ahead and pick up the NHC ZX GXi.
Old 30th June 2007, 11:47   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd de Souza View Post
.....Go ahead and pick up the NHC ZX GXi.
... and give Floyd a gift. *nudge nudge, wink wink*

I think Floyd has put it quite succinctly. For primarily city driving, the CITY it is.
Old 2nd July 2007, 12:49   #23
BHPian

Thanks for the gr8 advice guys. All of you have helped me a lot here.

I visited DD Motors (Mayapuri, New Delhi) yesterday, to take a test drive of the SX4. They had the TD car as the same model (ZXi) and color (Metallic Red). I liked the car along with all the bells and whistles. The guys is telling me that there is a 2 month waiting period for this model and I am kinda fine with it (had set expectations accordingly). A key points to note -
1. The plastics used inside the car are not very good.
2. The boot is very high and I think Id have to get those reverse sensors installed for my father. I do use the ORVMs while going back, but he doesn't.
3. The seats are nice and the fabric/upholstery is good too.
4. I love what they have done to the dashboard (Music System and Climate Control A.C.). Also the controls on the steering are nice and easy to use. I'd have preferred them to be on the right side though.
5. Overall, I like the car and am in the process of looking for the best deal (in terms of money). The new design, features, safety, etc. make the car look BETTER that what it already is.
6. Anyone heard of any good deals/discounts/freebies with the SX4 ZXi? I doubt if there are good offers around.

However, I do plan to look around for the City too. Also, thanks guys from looking at this from a financial perspective too. The money is a major decisive factor!

Also, let me throw another fish in the pool - How's the Fiesta Diesel and whats the cost (purchase and ownership) like?
Old 2nd July 2007, 15:44   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmishra83 View Post
How's the Fiesta Diesel and whats the cost (purchase and ownership) like?
Its a good diesel to drive in city and its base model is priced almost near to NHC Exi. If your monthly run is expected to be on higher side then it can be a good option.
Old 2nd July 2007, 17:01   #25
BHPian

How about A.S.S. of the Fiesta in Delhi and do the spare parts cost a bomb? I know Maruti would be scoring some brownie points here, but again each car has its pros and cons.
I am trying to seek help from you guys to get the pros and cons of the cars under the lens.
Old 2nd July 2007, 17:05   #26
BHPian

I may not be the right person to comment on cost of spares of SX4 but I have heard spares of NHC,Swift i.e newer cars aren't that cheap. A.S.S of ford in NCR should be acceptable.
Old 2nd July 2007, 17:21   #27
Team-BHP Support

hmishra83, regarding Ford A.S.S. in the NCR region, Suman should be able to help you out. PM him. He owns a 1.6 Fiesta.
Old 2nd July 2007, 17:30   #28
BHPian

One of my colleagues (sitting next to me) saw me busy on this thread and he told me - 'Why dont you look into the Aveo?'

My God - As if there was a dearth of options!

Guys, hows it as a car? 1.4 vs. 1.6
I am scared w.r.t. the A.S.S. and the cost of spares - a good friend owns a Corsa and he loves everything about the car excep the cost of spares and service.
Old 2nd July 2007, 17:37   #29
Senior - BHPian

So u want to by the NHC for its snob value?

Just look up the Dictionary.com for snob and snob value.. and then decide:

snob value
Definition: the value of owning something that is very expensive or rare, for the supposed status one gains by owning it

snob:
1. a person who imitates, cultivates, or slavishly admires social superiors and is condescending or overbearing to others.
2. a person who believes himself or herself an expert or connoisseur in a given field and is condescending toward or disdainful of those who hold other opinions or have different tastes regarding this field: a musical snob
Old 2nd July 2007, 17:45   #30
BHPian

hi hmishra83 talk to suman regarding a.s.s of ford i think till date he is quite happy with it and if you are planning to get a 1.6 then do check out the ford you will really like it if you like driving

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks