Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2007, 16:28   #1
BHPian

used Accent (petrol) or used Baleno (budget 3 lacs)

Any suggestions? I want FE, maintenance on priority
Old 29th June 2007, 16:28   #2
Senior - BHPian

Baleno Baleno all the way .
Old 29th June 2007, 16:43   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopz View Post
Any suggestions? I want FE, maintenance on priority
Without a doubt, go for the Baleno.
It way ahead in terms of performance and fuel efficiency.
Old 29th June 2007, 17:14   #4
Team-BHP Support

baleno. u wont regret it.
Old 29th June 2007, 17:34   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
baleno. u wont regret it.
Well, I heard that Baleno is very very expensive to maintain, spares are imported and cost a lot. Is that true? Since I am buying a used car, I better be aware of spares cost before I invest in a car!

And I dont like the looks of Baleno :( However I think this is the best in 3lac budget isnt it? I dont want Esteem/ Ikon. Any other Sedans worth looking at (used)?

I somehow like Accent because build quality is better & resale value is less so i can bargain a good deal. But if BHPians can convince me about Baleno's then i dont mind the looks. Help! I am confuseddddd!!!
Old 29th June 2007, 17:40   #6
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Well, I heard that Baleno is very very expensive to maintain, spares are imported and cost a lot. Is that true? Since I am buying a used car, I better be aware of spares cost before I invest in a car!
Only the headlamps and tail lamps of Euro III are expensive. However what is expensive in the whole car is the AC condensor assembly @ 20k. Rest everything is on par with the cars in its class if not cheaper. Since you are buying a 2nd hand car, things like suspension, brakes, clutch etc are pretty cheap.

Quote:
And I dont like the looks of Baleno :( However I think this is the best in 3lac budget isnt it? I dont want Esteem/ Ikon. Any other Sedans worth looking at (used)?
Then I suggest you stick to the accent. There is no point in buying a car that you don't like.

Quote:
But if BHPians can convince me about Baleno's then i dont mind the looks. Help! I am confuseddddd!!!
At the end of the day, its you who will live with the car. Not us BHPians. So stick to what you like best.
Old 29th June 2007, 17:45   #7
BHPian

Well its not that i hate the looks but the rear is somwhat not to my tastes...but I want to know whats the FE of Baleno (city & highway) and also want to know what all I need to check when i look for a used car (not general tips, but what I need is specific to Baleno - if there are any checks to be done)

And any short comparison between Accent and Baleno (or a link to a thread) will be of great help!
Old 29th June 2007, 17:47   #8
BHPian

You are on TBHP and I don't think anyone will reco other than Baleno .. and you know what ... TBhpians are right !
Old 29th June 2007, 17:48   #9
BHPian

Also, I like the Baleno Altura better than the regular one...is there any difference in the engine or suspension or gearbox of an Altura compared to a standard Baleno?

ANother question- Baleno's power steering - is it hydraulic or electronic? I prefer electronic ps because its helpful on highways.
Old 29th June 2007, 17:50   #10
Senior - BHPian

No point buying a car whose looks you dont like. I mean, you are going to live with it on a daily basis. Go for Accent in that case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopz
I somehow like Accent because build quality is better & resale value is less
You are right about the Accent resale value. But build quality ? Hmm, thats a new one. That's supposed to be the prerogative of only Fiat cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopz
But if BHPians can convince me about Baleno's then i dont mind the looks.
If you think you are the type that can be convinced to change your opinion, search for Baleno and you will get all the reasons you need to get convinced. But again, buy a car that you like - not because someone convinced you.
Old 29th June 2007, 17:50   #11
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Well its not that i hate the looks but the rear is somwhat not to my tastes...but I want to know whats the FE of Baleno (city & highway) and also want to know what all I need to check when i look for a used car (not general tips, but what I need is specific to Baleno - if there are any checks to be done)
Honestly, you can call me mad. But I love the rear of the Baleno from certain angles. I wish I could capture a pic of what my eyes see. But, I can't.

FE of the baleno without AC should range between 12-14kmpl with sedate driving and about 12 with AC. On the highways expect a FE of over 15 under 120kmph.

Well, nothing particular in baleno to check. But check the status of the suspension, tires, brake pads, clutch, status of windscreen, accident damages. This holds good while purchase of any second hand cars.

Quote:
Also, I like the Baleno Altura better than the regular one...is there any difference in the engine or suspension or gearbox of an Altura compared to a standard Baleno?
Suspension is much stiffer on the Altura. Engine and gearbox remain the same.

Quote:
ANother question- Baleno's power steering - is it hydraulic or electronic? I prefer electronic ps because its helpful on highways.
Its hydraulic. And its far better than most other cars with PS. Infact, I am thankful that there is no PS on the baleno.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 29th June 2007 at 17:53.
Old 29th June 2007, 17:56   #12
BHPian

hey guys thanks for all the quick responses...!

I think I will consider Baleno...any idea on which model I should look for? I dont know much abt the versions or variants so suggest me a good model (for eg. Esteem MPFI is better than the older engines..things like that for Baleno models/ variants)
Old 29th June 2007, 17:57   #13
BHPian

Out of these 2 Baleno will serve you longer and perhaps maintenance free relatively.
Old 29th June 2007, 18:14   #14
BHPian

McLaren1885, your posts are very helpful, let me know if there are any long term reviews of Baleno.
Old 29th June 2007, 18:26   #15
Senior - BHPian

gopz search here : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reports/ and you will find quite a few long term ownership reports.

edit :
Quote:
I think I will consider Baleno...any idea on which model I should look for? I dont know much abt the versions or variants so suggest me a good model
Only LXI and VXI.

Last edited by rjstyles69 : 29th June 2007 at 18:29.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks