Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2022, 22:53   #31
BHPian

Re: 25-35 lakh budget for a sedan! New or pre-owned?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Edited your post a little for an easier reply:

2. Right now a 2020 G20 330i is going for around 42-45L. Maybe if you can wait a year the same could be had for 37--40 especially with the LCI around the corner. Check DL / CH markets for better prices since you plan to re-register it in RJ anyways.

3. legroom is immense though rear seats aren't as comfortable (no recline, and you have to bend in to get in).
Thanks a ton for answering all my queries. Understood quite a lot of stuff now.
And regarding registration, no I am not going to get it re-registered in Rajasthan or it ’ll not make sense financially. We have lots of cars here on our roads which are registered either in Gujarat or Delhi since these states share the border with us.
What do you mean by rear seats not being as comfortable? Many people buy Superb l&k just for the back seat isn’t it ?
My dad isn’t a fan of ingress and egress of our 3rd gen Honda City anyways .I hope Superb will not be as bad as my current car when it comes to the same.

I appreciate the advice and suggestions from all the car experts and enthusiasts that I am getting on this amazing forum. Thank you everyone. Really appreciate it a lot.
Old 1st December 2022, 00:17   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipinS View Post
What do you mean by rear seats not being as comfortable? Many people buy Superb l&k just for the back seat isn’t it ?
My dad isn’t a fan of ingress and egress of our 3rd gen Honda City anyways .I hope Superb will not be as bad as my current car when it comes to the same.
By rear seats not being as comfortable, I mean I personally found them to be a little upright for my liking though it's not a deal breaker. The kodiaq on the other hand has a decent amount of recline available on the middle row, but superb feels more spacious overall.

Superb wouldn't be as bad as the 3rd Gen City but nothing a test drive wouldn't clear out.
lamborghini is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st December 2022, 13:46   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Is it always recommended to take the car to the respected dealership and get it checked throughly? What if the dealer is a good friend of the used car dealer and hide any faults from us? How much do they charge for this service ?

Also is Kodiaq an overall better car than superb? Has anybody driven both and can compare the two?

Can someone tell me how bad the AC of the car is? Does it has to do with the dielsel/petrol car or skoda generally have a poor AC ?
Yes, a thorough check by experts is compulsory if you don't want to be sorry later. These Germans aren't as reliable as Japanese cars.
If the dealer is a good friend, then get it checked by a good garage that you trust.
Sevice centers charge only 10k rupees or so.

A Kodiaq is similar to the Superb. Just higher.

VAG ACs are poor in general. Although they perform a bit better in higher segment cars like the Superb. It's only on 45 degree days that you might find it insufficient.
evil_grin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2022, 17:18   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Just like everyone else here I have always dreamt of owning a BMW 3 series since I was a teenager.
I bought a new 330i M sport 3 weeks ago and apart from the 0 to 100 pickup it just feels like a regular car. I don't know if its the way I drive or what but I cannot distinguish between a BMW and a petrol swift if I was just driving it with my eyes closed.
Old 2nd December 2022, 01:06   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
By rear seats not being as comfortable, I mean I personally found them to be a little upright for my liking though it's not a deal breaker.
Superb wouldn't be as bad as the 3rd Gen City but nothing a test drive wouldn't clear out.
I visited the skoda showroom today and had a good feel of the display vehicle. It was a white l&k with cognac interiors. Pictures and videos don’t do justice to the looks and quality of the car. It felt like it’s built to last. It was huge and I got a little anxious since I am used to a city. Overall me and wifey were quite impressed with the car even though the test drive wasn’t available.
Regarding the ingress and egress , it was marginally better than my honda city but isn’t as easy as in a SUV. The reclining angle wasn’t an issue for me but I expected a little more under thigh support. I am 5’10 and I could definitely use some more seat width at the back.The rear leg space was in acres and I could fully stretch my legs. The front seats were as comfortable as it could get and it was a great place to be in. No complaints here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_grin View Post
Yes, a thorough check by experts is compulsory if you don't want to be sorry later.
Sevice centers charge only 10k rupees or so.
A Kodiaq is similar to the Superb. Just higher.
Yes, in case I decide to go for a used superb I will definitely get it checked from an official skoda dealer. I read it somewhere the charges to be 3500/- around. I wouldn’t even mind paying 10k if it saves me from buying a faulty car though chances are very slim since it’s just one year old car in company warranty.

Kodiaq is completely out of equation since there is a huge waiting and almost negligible discounts. Also I have always been a sedan guy and I am a huge fan of Superb’s road presence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by techbro View Post
I bought a new 330i M sport 3 weeks ago and apart from the 0 to 100 pickup it just feels like a regular car. I don't know if its the way I drive or what but I cannot distinguish between a BMW and a petrol swift if I was just driving it with my eyes closed.
WHAT!!
It’s a dream car of thousands of members here including me!! May I know what made you compare g20 330i with a petrol swift? Literally no comparison at all whatsoever. Would you please explain?

Last edited by vipinS : 2nd December 2022 at 01:10.
vipinS is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2022, 12:53   #36
BHPian

UPDATE-
The used car dealer is now asking 29 lakh for the same car (sportline 2021- 26k km driven ) which was earlier offered for 28 lakh plus transfers.
I straight away refused since my last offer was 27 lakh and now looking for other alternatives. I have my heart set on the superb and now looking for best deals on a new one or a used one with great deal.
Thank you everyone for your replies and help.
vipinS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2022, 20:26   #37
BHPian

Quote:
WHAT!!
It’s a dream car of thousands of members here including me!! May I know what made you compare g20 330i with a petrol swift? Literally no comparison at all whatsoever. Would you please explain?
It feels like I'm driving any other car. There is nothing special about the car in day-to-day city driving and occasional short highway drives.

I dont know how to get something more out of this car apart from the 0 to 100 launches when flooring it. Can you tell me how should I drive it so I feel this is something different from a petrol swift?
Old 3rd December 2022, 01:27   #38
BHPian

Quote:
It feels like I'm driving any other car. There is nothing special about the car in day-to-day city driving and occasional short highway drives.

I dont know how to get something more out of this car apart from the 0 to 100 launches when flooring it. Can you tell me how should I drive it so I feel this is something different from a petrol swift?
You are really asking me about the difference in drive between a swift and a bmw 330i m sport ?
Please tell me what’s similar in both the cars ?
vipinS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2022, 22:04   #39
BHPian

Quote:
You are really asking me about the difference in drive between a swift and a bmw 330i m sport ?
Please tell me what’s similar in both the cars ?
If you don't see the interiors while driving, it just feels like the same car. There is literally no difference that you can objectively feel. I've driven 500 Km in the new 330i M till now and I can't tell any difference. It makes no sense to me.
Old 5th December 2022, 00:05   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If you don't see the interiors while driving, it just feels like the same car. There is literally no difference that you can objectively feel. I've driven 500 Km in the new 330i M till now and I can't tell any difference. It makes no sense to me.
That means you are just not driving fast enough

But I feel you, my experience with the 320LD was also a massive disappointment when it came to driving dynamics. Here was THE car that everyone referred to when talking about sporty cars and it just felt like I was driving a hyundai. Zero feel. I thought it was because it was the diesel and extended wheelbase version but apparently not. The features, interior, exterior are all great but I just didn't feel anything special from the engine, suspension or gearbox. Maybe it was just because I went in with very high expectations?

For comparison, the X1 20d felt better to drive despite being a FWD and almost outdated. Even the GLA and the C class 220d (2019 and 2022) felt better and more engaging to drive.
Old 5th December 2022, 00:19   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
That means you are just not driving fast enough

But I feel you, my experience with the 320LD was also a massive disappointment when it came to driving dynamics. Here was THE car that everyone referred to when talking about sporty cars and it just felt like I was driving a hyundai. Zero feel. I thought it was because it was the diesel and extended wheelbase version but apparently not. The features, interior, exterior are all great but I just didn't feel anything special from the engine, suspension or gearbox. Maybe it was just because I went in with very high expectations?

For comparison, the X1 20d felt better to drive despite being a FWD and almost outdated. Even the GLA and the C class 220d (2019 and 2022) felt better and more engaging to drive.
Same here. I guess my expectations were also set very high with the exaggerated and fluffy reviews on this forum and Youtube. For thousands of people going ga-ga over the 330i M and aspiring to have one, just make sure you have realistic expectations before buying it. It just feels like a regular Hyundai, or Suzuki when you drive it day to day. The occasional 0 to 100 sprint is a different experience but 99% of the time in the city, on the highways, and on curvy roads, it's no different than the regular cars. Oh, but the new C Class 220D is worse than Hyundai in the way it drives.

Also, it's a testament to how good regular cars have come. They can stand toe to toe with a car that costs 5X much and comes from companies that have been manufacturing cars for the last 100 years.

Last edited by techbro : 5th December 2022 at 00:20.
Old 5th December 2022, 23:23   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Oh, but the new C Class 220D is worse than Hyundai in the way it drives.

Also, it's a testament to how good regular cars have come. They can stand toe to toe with a car that costs 5X much and comes from companies that have been manufacturing cars for the last 100 years.

Is it? My main problem with the 320LD was that it didn't really make much difference whether I was giving it 20% gas or 90% gas other than the RPM going up and it making noise. Meanwhile the new C220 was very responsive to the pedal input, though that's possibly due to it's mild hybrid diesel system. It was also much more comfortable over very bad roads while still taking all sorts of sharp turns very well. However it's suspension let it down over speedbreakers, bottoming out on every one of them despite me taking care to go as slow as possible which put to rest my plans of ever buying one. I do not wish to crawl sideways over every speedbreaker nor do I want my car to be totalled if I ever see one too late at night. The W205 C class surprisingly did not have this problem nor did the 320LD.

The old X1 felt more comfortable and powerful than the 320LD despite it technically being both inferior and outdated surprisingly.

Yeah I agree, I think most companies have come a long way in the handling department. Or they have started watering down luxury cars to cram more features / safety tech into them.
Cresterk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2022, 00:55   #43
BHPian

UPDATE-
Finally booked a New Superb l&k in white colour with tan coloured interiors at a great year ending discount. Absolutely my favourite colour choice for interior and feels really premium and luxurious. Blue was my choice of colour for exterior but I am more than just happy after looking at the white Superb in real life with all those blacked out touches like sunroof, grill, b pillar, etc. It looks amazing and this is one of few cars which looks great in white colour. Truly majestic. With the family’s wish of not going the used car route and dad’s YES for the extended budget it was a no brainer to book the top of the line L&K. I will be taking the delivery in a day or two. Thank you everyone for all the help and advice in solving my dilemma and answering all my queries. Special thanks to our fellow member penpavan for all the support, help and the motivation to go for it.
I will keep you all posted with delivery pictures and my initial experience with the car. I still can’t belive I am going to own my dream luxury car at the age of 30 as the fruit of all the hard work I have done in last 10 years. Couldn’t be more happier and excited.

Last edited by vipinS : 13th December 2022 at 00:59.
vipinS is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st January 2023, 18:35   #44
BHPian

I think an update on this thread is necessary that I was in the same situation as Vipin. We got in touch with each other and what a turning point that was. We both almost booked the same variant/color in Superb but wasn't to be. Vipin convinced me that I should be looking at Audi and here I am, with a white A4 Technology! Thanks Vipin!

Quote:
UPDATE-
Finally booked a New Superb l&k in white colour with tan coloured interiors at a great year ending discount. Absolutely my favourite colour choice for interior and feels really premium and luxurious. Blue was my choice of colour for exterior but I am more than just happy after looking at the white Superb in real life with all those blacked out touches like sunroof, grill, b pillar, etc. It looks amazing and this is one of few cars which looks great in white colour. Truly majestic. With the family’s wish of not going the used car route and dad’s YES for the extended budget it was a no brainer to book the top of the line L&K. I will be taking the delivery in a day or two. Thank you everyone for all the help and advice in solving my dilemma and answering all my queries. Special thanks to our fellow member penpavan for all the support, help and the motivation to go for it.
I will keep you all posted with delivery pictures and my initial experience with the car. I still can’t belive I am going to own my dream luxury car at the age of 30 as the fruit of all the hard work I have done in last 10 years. Couldn’t be more happier and excited.
penpavan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks