Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2022, 22:52   #16

Re: 25-35 lakh budget for a sedan! New or pre-owned?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipinS View Post
Been searching for slightly used a4 and 3series online, I came across few 2021 Skoda Superb.
Always loved the looks of superb sport line in steel grey and wished that they had all the cool features of L&K in the same. If I were buying it new I would most probably go for L&K because of key features like driving modes , 360 camera , Canton speaker system, ventilated seats etc. But if it is a used I am going for I am open to both the variants.
Recently came across a Gujarat registered Skoda Superb Sportline in my favourite steel grey colour. It’s a 2021 model first owner 26k km driven car which is parked at a dealer since 4 months as the asking price earlier was around 31 Lakh. The car is in great condition. For reference new car with Gujarat registration can be had as of today for 35-36 lakh on-road after some negotiation. Same variant was offered to me at 33-34lakh on-road a year back makes me realise what a bad time it is to buy a new car.
Now the dealer offered me the car for 28 lakh plus TCS and transfer of ownership charges (20-25k) in addition. I offered him 26 lakh plus the additional charges but the dealer denied saying it’s below my purchase price.
Seriously, if you're getting a new Superb Sportline at 35-36L on-road, I'd say go for it. One of the most premium looking car and would be loved by both the driver and the executive in you!

I say that because, even when it was a 1.8 TSI with a little less performance & premium appeal than the current models, it felt heavenly and had a spirited response (lesser than the Octy though).

Quote:
Financially it makes sense to get a used one since this generation is at the end of it’s life. Also I am comfortable with spending below 30 lakhs on a depreciating asset like car and not stretching to 35-40 lakhs.
Now I need advice from all the fellow members and Superb owners on the following-
1. Is superb still worth buying since we ll be seeing a new one in 2023? I won’t be selling for at least 5 years .Any other car that I should look for?
2. Does superb has enough ground clearance and can be used as a primary solo car in tier 3 city of Rajasthan. My honda city scrapped a hundred times but never created any major issue. We do have a Skoda showroom in my town.
3. What should be the fair price for the car if I find everything to be ok after I visit the dealer and take a test drive? Anything that I need to be aware of while buying a pre owned car within company warranty?
4. I have always been a sedan guy and mostly I ll be driving it. Sometimes wife and my mother will drive it too. Use case will be 50-50 for highway and city. Should I wait and increase my budget to buy a new Kodiaq or a used a4/3 series top trim? Or any other options that I should look for? I am open to both new and pre worshipped car. Also not in any hurry to buy a car right now.
Okay, financially you're looking at ways to minimise the spend and stay within say 30-35L then in that case anything beyond 40L wouldn't make sense if you ask me. A Kodiaq/Tiguan would enter that budget range, their only advantages are safer GC, mainstream big beauty charm with a sacrifice in driving experience.

Now, considering reliability I'd stay away from used Audi and except those four rings you basically get the same in Octavia/Superb/Tiguan/Kodiaq (sorry Audi )

But, if you're very keen in buying a Big three sedan/suv go for a used Merc or a BMW. It might be tempting to splurge more when you're in that territory, but see if you can afford the asking price and further maintenance down the line since you want to keep the financial part in control.

You'd have an advantage buying a new Superb/Octy as they will have the latest 2.0 engine, the lines, the proportions and would attract a better resale. I can't talk about the GC issue you might face in Rajasthan, I have never taken any roads there. Maybe, get hold of the customers who own one from your Skoda dealer, you can get a sense of ownership experience with that dealer and a good deal of information about driving in those roads. You've got some homework to do here!
ruhtam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2022, 23:02   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
The Tucson being a CKD shouldn't have compromised safety unlike the other made in India Hyundai's / Kia's .
Similarly, the Tiguan is definitely a little over-priced with poor ride - but if you think of it as a 5 seater Kodiaq Sportline (which is effectively what it is), the pricing maybe more justifiable.

Regarding the 2021 Superb : I found it on Carwale Mumbai with an asking of 33-34L which I am sure can be negotiated closer to 30.
There are even a couple G20 3 series : 30i & 20D but those will be 40+
Tucson still lack the 5 star safety rating. It scored 0 stars with 2 airbags variant and 3 stars with 6 airbag one in the latin NCAP rating test. Also it’s petrol engine lacks the power and punch .
Today I call few VW showrooms in Rajasthan and none of them has any information on availability of a Tiguan. There are absolutely no test drive cars and display cars. I am afraid sourcing any parts in future would be task and also the new one costs 37-39 lakh on-road with zero discounts. So Tiguan is out too.
Yes I am open to slightly used cars from Gujarat and Delhi since they share borders with Rajasthan. Can also look for used ones from Maharashtra too if I get a great deal.
I did contact the dealer in Mumbai and they said least they can go for is 30-31 Lakh but weren’t sure of how they would transfer it to someone from other state. But then again it gets me to the grey sportline variant at 27-28 lakh. Love the exteriors of sportline and also will miss a few features of L&K but saving around 3 lakhs for the same. The Gujarat dealership sounded like they knew their work better on transfers and are very prompt with any questions I had. [/quote]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruhtam View Post
Seriously, if you're getting a new Superb Sportline at 35-36L on-road, I'd say go for it. One of the most premium looking car and would be loved by both the driver and the executive in you!

But, if you're very keen in buying a Big three sedan/suv go for a used Merc or a BMW. It might be tempting to splurge more when you're in that territory, but see if you can afford the asking price and further maintenance down the line since you want to keep the financial part in control.

You'd have an advantage buying a new Superb/Octy as they will have the latest 2.0 engine, the lines, the proportions and would attract a better resale. I can't talk about the GC issue you might face in Rajasthan, I have never taken any roads there. Maybe, get hold of the customers who own one from your Skoda dealer, you can get a sense of ownership experience with that dealer and a good deal of information about driving in those roads. You've got some homework to do here!
Yes I am pretty sure I can get a Superb sportline for less than 36 lakh on-road if I register it in Gujarat. But then the thought that it would soon be discontinue which makes me think twice on spending full for a new one. The dilemma is - Is it better to get a slightly used one at less than 28 lakh including transfers??
Among the Big 3 the car I absolutely dream about is the 3 series but even the used ones are selling for 45 lakhs or even more. The old gen C class doesn’t look appealing in front of the New gen and also the petrol engine of either gen is nothing to talk about. I would have settled for an used Audi a4 2021 with 20k on odo if I had a budget of around 40 lakhs. Also my parents don’t want us to get the attention that comes with the big 3 since we live in a tier 3 city and also little apprehensive of the service bills and maintenance. But they always support me with my decision so they have left the decision on me solely. For instance at the age of 19 they let me bought a Honda city from another city that too just on a call. I never even visited the showroom and test drove the car and finalised it by just reading Tbhp review. I am till date greatful to the forum for recommending such a wonderful car.
Yes we have a few 2021-2022 Superb in my town and I can get in touch with them. My 2011 Honda city gen3 scrapes a lot where I live but never suffered from any issue or major problem for me.
The question still remains if it worth getting a slightly used one for 7 lakh less?

Last edited by vipinS : 28th November 2022 at 23:09.
vipinS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 12:13   #18
BHPian

This is the worst time to buy a car. Used car prices are high and all new cars launched in the past 2-3 years are overpriced.

However, things don't seems to be improving. At your budget and since you don't have a service center in town i wouldn't recommend buying a luxury car.

The Superb is a great value premium car and one of the only ones that seem VFM today. Get a new one or a good used one at a good discount. It's a great upgrade over the City. I too upgraded from a 3rd gen city to an Octavia at 28 lakhs on road in 2019. The Superb was another 10 lakhs more.

The current Octavia is overpriced. And the next gen Superb will be too. Make sure you get the car thoroughly inspected at the service center before you buy a used one. Be more cautious of those sold by dealers.

Now to your questions.

1. Yes the Superb is still worth buying.

2. The Superb has enough ground clearance. It very rarely scrapes. And even if it does, no harm done.

3. Hard to say what a fair price is. Quote what you are comfortable paying for it. Check the DSG, AC. Other common failure parts like pump and timing chains and ABS sensors are cheaper to replace.

4. If you want to wait, then wait for a used Kodiaq or a used 3 series (since it was a dream of yours). Not for an Audi.
evil_grin is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 12:48   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Tucson still lack the 5 star safety rating. It scored 0 stars with 2 airbags variant and 3 stars with 6 airbag one in the latin NCAP rating test. Also it’s petrol engine lacks the power and punch .

Today I call few VW showrooms in Rajasthan and none of them has any information on availability of a Tiguan. There are absolutely no test drive cars and display cars. I am afraid sourcing any parts in future would be task and also the new one costs 37-39 lakh on-road with zero discounts. So Tiguan is out too.

But then again it gets me to the grey sportline variant at 27-28 lakh. Love the exteriors of sportline and also will miss a few features of L&K but saving around 3 lakhs for the same. The Gujarat dealership sounded like they knew their work better on transfers and are very prompt with any questions I had.
Heart over head, the Superb Sportline also is a brilliant car! Unlike the Kodiaq Sportline v/s L&K - the Superb doesn't see any difference in suspension, etc. which coupled with the nardo grey exterior & alcantara interiors really manages to create the sports sedan vibes!
Between the GJ registered one & a new one on road :
1. Please see the total value after registration. If it's a few lakhs, better to buy a new one for the added peace of mind.
2. If you get the pre-owned one, have the vehicle inspected thoroughly, extend the warranty, and follow other tips mentioned on various other threads such as this (ARTICLE: How to buy a *USED* Car in India).

The pre-owned one makes a lot of sense : it's a year old, still in warranty, and at a decent discount to the sticker price (around 25% less) which would leave ample room for maintenance and the like. However, it has run a fair amount - should mostly be on highways but they aren't always in the best of conditions so do check the underbody & suspension out as well during the inspection at Skoda.

Regarding the Tiguan : Most parts are shared between other Tiguan's / Kodiaqs / Octavia / Superb so part availability shouldn't be an issue.
Similarly the Tucson : It is a Tiguan competitor but at 6-7L cheaper you would have to compromise on something - and it is sadly the engine & gearbox combo. Safety, though rated 3 stars in Latin NCAP - their method of ratings are a lot different as compared to Euro NCAP / Global NCAP (where the Tucson got 5 stars, same as Tiguan / Kodiaq - both of which are untested in Latin NCAP under the new protocols). Not a hyundai fan-boy - far from one and a happy Tiguan owner here actually (our first SUV in an otherwise almost sedan oriented garage), but the Tucson is one car I wouldn't mind picking up.

But let's be honest - the Superb is the one that has you smitten & the ride + handling combo of the Superb is superior. I wouldn't worry about it being outdated - let's be honest the Kodiaq & Tiguan are barely a year behind in terms of being replaced with new models & the only other options are the Tucson (underpowered) & Octavia (not as well equipped, not as value for money, not as spacious). I don't think other options in that segment would entice you as they are a let down in terms of space / engines / features.
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 13:27   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello everyone !!
I have been driving a gen3 Honda city and have done mere 46k km (mostly self driven) till date and absolutely adore the engine and comfort of the car. This car literally needs zero maintenance.
Not to be a naysayer, but hope you are aware of the pitfalls associated with buying a Skoda in India. Owning a 3rd gen City might have spoilt you with respect to "Fill it shut it forget it"Honda nature, and you might take the reliability and after sales/ownership experience as granted. There are loads of ASS horror stories on team bhp for reference. Sure it's probably the most fun car on this side of 30L rupees, however, considering your scenario (3rd tier city in Rajasthan, generally Average AC performance of Skoda/VW cars), please do reconsider the choice.

Quote:
Thank you for the suggestion sir but I am not sure if I would be happy to get a civic since I am more interested in a German car this time.
Civic won’t feel as safe and punchy in comparison to the other sedans I am looking at. I don’t like the exterior design and Interior colour choice of Honda Civic.
I forgot to mention in my post that I am open to used car only if it comes with company warranty. Also should not be more than two years old and driven less than 30k km.
Civic received a 5 star rating from AESEAN NCAP. Considering even the lightly built 4th Gen City got a 4 star rating from GNCAP, I am pretty sure D segment Civic, should score better. You can also avail Honda's 10 year anytime warranty, and should be set for further 8 years. In Pune a 1.5 year ZX CVT model that's run 40K costs about 17L. That's substantial savings too!

Only con would be the average performance from the 1.8L VTEC.

Last edited by 07CR : 29th November 2022 at 13:42.
07CR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 13:36   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruhtam View Post
How's the 1.4 engine Octavia been so far? I'm currently looking for the same spec in the pre-owned market

I'll be waiting in case you're preparing a post on that!
Having driven around 5k kms so far, I can say 1.4 TSI in the Octavia is a well refined engine but turbo lag is evident in low speeds so you need to work through the gears a bit in city traffic conditions but on an open road or a highway it pulls like anything and you will thoroughly enjoy the driving experience.

I think 1.4 TSI is a sensible choice in used car market because 150 BHP/ 250 NM torque is more than sufficient for our pothole ridden roads and also there is no fear of any DSG failures that maybe associated with 1.8 TSI.
AngelEyes is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2022, 03:05   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_grin View Post

The Superb is a great value premium car and one of the only ones that seem VFM today. Get a new one or a good used one at a good discount.
The current Octavia is overpriced. And the next gen Superb will be too. Make sure you get the car thoroughly inspected at the service center before you buy a used one. Be more cautious of those sold by dealers.

Now to your questions.

3. Hard to say what a fair price is. Quote what you are comfortable paying for it. Check the DSG, AC. Other common failure parts like pump and timing chains and ABS sensors are cheaper to replace.

4. If you want to wait, then wait for a used Kodiaq or a used 3 series (since it was a dream of yours). Not for an Audi.
Yes I have fallen for the superb I guess even though I don’t find it as great a VFM buy as it used to be anymore.
Thank you for your kind reply. I agree that the next gen superb will be priced at least 5 lakh more than the current gen and the l&k would cost north of 50 lakhs on-road.
Is it always recommended to take the car to the respected dealership and get it checked throughly? What if the dealer is a good friend of the used car dealer and hide any faults from us? How much do they charge for this service ?

The new sportline variant if registered in the same city can be bought for 35.5 lakh new . The 2021 model in great condition with 26k km on odometer will cost me less than 28 lakh total including transfers ,service and insurance etc. This is a take it or leave it deal. My running is just 5-6k km per year.
I can wait some more but I don’t think I would see a g20 330i under my budget anytime soon. Also is Kodiaq an overall better car than superb? Has anybody driven both and can compare the two?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
1. Please see the total value after registration. If it's a few lakhs, better to buy a new one for the added peace of mind.
2. If you get the pre-owned one, have the vehicle inspected thoroughly, extend the warranty, and follow other tips mentioned on various other threads such as this (ARTICLE: How to buy a *USED* Car in India).

The pre-owned one makes a lot of sense : it's a year old, still in warranty, and at a decent discount to the sticker price (around 25% less) which would leave ample room for maintenance and the like. However, it has run a fair amount - should mostly be on highways but they aren't always in the best of conditions so do check the underbody & suspension out as well during the inspection at Skoda.

But let's be honest - the Superb is the one that has you smitten & the ride + handling combo of the Superb is superior. I wouldn't worry about it being outdated - let's be honest the Kodiaq & Tiguan are barely a year behind in terms of being replaced with new models & the only other options are the Tucson (underpowered) & Octavia (not as well equipped, not as value for money, not as spacious). I don't think other options in that segment would entice you as they are a let down in terms of space / engines / features.
Yeah I hope it won’t feel outdated since the new superb will most probably cost above 50 lakhs. Somehow I can’t see myself settling for a Tucson that too in a petrol variant.
How much does the showroom charges for the inspection of the vehicle and how reliable they generally are ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
Not to be a naysayer, but hope you are aware of the pitfalls associated with buying a Skoda in India. Owning a 3rd gen City might have spoilt you with respect to "Fill it shut it forget it"Honda nature, and you might take the reliability and after sales/ownership experience as granted. There are loads of ASS horror stories on team bhp for reference. Sure it's probably the most fun car on this side of 30L rupees, however, considering your scenario (3rd tier city in Rajasthan, generally Average AC performance of Skoda/VW cars), please do reconsider the choice.
Thanks for the concern sir. Yes my Honda city provides a fill it - forget it kinda ownership experience but this time I am ready to take some little risk in favour of better performance and comfort. I hope the new gear box isn’t as unreliable as the old one.
Can someone tell me how bad the AC of the car is? Even my brother in law isn’t satisfied with the AC performance of his last gen skoda Octavia tdi. Does it has to do with the dielsel/petrol car or skoda generally have a poor AC ?

Last edited by vipinS : 30th November 2022 at 03:14.
Old 30th November 2022, 09:29   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Even my brother in law isn’t satisfied with the AC performance of his last gen skoda Octavia tdi. Does it has to do with the dielsel/petrol car or skoda generally have a poor AC ?
It's got to do with general VW/Skoda cars. Even Taigun/Kushaq/Slavia and Virtus are facing same issues. I believe it's because the AC compressor could be of same size which these cars have in other markets (specially european).
Old 30th November 2022, 09:58   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
It's got to do with general VW/Skoda cars. Even Taigun/Kushaq/Slavia and Virtus are facing same issues. I believe it's because the AC compressor could be of same size which these cars have in other markets (specially european).
Are you suggesting that they must be using the same size of compressor for a 15 lakh Rupee car and a 40 lakh Rupee one? Can anyone confirm if the AC of the Superb lacks in terms of cooling effectiveness?
That would be horrible if I won’t find the Superb’s AC to be atleast as good as my old Honda city’s.
Old 30th November 2022, 10:02   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Are you suggesting that they must be using the same size of compressor for a 15 lakh Rupee car and a 40 lakh Rupee one?
No what I meant is, the AC compressor sizes would differ for both Superb and Slavia. The compressor of both could be suitable for European climate, where the temperature seldom crosses 35 degree C. However, the same won't be suitable for Indian climate.

Last edited by 07CR : 30th November 2022 at 10:03. Reason: Grammar mistakes
07CR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2022, 10:47   #26
BHPian

Since you are open to pre-owned route. I believe you should also look at Volvo S60. Due to the low resale value of Volvo, it should fit right into your budget.
casnov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2022, 13:00   #27
BHPian

Just throwing in a wild suggesting. Why not the Slavia/Virtus GT 1.5 DSG ? Close to a 15 lakh saving, the platform scored a 5 star recently in safety, the 1.5 + DSG will be great coming from a Honda City, is spacious and the Slavia has an uncanny Octy resemblance and the Skoda DNA is very much there. Of course you'll have to make do with a few rough bits and cost cutting in a few areas, but otherwise it's a sound well rounded package
Game_of_Roads is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2022, 13:09   #28
BHPian

Hi Vipin!

I upgraded from a 2016 4S Verna to a 2021 Skoda Superb last year. Firstly, I would recommend the Superb over an entry-level luxury sedan like the A4, 3-series and the likes. I would also recommend it over the Octavia considering the price difference between the cars.
Being in a similar situation as you, I ultimately went for a 2021 Superb.

Considering your questions:
1. Because the 3rd-gen Superb has been around for a few years, all general issues with the model have been fixed. You will need to give the 2023 Superb some time to sort the initial niggles. Besides, considering the timeless design of the curren-gen Superb, I think it will still look great 5 years from now. I don't think the 2023 Superb that will come later in India should impact your decision.

2. I drive my Superb in Bangalore which in all practical terms is off-road driving! The ground clearance will suffice - you will however have to be careful when you are driving the car with full load. At this time, you car will scrape if not careful.

3. I haven't bought a pre-owned car before, so I can't comment on the price. But I will highly recommend to have the car in company warranty, and for you to extend this warranty for a price. This car will not be as worry-free as the City regardless of how well you take care of it.

4. I think the Superb is one of the last few value-for-money sedans in the market, and if you are a sedan guy, I see no reason to not pick it up! I use it equally in the city and the highway, and it always puts a smile on my face! It's a great car, and you cannot go wrong with it!

Considering you've been used to fuss-free ownership, I'd recommend taking a mid-step to a new VAG car, before picking up a pre-owned German car!

Hope this helps!
ananbanka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2022, 14:57   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
1) Is it always recommended to take the car to the respected dealership and get it checked throughly? What if the dealer is a good friend of the used car dealer and hide any faults from us? How much do they charge for this service ?

2) I can wait some more but I don’t think I would see a g20 330i under my budget anytime soon.

3) Also is Kodiaq an overall better car than superb? Has anybody driven both and can compare the two?
Thanks for the concern sir. Yes my Honda city provides a fill it - forget it kinda ownership experience but this time I am ready to take some little risk in favour of better performance and comfort. I hope the new gear box isn’t as unreliable as the old one.

4) How much does the showroom charges for the inspection of the vehicle and how reliable they generally are ?

5) Can someone tell me how bad the AC of the car is? Even my brother in law isn’t satisfied with the AC performance of his last gen skoda Octavia tdi. Does it has to do with the dielsel/petrol car or skoda generally have a poor AC ?
Edited your post a little for an easier reply:

1. It is best to get the car checked up by an dealership who knows their way around the car & can trouble shoot any pain points you may have. This could be independent or authorized dealer - authorized generally works because they also have access to the vehicle's service history which they can share with you.
If you go to an authorized dealer, it is important to pick the best rated dealership (and not necessarily the one the first owner goes too) - even if it turns out that the best dealership is the same one as the one visited by the owner - I wouldn't be too worried about stuff being hidden from you as you would have access to the service records and can verify the same yourself (even a skoda dealer near you can give you the service history if you have a contact with them who can help); and for the other bits like underbody, etc. - ask them to let you be there in person while they lift the car so you can confirm what their observations are.
Lastly, do check the warranty start and end date with the dealer also - sometimes, these vehicles can be used as unregistered demo cars and then passed on to the buyer at a discount and he becomes first owner on paper, though second in actuality. In such a case, warranty would start much earlier than the date of registration.

2. Right now a 2020 G20 330i is going for around 42-45L. Maybe if you can wait a year the same could be had for 37--40 especially with the LCI around the corner. Check DL / CH markets for better prices since you plan to re-register it in RJ anyways.

3. Haven't driven them in their new iterations, but the diesel variants.
The Kodiaq is a better all rounder due to better ingress / egress, better ground clearance for our roads, and the practicality of a 7 seater / luggage space / AWD. That being said, the Superb would be the better performer & ride + handling combo would be better due to lower GC : it has one well balanced suspension mode unlike the Kodiaq which is either comfortable or fun to drive. The ground clearance for most part is adequate, the pricing is much more value for money, the boot is more than adequate unless you plan to transport tall items frequently, and the legroom is immense though rear seats aren't as comfortable (no recline, and you have to bend in to get in). Added cherry is that it could be better built given recent Kodiaq owners are complaining of minor rattles and the like but the new Superb owners seem to be a mighty pleased bunch.
The biggest advantage / disadvantage is the ground clearance in my opinion - we prefer the Tiguan over the sedans for touring just because there is no stress if you hit a bad patch of road which reduces fatigue considerably especially when with family as then you drive more defensively. But the remaining 90% of the trip when you're on good highways / twisties - I miss the lower to the ground sedan!
However, unlike our garage at home - the Superb is a little more practical with decent ground clearance so could be a good compromise, especially as you've never faced issues with your City.

4) Generally showrooms charge around 8-15K for the inspection. Reliability depends on the quality of the showroom and adviser. If you know anyone who owns a Skoda in the city from where you're buying the vehicle - you can ask them for a reliable Service Advisor.

5) A.C. performance is a bane of most European cars in our conditions unfortunately. They just can't match up to the Asians no matter how hard they try. You could consider transparent sun-films to reduce the heat entering the vehicle for marginally better performance.

Last edited by lamborghini : 30th November 2022 at 15:02.
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2022, 22:33   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by casnov View Post
Since you are open to pre-owned route. I believe you should also look at Volvo S60. Due to the low resale value of Volvo, it should fit right into your budget.
There are very few good examples of Volvo s60 in used market. And the few available have a asking price of well over 40 lakhs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game_of_Roads View Post
Just throwing in a wild suggesting. Why not the Slavia/Virtus GT 1.5 DSG ? Close to a 15 lakh saving, the platform scored a 5 star recently in safety, the 1.5 + DSG will be great coming from a Honda City, is spacious and the Slavia has an uncanny Octy resemblance and the Skoda DNA is very much there. Of course you'll have to make do with a few rough bits and cost cutting in a few areas, but otherwise it's a sound well rounded package
To be honest that’s how it all started. My cousin was looking for a car below 20 lakh segment and I took a test drive of Virtus. Though the engine is capable but the cabin is nothing to talk about and I am afraid after a year or two I ll have a itch of upgrade again with that car. It’s better to spend a little more and get a car that is a keeper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananbanka View Post
Hi Vipin!

I upgraded from a 2016 4S Verna to a 2021 Skoda Superb last year. Firstly, I would recommend the Superb over an entry-level luxury sedan like the A4, 3-series and the likes. I would also recommend it over the Octavia considering the price difference between the cars.
Being in a similar situation as you, I ultimately went for a 2021 Superb.

Considering you've been used to fuss-free ownership, I'd recommend taking a mid-step to a new VAG car, before picking up a pre-owned German car!

Hope this helps!
Thank you a lot for your extended reply. I actually wanted to hear the first hand experience from someone who lives with the car on a daily basis. I agree the upgrade to the big 3 might be a too big leap for me and superb is a good compromise of keeping the enthusiast in me in check and is reasonable to keep up with the maintenance in comparison. All I need is to find THE SUPERB for me now .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks