Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2007, 13:59   #76

guys,

how are you managing such big discounts? tried bargaining like hell and this Sureka guy in hyd is not giving anything more than 10K discount
Old 3rd August 2007, 14:16   #77
Senior - BHPian

Find someone who got a higher discount in Hyderabad. Bargain mentioning his name. Thats how I did it.
Old 3rd August 2007, 14:24   #78
BHPian

reignofchaos buddy
can u please help me with some points.
1. Are our seats real leather or fake? how to clean/maintain them?
2. my stock ICE seems to like eating CDs. it gulped my first CD n refused to give it back. I shut the engine n came back next day to find it playing it as if nothing happened. any sich experience?
3. the stock ICE is good BUT it does not have the POWER n PUNCHY feel in any of the ranges. do you feel this? willl it be good if u connect my external amp n change the speakers?

cheers
Ranjith
Old 3rd August 2007, 14:42   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjithc View Post
hello vishal
believe me, driving the cedia is a thrill.
only bugger is if there is bumper to bumper traffic.

go for it!!
Ranjith, I am as convinced as you...its just the last attempt to get the best deal.
But it will still take couple of weeks, as I'm trying to get Mitsubishi to our office and get best corporate discount. Lets see if I'm successful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newrider View Post
guys,

how are you managing such big discounts? tried bargaining like hell and this Sureka guy in hyd is not giving anything more than 10K discount
It will not happen quick and you got to be patient. I being doing this for almost month and have fair idea on best deals avaialble in market.

For negotiating on Cedia, you can try:

Get better quote from third party dealer (they usually give better discounts) and ask Mits. dealer to better the deal

Other option is to get Corolla quote which is offering good discounts and bargain based on this. It worked for me and I got 30K discount from Mits dealer.
Old 3rd August 2007, 15:41   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Find someone who got a higher discount in Hyderabad. Bargain mentioning his name. Thats how I did it.
I have been trying hard, but could not get hold of anyone! showroom guy is anyway not the source to start with. Is there someone on this thread (or on tbhp) who owns a Cedia and from HYD? and can provide me some information?
Old 3rd August 2007, 15:45   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishaltanksale View Post
For negotiating on Cedia, you can try:

Get better quote from third party dealer (they usually give better discounts) and ask Mits. dealer to better the deal
what is meant by third party dealer? Is that like any finance company/bank dealing with four-wheeler loans?
Old 6th August 2007, 01:58   #82
BHPian

I had almost decided on a Honda City ZX vtec when I read about the Cedia in this thread. Thanks to Vishal who started this thread and aroused my curiosity about the Cedia, I decided to TD the Cedia. I did it on Cedia Spirit last Saturday. My impressions
  • Exterior : Impressive. The car looks nice and has certain elegance about it. The one I did the TD on was white, and it looked cool. The front grille could have been designed better, but it does blend with the contour. Clear lines, swept back headlamps and the 3-point star in the center give it a strong and sturdy look. The tail lamp assembly gives it a merc look.
  • Interior: Getting inside wasn’t a problem, though taller people will have to crouch a bit. It is quite comfortable inside. Dual tone dashboard in wood and titanium finish looks good, though I prefer a more wooden look. The gearshift and parking brake knobs are leather wrapped, which looks classy. Little thoughtful additions like floor console box where you could keep your coins, knick knacks etc. are good features. Wide leather seats add to the comfort level.
  • Ride: I allowed the driver to take me around on a ride for the first half an hour. I sat behind on the rear seats to get a feel of the drive. The rear seats were comfortable with enough leg space. The centre armrest with cup holders is a good feature along with the ability to access the boot from the rear seat. With the windows up, outside noise almost inaudible. The suspension is a bit stiff as one could feel the jerk when going over potholes, though it wasn’t much of a bother. Maybe since I am used to Opel’s suspension, I could feel it more. Overall the ride was good.
  • Drive: Very comfortable driver’s seat with all the controls within easy reach. This car can really take off. The pick up is excellent. I could easily overtake a Fiesta in one short burst with the 2nd gear engaged. With the 3rd gear the car was ready to fly. Even in a start-stop traffic situation the performance was very responsive. Cedia handled hard turns very efficiently, and I liked the maneuverability of the car despite its size. The steering wheel is quite comfortable though a little light but still with quite good feedback. Electronically adjusted OVRM is a good feature, but I somehow feel that the level of adjustment is always better when it is done manually with the lever. I missed the rear wash and wipe that I am used to. I feel it is necessary to have that on the Indian roads which are so dusty,. The sales guy of course reminded me that that is a normal feature of hatchbacks and not sedans. Still I would have liked a rear windshield cleansing system.
  • The A/C is more than efficient and here the climate control feature is missed because it really gets very chilly inside. One problen is that the vent on the right side directly blows on the driver’s right hand. My fingers were numb with cold so I had to switch it off.
  • The stock ICE is very basic and it actually is an eyesore.
Overall it is a great car to drive and it is really VFM with all the goodies loaded. If Mitsubishi/HM can aggressively market the Cedia, it will give the Honda City and Civic a run for their money.
Old 6th August 2007, 11:23   #83
Senior - BHPian

^^Did the td car have blaupunkt or kenwood? The stock blaupunkt is pretty okay by stock standards of other cars... atleast in terms of other cars. Obviously the speakers are pretty basic.
Old 6th August 2007, 21:19   #84
BHPian

It had a Blaupunkt. It wasn't going with the rest of the cockpit in terms of looks.
Old 8th August 2007, 12:35   #85
BHPian

Guys need your advice

BHPians please advise me.

I am in discussions with Metro Motors for Cedia Spirit. I have a budget constraint of 9 lacs OTR for a non-octroi Company registered car. I can stretch it to maybe 9.15. The price being quoted for a Spirit is 10 including a discount of 20K. I was told that they would get back to me after talking to HM about what best they can do. They are now giving me an option for which I need your advice. HM has a 2006 Cedia Elegance which they can give at the price. They confirmed that it is a new car from their unsold stock and that it is the exactly same as Spirit. I dont have any re-sale consideration because after 3 years I will get a new car from the company. With everything being the same as Cedia Spirit, my only dilemma is that the car is manufactured last year. Also I will not have a choice of color. This being the case, what do you feel? Just wanted to bounce this off you guys. Should I go for it?
Old 18th August 2007, 14:51   #86
BHPian

Guys,

Finally booked Cedia over all other options !!!

But its the Red-Sports and not Spirit, had to stretch budget (quite a bit) but I guess its a decision from heart and wise decision as well.

Car is expected to reach dealer next Friday and delivery is expected on 30th (may happen sooner also).
There are few formailities / approval pending with company and that will be complete next week....and then I am done.

Really anxious to get my hands on the Red Sports !!

Thanks to Anupam, Regi and Ranjith; their expereince / advice helped me decide and get the best deal !
And I will soon join them (and many others) in the proud list of Cedia owners !!!

I'll keep you guys posted on the delivery.

Last edited by vishaltanksale : 18th August 2007 at 14:53.
Old 18th August 2007, 14:53   #87
Senior - BHPian

OMG a huge congrats . So you finally dumped your Aveo plans. Have fun!
Old 21st August 2007, 21:48   #88
BHPian

Hey Vishal, Many congratulations! Thats the way to go!!!
Do tell us about your Cedia experience. Cheers.
Old 21st August 2007, 22:05   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishaltanksale View Post
Guys,

Finally booked Cedia over all other options !!!

But its the Red-Sports and not Spirit, had to stretch budget (quite a bit) but I guess its a decision from heart and wise decision as well.

Car is expected to reach dealer next Friday and delivery is expected on 30th (may happen sooner also).

Thanks to Anupam, Regi and Ranjith; their expereince / advice helped me decide and get the best deal !
And I will soon join them (and many others) in the proud list of Cedia owners !!!

I'll keep you guys posted on the delivery.
Man! congrats! Heart rules!
Old 21st August 2007, 23:19   #90
BHPian

Congrats Vishal! Join the Cedia owner's club

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks