Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2023, 12:43   #16
BHPian

Re: 13-lakh Conundrum | Have I gotten old and cynical? | Best car to replace an 8th-gen Civic

Dear Memphis - It is difficult to replace Civic for a new car under 15 lacs. You can look for a used Corolla Altis post 2015 make so that it will serve you well for 5-6 years before India get proper EVs at a reasonable price, that is the time when you can consider buying an EV. One such used Corolla Altis example is

https://www.spinny.com/buy-used-cars...EaArJtEALw_wcB

Last edited by GoBabyGo : 17th March 2023 at 13:00.
GoBabyGo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2023, 13:20   #17
BHPian

Re: 13-lakh Conundrum | Have I gotten old and cynical? | Best car to replace an 8th-gen Civic

The Virtus / Slavia are amazing sedans. Well packaged & a driver's delight. As GTO mentioned, there will be the usual headaches, but let it not take away the pleasure of driving these gems.
Old 17th March 2023, 19:50   #18
BHPian

Have sailed in the same boat. In 2019, after having spent 5 years & 1lac+ kms with the 8th gen Civic AT, I was completely lost when it came to picking my next ride. Often felt that selling the Civic was my biggest mistake and I could have spent 1 lac on refurbishing the car and used it for a few more years. Test drove new cars, used cars, hatchbacks, sedans, SUVs, hell even MPVs. Finally the Gods decided to have mercy on my troubled soul and guided me to an Elantra 2.0 AT SX(O). Have spent 4 years and I don't regret the decision one bit. While the Elantra offers many more features alongwith similar power and torque output I do miss the lovely paddle shifters and the Space-age cockpit of my Civic.
Pashin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2023, 12:36   #19
BHPian

Many thanks to all the fellow members for the follow up comments, suggestions & links. Gives me lots to consider beyond my initial thinking:
- Try used T-roc
- Don't rule out 5th gen City (but headroom & lack luster CVT remain deterrents)
- Consider Elantra AT
- Rethink my perspective on the Altis
- Drop the sedan idea altogether and look at the Kiger, Nexon EV or used CRVs
Memphis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2023, 14:23   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
While I haven't completely ruled it out, the City feels like a significant downgrade to the Civic.
The only thing you should not do is downgrade. It will leave you highly dissatisfied. You've saved a lot of money buying a used car and keeping it long. What you should do is double your budget and get a D1or D2 segment car. Or even a luxury car. The Delhi market is the perfect one for buying used luxury cars.
evil_grin is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks