Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2023, 18:56   #31
BHPian

Re: New Honda City vs Used Honda Civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revention View Post
And update :
I was able to procure the detailed records using app. And luckily it brought up a dark side of the car. Looks like there was major repair done in Jan 22 related to accident (as there is mention like this)

"CARRY OUT ACCIDENT REPAIR AS PER HDFC - (Body & Paint Work)"

Plus the detailed service records tell what all was replaced or painted (from bumper, glass, headlamps, door repaint etc etc) it was almost a 1.8 lakh plus in repair !!!

Now its strange that this car passed Spinny inspection which is known for ignoring cars involved in accident. Even sad that the Honda service advisor didnt mention this to me at all and said all fine with the car !
Doesn't the service record for a car show if any accident related repairs were done? Strange Honda didn't mention this when you asked for the service records.
Old 27th March 2023, 19:00   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
Doesn't the service record for a car show if any accident related repairs were done? Strange Honda didn't mention this when you asked for the service records.
The screenshots (of app which maybe the service centre has) which spinny shared didnt mention accident.
But when I downloaded them using app, the per service detailed records, I got to see that.

But sad that the service advisor at Honda service centre didnt say anything of repairs of such magnitude
Old 27th March 2023, 19:07   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxhtxx View Post
however I do recommend checking out other new sedans launches as well, as everyones requirements and preferences are different. The new 2023 city, the German twins virtus and slavia and newly launched Verna with a powerful turbo petrol option. along with e20 compliance. since you'll be spending about the same.
For me it has always been Honda, and I'm coming from a 8th gen civic which I still do own!
cheers may you choose the best!
I am keen on new Verna MT turbo SX(O) but not sure about its safety ratings (based on past Verna ratings). The Slavia MT (virtus is only DSG) is possibly safer based on its cousin's rating (Kushaq)

I actually have a booking for XUV700 P MT AX7 since Sep 22 But it still says Sep/Oct 23 for me . If I get the new BS6.2 version soon that will be grt !
Old 27th March 2023, 19:11   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revention View Post
The screenshots (of app which maybe the service centre has) which spinny shared didnt mention accident.
But when I downloaded them using app, the per service detailed records, I got to see that.

But sad that the service advisor at Honda service centre didnt say anything of repairs of such magnitude
Is it possible to examine the insurance claims history of a used car, which will clearly point to any major accident related expenses?
Old 31st March 2023, 19:11   #35
BHPian

What would be the downside to purchasing a Dec 22 Virtus GT 1.5 now, at a discount ?
The known downsides are not getting BS6.2 engine and some drop in resale value
Old 15th June 2023, 11:51   #36
BHPian

Is a service like Wheelswisdom xray much better than doing an inspection at ASS for a used car ?
I have comes across a good CRV this time and am thinking of getting inspected during the trial period.
Honda said they can only comment about current state of the car and not share any history. I am wondering if 3rd party vendors can provide more info during detailed inspection (any tampering with ODO, or and major impact not visible from outside, etc)
Old 15th June 2023, 11:59   #37

Honda can provide all details about the car. Like past service history in their system. Which will give you a clear idea about past of the car. I don't know why ASS has given you such a reply. Car can inspected for hidden damages or past accidents. If you have the complete service record till date it's not hard to verify. Even if any accidental damage repair it will reflect in the service record. I suggest visiting a different Honda ASS.
Now it's even more easier to get the service record data on the Honda app itself, you just have to input the details of the car (chassic /engine number) and you have access to all service history
Old 17th June 2023, 00:11   #38
BHPian

What’s there to be confused about? All three points of yours are red flags. Stay away from Civic and go with new City, Verna or German twins, whichever rocks your socks off best.
Old 17th June 2023, 14:03   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxhtxx View Post
Now it's even more easier to get the service record data on the Honda app itself, you just have to input the details of the car (chassic /engine number) and you have access to all service history
Yes I did manage to get records similar way, but was just referring to Honda's approach to such a requirement for car inspection

I am going to anyways try WheelsWisdom for this and get their input on the CRV. Lets see how it goes

I already have bookings for Virtus GT plus MT and long standing booking XUV700 MT AX7 petrol (target date is Sep 23). So need to decide the CRV against these 2
Old 19th June 2023, 21:34   #40
BHPian

I got the CRV analysed from Wheelswisdom. Overall the findings are either what is known from the service records (like some bumper/fender repair etc) or some wear and tear which is not unexpected for the car in use for 4 yrs.
https://www.spinny.com/buy-used-cars...-2019/9164588/
I am thinking that CRV will be a better choice, at the given price and condition, over a new Virtus GT plus MT or XUV700 AX7 P MT, esp for the reliability.
Although the latter will be more fun to drive, CRV is looking quite good on benefit to cost ratio front.
(the trial period ends on coming Wednesday)

It was also a good experience with Wheelswisdom !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks