Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2007, 12:50   #16
BHPian

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/6...ybrid03iz6.jpg
http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/4...civic11er4.jpg

there you go keep on staring at both of them! the one that you keep on staring at the most is the one you should buy!
Old 22nd July 2007, 22:15   #17
BHPian

THANKS a lot all you guys for such prompt suggestions, i think the inclination is for misty violet.can u imagine today morning me and my wife discussed the color again and lo we went out on a ride to look for any civic on road with our color choice ,we saw a misty violet civic ,we stopped and admired it ,clicked its pics to discuss with our kids and made up our mind for the color , till in the eveninfg we saw a silver civic and again we got into thinking ???????????/ silver looked BIG in comparison to misty violet!!!!!!!!.any way its gonna be misty violet or silver NOW and me being defence officer (a) wont sell the car (so not looking for resale value going down due color)and (b) getting it around 2 lakhs cheaper OTR due savings on taxes through canteen. so guys I GO FOR IT ? ,WAT U GUYS SAY ?, ANY MAJOR DRAW BACKS EXCEPT GC? thanks once again
Old 23rd July 2007, 00:19   #18
BHPian

Quote:
http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/6...ybrid03iz6.jpg
http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/4...civic11er4.jpg

there you go keep on staring at both of them! the one that you keep on staring at the most is the one you should buy!
@ancer : which is which?
its quite difficult to compare but i kept staring at the first images what is it! black
Old 23rd July 2007, 01:21   #19
BHPian

Go. for. Misty. Violet. The End.
Old 23rd July 2007, 01:47   #20
BHPian

the misty voilet is cool now but after 1 or 2 years u may start hateing it
(its like thse new colours u see and say wow but after 1 year u wonder why u brought it) my opinion the black looks much better and if well amintained will stay that way forever
Old 23rd July 2007, 10:24   #21
Senior - BHPian

People have raised concerns about paint jobs. I am sure Honda service center will stock paint of this color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
As long as you can have the car of your choice please indulge your wife by letting her have the color of her choice.
Great advice man . But do consider maintenance and resale value for that color.
Old 23rd July 2007, 10:36   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda always revives the misty violet ever once in a while. Last i saw it on the OHC Vtec a few years back and was smitten! But i did not see too many of them , maybe it was for a limited time.
I suggest you go for the violet since its a new color and only available on the 1.8V which makes it a little less common!
Old 23rd July 2007, 14:11   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Lucky man to be buying that car... Don't delay any longer; Misty Violet! Go For It!

Enjoy
Old 23rd July 2007, 17:03   #24
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Honda always revives the misty violet ever once in a while. Last i saw it on the OHC Vtec a few years back and was smitten! But i did not see too many of them , maybe it was for a limited time.
I know the car you are talking about....the one kitted with a body kit right? That was a custom paint job.
Old 23rd July 2007, 18:57   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xinome View Post
@ancer : which is which?
its quite difficult to compare but i kept staring at the first images what is it! black
the 1st link is a black civic the 2nd one is the misty civic ..yeah the colours are pretty close under poor lighting but in the day time you can make it out easly ..i prefer the misty though. black does not do justice to the car unless you have a nice body kit on the car ...please don't get offended any one its just my opinion!
Old 24th July 2007, 00:15   #26
BHPian

thanx all u guys,
LAST TIME B4 I DECIDE,HELP, SILVER OR MISTY VIOLET, I KNOW ITS CRAZY TO TAKE VIEWS ON COLOR AS ITS PERSONAL CHOICE AS MOST SAID ; ,BUT WAT TO DO ---------- DIL HAI KI MAANTA NAHIN, NEED TO TAKE ADVICE OF U ALL EXPERTS,THX, AND AFTER THIS MY NEXT POST WUD BE MY EXPERIENCE WITH MY NEW CIVIC.

Mod's Note: Please improve your posting style and format. Typing in all capitals make it difficult to read a post. Also, do not make parts of the sentences bold without reason. SMS lingo like B4 or dotty style of posting (----------) is not encouraged. remember this is different from (...) which is known as elipsis.

Last edited by Zappo : 24th July 2007 at 00:31.
Old 24th July 2007, 00:34   #27
BHPian

hey man ,u trying to check me for too many minor things ,any way i shall keep i n mind ,thx
Old 24th July 2007, 01:01   #28
Senior - BHPian

Take the Alabaster Silver. It looks big, looks classy. If you are a defence personnel and in a position of command you should pick a colour which shows class. If however you want to be a rebel pick the misty violet. Its got youthfullness written all over it.

The silver is very easy on maintenance, even if you get a scratch (hopefully not) it will not be that visible. Even dirt is not obvious. The cars shines in the sunlight and with black sunfilm looks really cool.
Old 24th July 2007, 01:36   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
A cars colour is a very personal choice so its really depends what you / your wife like better.

I dont think anyone else can show you the way to a "better" colour. Just like we cant tell you what to eat for dinner.
i'll stick to what gto said. color of your car is your personal choice. listen to your heart rather than what others say or else you'll regret later.

if you ask me, i'll take the nighthawk black civic anyday.
Old 24th July 2007, 02:05   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Sahil - The OHC was never sold in Violet. Dark Blue yes, but no Violet.

Most Viewed