Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2023, 13:30   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Used Audi A4 1.4L Vs VW Virtus 1.5L | My first car dilemma

Well, I assume your budget is somewhere between 20L to 30L, new or pre-owned.
I would suggest you to also check out 2020/2021 Skoda Superb. Should be able to find a good example in that range.
HammerHead is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2023, 16:59   #17
Senior - BHPian

On a slightly different note, this afternoon, a gleaming white sedan took a slow left turn facing my car. My wife and I took a moment to catch our breath. It was a new Verna. I never thought it would give off such a look frankly. It is also a good option with near equal performance and probably better peace of mind. And of course, more features than either of the two cars in contention. For 20 lac, may not be a bad bargain!
fhdowntheline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2023, 22:25   #18
Senior - BHPian

If 40-70k per service visit is spare change to you, go ahead with the Audi. It has a much better interior and the logo is well, Audi. How many kms has it run?

Else buy the new virtus which is going to be significantly cheaper to own, brand new and will have less issues cropping up for the next 4 years at least and is faster than the 1.4 Audi. The engine tech too, is newer and will deal with E20 fuel better.
Cresterk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2023, 23:38   #19
BHPian

Both the cars are of different segments, cannot compare an A4 with Virtus if luxury and brand value is what matters. But a new Virtus GT is something you will not regret-it comes with a standard 4 year warranty along with an option to extend for 2 more years. If you want to play safe just take the soon to be launched Virtus GT Manual.

I have driven 10k+ KMs on my GT now and can safely say, it is the perfect all rounder. Car zooms past everything on the road when needed. Within 20L this is the best petrol engine one can buy now, the ride and handling balance is perfect. Fuel efficiency also one can easily get 18+ on highways and 10-12 within city. Ohh and yes you can take the Service Value Package for 30k for 4 years which will keep the maintenance cost to less than 7k per year.

Last edited by tsi_niks1989 : 3rd June 2023 at 23:40.
tsi_niks1989 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2023, 00:26   #20
BHPian

Buy a Virtus with 7 year warranty and you will have a wonderful overall first car experience. Audi experience has a high probability of getting spoiled due to its age, cost and first car learning curve.
Old 4th June 2023, 02:16   #21
BHPian

Firstly check whether A/c standards are met with Virtus as I have doubts. And for the same very reason opted for Octavia before it sold out.
Old 4th June 2023, 22:11   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madki View Post
Maintenance and Gotchas: As a first-time car owner, I would greatly appreciate any information regarding common maintenance issues and potential gotchas that I should be mindful of for both the Audi A4 and the Virtus. Ensuring a hassle-free ownership experience is of utmost importance to me.
Madki
I'm assuming that you have never owned a car before and have zero driving experience. Hence, will be suggesting a car accordingly. My suggestion would be to not go for either as you would need to first understand the basic driving dynamics of a car. Therefore, a better option would be to start off with a used entry level car. But if you are more inclined towards a sedan, then probably a Honda City would be a good option. A well maintained 6-8 year old car should be easily available for anywhere between 6.5-9 lacs depending on the odometer milage and condition.

However if you want to experience the dynamics of a German car, even Vento/Rapid are available for roughly the same price. Please note however that maintenance may be slightly on the higher side as German cars and hassle free ownership don't generally go hand in hand. Hence, I recommended the city as it's far easier to maintain. And yes, start off with a manual if possible so as to gain some driving experience. You may hold it for 2-3 years, save up some money and then upgrade to the car of your choice. Even I started off with a used Santro Xing after completing my graduation in 2013. Held car for 5 years and finally moved to a new Ignis in 2018.

Last edited by yatesh.92 : 4th June 2023 at 22:13.
Old 5th June 2023, 23:25   #23
BHPian

Get the 190hp diesel of the A4. It's a great car and you will have no worries of gearbox and also the good fuel economy. Do check it out thoroughly at Audi and allocate a substantial amount for maintenance
Old 6th June 2023, 05:49   #24
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Considering you are a first-time car owner, a new car would be the safer bet, Moreover, maintenance and spare parts costs of Luxury brand cars are very high, so if you are able to lve with that, then going for a good well-maintained German luxury car won't be an issue, Else it's always better getting a new car.
Old 7th June 2023, 15:59   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Had you not been in NCR, I would have recommended picking up an A4 35 TDI from the 2018-2019 vintage. These cars had the best of everything-luxurious interiors, a strong engine, high fuel efficiency and higher level of reliability owing to the six speed DSG DQ250 gearbox in the diesel. Being in NCR, means the valid life of these cars would only be about 5 more years, which is not acceptable.

As you seem to like the VAG group'a quality levels and engineering, the next best alternative would be the pickup a sparingly used 4th generation Octavia 2.0TSI which was launched in 2021. I see many listings around 27-30 lakhs in Chennai and it should be available even cheaper in NCR. You get a much more powerful and fun to drive car with the higher reliability gearbox the DQ381.
84.monsoon is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks