Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2007, 10:56   #16
BHPian

solidness of SX4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
It looks to be much more solid.
Yes, it is solid. While reversing in the parking slot, my front left portion (joint of fender+bumper) touch-passed entry pillar .
Plaster from pillar came out and has left small 1"X1.5" scratch mark which was 50% reduced by rubbing compound. Damage to the pillar was more than car .
Sonata is different car ( always better than SX4 ) not second Hand, but new one only.
In case of SH Sonata, go for SX4.
Old 31st July 2007, 22:40   #17
BHPian

Thanks a hell lot folks...so if I take a quick summary...you are saying if I can live with expensive maintenance and mileage I can go for the Sonata..

Well I see it like this, 40 kms/day 2-3 times a week others will be in my Jeep, Bullet, and RD350. I can look at a maintenance cost of max 1000 per month apart from the regular service which in my case, assuming every 10,000 kms will happen once in 4 months (more due to date than the odometer)

Now to counter gas guzzling problem...is LPG conversion an option?
Old 1st August 2007, 12:41   #18
Senior - BHPian

and maybe not practical, but what i know is that sonata is a car of higher segment and definatly better than sx4 for that reason.sx4 even if it is brand new it is just an sx4,but sonata even if old will always be superior to sx4
Old 2nd August 2007, 01:13   #19
BHPian

i think it's a close choice, it depends on your need's

(1)the sonata is a great car but a broad car not the greatest car for driving in traffic jams(din't stop me from buying 1) here i say the sx4 would be a better bet
(2) the sonata, has more power than the sx4, open roads and the winner would be sonata any day
(3) if your a family guy then the sonata win's here as well, but if not the sx4 has enough of room upfront for a 6ft guy to fit comfortably..i would say a tie here
(4) here's the important 1 the sx4 is a new car as for the sonata is not , make sure you buy from a reliable source..trust me on this you don't see many ****ty looking sonats'a around but you do get badly maintained 1's
Old 3rd August 2007, 16:26   #20
BHPian

Thanks folks for all your comments...any info no making a Gas Conversion?
Old 3rd August 2007, 22:05   #21
BHPian

don't know if it is legal to put a kit in this car (sonata) since hyundai hasn't realease a offical one but i have driven one and there wasn't much of a power loss.....don't know more than that..sorry
Old 3rd August 2007, 23:01   #22
BHPian

@madbullram

AFAIK gas conversion is an option on all petrol cars, although I don't know about the legal hassles in terms of getting changes on the RC etc.
Old 3rd August 2007, 23:19   #23
Senior - BHPian

If you want to go for a second hand, I would suggest you to go for a Elantra CRDi rather than Sonata. Better resale and lovely car, good FE, though finding one can be difficult. Cheers !!!
Old 4th August 2007, 10:55   #24
BHPian

vKo...thanks for the tip...even I love the Elantra...but my fetish is towards Sonata...else I have that zillions options from a City to Elantra which is what my mind is arguing wiht me...but my Heart you see is the problem
Old 4th August 2007, 11:01   #25
Senior - BHPian

I hardly see Sonata in Delhi's road..may be in I see one or two in Noida... my take will be an SX4 as maintaining a second hand D-segment car (which btw, did do well India) will be on a higher side without the hazzle free and peace of mind warranty.. So SX4 it is for you
Old 4th August 2007, 14:29   #26
BHPian

well i think madbullram has made his mind up about which car he wanted in the 1st place ,i presume you were just looking for some reassurance about your decission..... only bad thing about the car is fuel and re-sale :-(
Old 4th August 2007, 23:37   #27
BHPian

Ancer...u also looking for Sonata?

Most Viewed