Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2007, 13:36   #1

Which one is better : Fusion or Fiesta?

Hi,

Not able to decide which one to go for. Need some help on whether to checkout fiesta or fusion. Looking out for a diesel engine, where in I could get a good mileage. Since I will be driving over 60KM a day, thought will go a diesel car, but then tried Swift and the waiting period for that has increased to over 6 months. Checked out Indica V2 Turbo and found the car was doing okay, but then all the Cabs look alike in the city. So was looking out for a diesel vehicle that could give me a good mileage, should be comfortable and should have space. Not much interested in Logan, as the car doesn't look so great. Not sure what else falls under this set of category. My max budget can touch around 7-7.5L.

Thanks......
Old 3rd August 2007, 15:26   #2
Senior - BHPian

I would say go for the fusion if your priority is space. The fusion has lots of space and is a good package with all the features. But i've heard the Fiesta is better to drive though both share the same engine. Maybe there has been some re-tuning.

I suggest take a test drive of both and go with the one you like. In your case i feel its quite easy since these are the only two vehicles that you are looking at.
Old 3rd August 2007, 15:29   #3
Senior - BHPian

In 7.5 your only choice is Fusion D. Fiesta D costs another lac more.
Old 3rd August 2007, 15:32   #4
Team-BHP Support

If i had the money and the right to choose, i would go in for the Fiesta over the Fusion.
Old 3rd August 2007, 15:34   #5
Senior - BHPian

I suggest you to go for a sedan, Fiesta D is a nice choice!

But do check out the Maintenance cost. Also, stay away from Metro Ford, B'lore.
Old 3rd August 2007, 15:40   #6
BHPian

Well, i think Fiesta is better if you compare the fusion with it, i had taken a TD of both and i found fiesta impressive as regards to handling and confidence while driving,

Engines of both the cars are the same,but maybe they have tweaked the fusion as gemithomas mentioned.

But yeah for the budget you have Fusion D is what fits in, its better you take a TD of both the vehicles.
Old 3rd August 2007, 17:47   #7
BHPian

I found the fusion interiors not upto the mark for what you are paying. Another petrol fusion that I occasionally sit in has developed a lot of rattles in a couple of years.

Another perspective - If you donot want the car urgently, why not wait for the Swift D?

Else,the other option increase your budget and go for the Fiesta D.
Old 3rd August 2007, 23:26   #8
BHPian

IMHO Fiesta D is better, go for it if you can afford it. The resale value of Fiesta should be much better. Further, I saw on some TV program that the cabin noise in Fusion D is much more than Fiesta D.
Old 4th August 2007, 00:18   #9
Senior - BHPian

Attribute per Attribute, whatever Fusion D does, Fiesta does too (in some respects better) and then offers the boot as well.
Old 4th August 2007, 00:26   #10
Senior - BHPian

fiesta for FE. Fusion would gibe lesser Fe3 than Fiesta for sure and selling Fiesta in the future would be easier.
Old 4th August 2007, 00:39   #11
BHPian

FIESTA is a lac costlier than the FUSION. If price is not a concern, then i would suggest you to go ahead with the FIESTA.
Old 4th August 2007, 00:57   #12
BHPian

as everyone here has made it clear the Fiesta is a lakh costlier.
you would go for the Fusion only if you would require more space, FE is sustain ably all rite!

you want FE performance stuffed into an amazing little vehicle go blindly for the swift diesel!
Old 5th August 2007, 19:56   #13

Thanks guys just checked out the TD on both Fusion and Fiesta.. Fiesta gives in better handling and also as mentioned before the interior of Fusion looks a little dull when compared to the basic version of Fiesta D. So probably.. its around 60K extra than the budget i planned. Think rather than waiting for next 8 months on Swift D... would have to go for Fiesta D. Hope to get a good car.... thanks again guys for the replies.
Old 5th August 2007, 21:20   #14
Team-BHP Support

Since you are from bangalore.

Don't buy from Metro Ford. Please read through this thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ase-court.html
Old 7th August 2007, 16:51   #15
BHPian

If you have the budget, then go for Fiesta. Undoubtedly, it is rocking - I am a proud owner of Ford Fiesta TDCi and its amazing.

BTW, Fusion also has the same engine. But there is not a big difference in price between the two.

And one more thing - I got the car from Metro Ford - So far- so Cool. You cant judge the dealer with one particular instance. its not that only Metro Ford, If it happens to any other dealer, even he may act clever - - this is the world today

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks