Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2007, 10:30   #16
Senior - BHPian

just curious, not ZXi - is it more to do with budget? aren't the airbags/ABS worth that much peace of mind? Over its lifetime, they can be lifesavers, no?
Old 7th August 2007, 14:40   #17
BHPian

I would suggest Aveo 1.4LS. These days the dealers are offering great discounts apart from the 3 year / 1 lakh km warranty offered by the company. I got my Aveo 1.4 last week. It truly is a VFM car.
Old 7th August 2007, 22:51   #18

Many thanks, gentlemen, again.
I am inclined to stretch a bit and accommodate the NHC or the SX-4 ZXI, as recommended by Senior BHPIans, and also because this would probably be the final car purchase of my lifetime. Which model NHC would be comparable to the ZXI and any recommendations between the two please, ie the NHC and the ZXI ???
I did test drive the ZXI on Sunday and found it comfortable to drive, good seat height, good ground clearance and road handling etc. Did find a blind spot on the front right. Is it an issue or does one get used to it ? As remarked by someone, the space inside the ZXI is not all that big, but that is not an issue with me. Pse give your rec between the two, more with respect to driving comfort & handling, engine technology, interiors, Aircon etc. Of course the current 6 weeks wait for the ZXI is an issue, but I could wait, or may be, the waiting period could come down. Thanks.
Old 8th August 2007, 00:25   #19

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

if fuel efficiency and interior space arent really a big concern for you,then you should look at the sx4 zxi.it offers a lot of kit for the same money as the nhc zx gxi variant.
just though i'd let you know the csd prices for the sx4 zxi and nhc gxi:they are 6.27lac and 6.32lac respectively.
though i would prefer my last car to be a honda for the brand image and the peace and comfort it offers.
p.s:btw where in noida do you stay?
Old 8th August 2007, 12:12   #20
BHPian

Officer, if you get the armed forces discount go for the SX4 ZXi. Else the SX4 VXi and bargain for factory fitted music player.
Old 8th August 2007, 19:44   #21

SX-4 ZXI Vs NHC Now ?!!!

Many thanks gentlemen for all your valuable suggestions.
I am now considering raising my budget a bit to include the SX-4 ZXI and the NHC in my short list, in view of the recommendations of senior BHPIans as also because this is most probably going to be my final car purchase. A few questions please :

(a) Which model of NHC would compare with the SX-4 ZXI ?

(b) I test drove the ZXI the other day and found it very comfortable to drive, good handling, good view from the pretty high driving seat, good ground clearance etc. Only one observation, there was a kind of blind spot on the right front window. Does one get used to it or is this an issue ?

(c) I also observed the relatively less space inside the ZXI, as pointed out by someone, but that is not an issue with me.

(d) Final comparison / analysis / assessment, if you please between the two (SX-4 ZXI & NHC), (or do I need to also keep the Aveo 1.4 LS still under consideration ?) based on :
(i) driving comfort, both in the city (NCR) and on the highway, as also on potholed roads.
(ii) handling / manoeuverability.
(iii)advanced technology/design/engine.
(iv) AC and other indoor features etc.
Old 8th August 2007, 20:18   #22
Team-BHP Support

IMO - i would take the sx4 over the nhc any day. it has a more powerful engine(about the same as the vtec), and better safety features and is overall more value for money. since you dont find the space a problem thats good. the blind spot is something your going to have to get used to.
Old 8th August 2007, 21:41   #23
Senior - BHPian

Ashok,

It will be SX4 - Zxi anyday. It is loaded with safety features like Airbags, ABS with EBD, ac climate control, Alloys with tubeless tyres of 205 R16. Moreover it is a VFM car. Regarding the blind spot, you will get used to it once you start driving this car.
Old 8th August 2007, 22:36   #24
BHPian

Since you would be doing highway driving, I think that the ABS & Airbags would definately help.
SX4 ZXi it should be.
Old 9th August 2007, 12:15   #25
Senior - BHPian

Just because you say its going to be your last car. I think you mean you would be keeping this car for some time. If i were you i would check out for the loaded City that's going to be launched pretty soon. I think they would give enough add ons at a good price so as to match the SX4. If i'm thinking of keeping a car for more than 5 years, i'll surely go for a Honda.
Old 9th August 2007, 13:08   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshokSawhney View Post
At the outset, many thanks, guys, for your prompt responses which have been very useful indeed. However, the opinion seems to be divided between the Aveo 1.4 LS and the SX-4. And of course the suggestion about adding the NHC to my short-list. I dont intend increase my budget for the SX-4 ZXI.

IRegards,
Ashok Sawhney

please check if teh SX4 is available in CSD- if yes then the zxi will be very close to 7 lakhs.
Old 9th August 2007, 13:24   #27
Senior - BHPian

Take SX4 Zxi eye shut..no hesitation in that.. it beats NHC more than 80% times in terms of Price/features/Ride/safety/engine performance/A.S.S etc. Though you might need to know that FE will be lesser by 2-3 kms and interiors are JUST ok when compared with NHC.. But for an educated car enthusiast who think OUT OF THE BOX, you know what to choose...

Last edited by iTNerd : 9th August 2007 at 13:26.
Old 9th August 2007, 13:27   #28
Senior - BHPian

Also compared to NHC maintainance costs are very less,you need to service the sx4 only once every 10,000 kms/1 year unlike the honda.
Old 9th August 2007, 13:31   #29
Senior - BHPian

I'd again take the safety angle. If this is the car you'd want to drive for the rest of your lief - take the ZXI, in your budget, it gives airbags and ABS.

Rest is all gadgetry. That 2-3km FE is important yes, so is ***, but its more imoirtant to have a car you feel much safer in.
Old 9th August 2007, 13:41   #30
BHPian

It is SX4 lot better than NHC. I too was in same stage to decide between SX4 & NHC, went ahead with SX4 due to lot of safety features. I am happy with my decision now.

P.S.:- You may want to look at my long term report on SX4 at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ms-report.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks