Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2007, 20:13   #1
BHPian

Optra/Aveo/City/SX4/Corolla ???

Should we go in for a Corolla executive or H1 compared to Optra 1.6 LT, NHC Gxi, SX4 Zxi or the Aveo topend. All the others except Corolla are priced about the same.
OTR prices are:
Corolla HE : 9.65 (after 35000 disc)
Corolla H1 : 10.55 (with ABS / airbags) (after 50000 disc)
NHC GXi : 8.13 (No disc.)
Optra 1.6 LT : 7.61 (With MP3) (after 100000 disc)
Aveo topend : 7.73 (with ABS and Airbags) (after 20000 disc)
SX4 ZXi : 7.63 (with Abs and Airbags) (No disc)

I'm getting a new OPTRA 1.6 LT at an on road price lower than NHC Gxi. Should I buy it? Any known or unknown issues? Any feedback will be appreciated.

The car is for my uncle 73 yrs. old, he wants Comfort, and Image, decent city mileage - since running is 1000 km city 250 km highway per month. Mainly chauffer driven. Car for 5 yrs at least.
(For Corolla he really has to stretch his budget past his mental comfort level). Which will be the most VFM?

Last edited by aah78 : 8th August 2007 at 20:22. Reason: HTML tags removed. Please don't use them, they don't work here.
Old 8th August 2007, 20:33   #2
Senior - BHPian

Get the one with the most safety features.
However since image is also a consideration, maybe the Optra would better fit the bill. Does this Optra have ABS, Airbags ? The Optra is probably the pre-Magnum model.

I think either of the SX4/Aveo would be the most logical choice. The Aveo looks better IMO.
Old 8th August 2007, 20:36   #3
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Think no further than the Optra.
Old 8th August 2007, 20:39   #4
BHPian

hi alankarm@sancha

i am in same search too but how is that u r getting sx4 zxi for 7.64 as u r in mumbai and prices of city too is very low as i have checked
i feel city is too comforting, well for safety goes in for sx4(but has a long waiting period)
Old 8th August 2007, 20:45   #5
Senior - BHPian

If image is of concern, Optra would suit the bill. It has one of the most comfy rides.
Old 8th August 2007, 20:48   #6
BHPian

Thanks for the extremely quick reply.

Will the Optra have a higher image than the NHC/SX4?

The Optra is without ABS and Airbags. Cassette player is being upgraded to MP3. It is definitely a pre Magnum model ut does that matter tecnically. In fact I prefer this to the New Magnum Facia. Magnum looks too cat eyed.

Is there any other difference? Technical, interiors or goodies?
Old 8th August 2007, 20:53   #7
BHPian

IMO optra seems to be the best choice for him..
It has the image, Build, FE (1.6), and Decent comfort.. everything he's looking for
Old 8th August 2007, 22:07   #8
BHPian

Since an aged man is going to drive, I would say buy the one which offers good safety features (ABS is bare minimum, IMHO). You should imagine how ABS will help during rainy season even in city drives.

IMHO, none of the listed cars lack image, all are reputed ones.

SX4 is best VFM, but since it has long waiting period, you can look at Aveo (I am assuming Optra doesn't have ABS, if yes then no questions, go for it).
Old 8th August 2007, 22:38   #9
Senior - BHPian

The car is for a 73 yr old, will be mainly chauffer driven with comfort, image and decent city mileage as the most important criteria. I am sure the short listed cars have made it to this list after a lot of research but looking at the requirements there is one car that comes in my mind. Toyota Innova.

Fabulous comfort for a 73 year old, getting in and out will be very easy, the car is supremely comfortable, very easy to drive, and being a Toyota has good image too. And you can choose between petrol and diesel.
Old 8th August 2007, 23:30   #10
BHPian

Go Aveo since u made a point VFM. Aveo is an real VFM car specially Aveo 1.6 with airbag. Optra would be next choice for me then comes city.
Old 8th August 2007, 23:54   #11
Senior - BHPian

For the best backseat go optra.... nothing in that price range gives as much passenger comfort.
Old 9th August 2007, 06:45   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pabheda View Post
i am in same search too but how is that u r getting sx4 zxi for 7.64 as u r in mumbai and prices of city too is very low as i have checked
i feel city is too comforting, well for safety goes in for sx4(but has a long waiting period)

I am getting the SX4 pice at Ajmer in Rajasthan. The waiting is also not very long, about a week, but depends on the colour choice.
Old 9th August 2007, 12:55   #13
BHPian

Have you given Cedia a thought. Among the makes/models mentioned, Cedia probably has the best safety features coupled with super ride and handling. I am in the process of changing my car and negotiating hard with Metro Motors in Mumbai along with Vishal Tanksale (TBHP member) and have managed 30K off on our first attempt. So if you do deside to go for Cedia in Mumbai, join in and we can get better discounts. Cedia Spirit OTR non octroi registration "before discount" is 9.63. I did a TD on Cedia and you can find the report at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-c...-spirit-6.html

Think about it.
Old 9th August 2007, 13:06   #14
Senior - BHPian

For the best backseat comfort either Optra or Innova, don't think beyond these 2 cars.

For old people getting in and out Innova is best vehicle. It has good ride comfort.

Optra is very good one as well for ride comfort might be better than Innova.

Looking into discounts it appears Optra is best bet, however think about Innova too.

Corolla/SX4/Aveo/City don't come even close to what Optra/Innova offers in back seat, so choose between Optra/Innova. Your uncle will be very happy with it.

Compared to other SUV Innova has less body roll so its almost like sedan with good ride and space.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 9th August 2007, 13:48   #15
Team-BHP Support

I would suggest the Optra or else the Corolla for your uncle, with a major tilt towards the Optra.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks