Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2007, 09:15   #1
BHPian

fusion + abs or sx4 zxi

hi,

Guys i really need your opinion on this as both the cars are very good in there own way & my uncle is very much inclined towards fusion top end all i need to know is it a gud buy VFM (if we buy now), i heard that the sales of the petrol model is decreasing as the diesel model is introduced into the market .

I would request all the fusion owners to give there opinion wether to go for it or not ...

yeah we TDed the fusion+ @ cauvery ford we are happy with the cars performance .
Old 16th August 2007, 10:16   #2
Team-BHP Support

Praveen, we have gemithomas as well as netarchie who are members here and own the Fusion. PM them for any info you would like.

If it were me here, i would probably go in for the SX4 ZXi.
Old 16th August 2007, 10:33   #3
BHPian

Quote:
yeah we TDed the fusion+ @ cauvery ford we are happy with the cars performance
I dont know how you were able to test drive Fusion + because the car was stopped almost a year back. Now they have Fusion Petrol and Diesel only. NO ABS on any Fusion models...

Back to the thread, given an option I would go for SX4 Zxi.
Old 16th August 2007, 10:56   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveencr85 View Post
hi,

Guys i really need your opinion on this as both the cars are very good in there own way & my uncle is very much inclined towards fusion top end all i need to know is it a gud buy VFM (if we buy now), i heard that the sales of the petrol model is decreasing as the diesel model is introduced into the market .

I would request all the fusion owners to give there opinion wether to go for it or not ...

yeah we TDed the fusion+ @ cauvery ford we are happy with the cars performance .

I dont think the Fusion + is being manufactured now. It must be a showroom piece that has been lying with them. PLease confirm this. AS far as i know there has been only one model of the fusion ever since they launched the facelift version of the fusion. THis was a stripped down variant with no ABS.
Old 16th August 2007, 12:11   #5
Senior - BHPian

Go for the SX4 - much much better car overall. Why a Fusion ? You get more space in boot in SX4. GC is better than Fusion .

There is no comparison between both these cars. My advise - Go for SX4.
Old 16th August 2007, 14:15   #6
Team-BHP Support

SX4 ZXi, no doubt!

If you had mentioned SX4 VXi, there would have been some things to think about, but SX4 ZXi is a very very good choice.
Old 16th August 2007, 16:40   #7
Senior - BHPian

Go for SX4-ZXi no doubt. You get airbags, icats apart from ABS/EBD and lot of other things in ZXi model if space is not an issue. If you need more space you can go in for Fusion.
Old 16th August 2007, 20:55   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
I dont think the Fusion + is being manufactured now. It must be a showroom piece that has been lying with them. PLease confirm this. AS far as i know there has been only one model of the fusion ever since they launched the facelift version of the fusion. THis was a stripped down variant with no ABS.

The dealer didnt say anything about this .

hey thanks for the info i will check it out .

@ others

Hey thanks for your opinions i will ask my uncle to have one more look at SX4 ..
Old 17th August 2007, 11:37   #9
Team-BHP Support

Praveen, since your uncle has the money, in that bracket the SX4 ZXi makes the most sense. As the others have pointed out, the Fusion+ is no longer available. However, for the SX4 ZXi there is a waiting period involved, and you need to take that into consideration.
Old 17th August 2007, 15:59   #10
BHPian

A small "+" can mislead to a lot of things

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Praveen, since your uncle has the money, in that bracket the SX4 ZXi makes the most sense. As the others have pointed out, the Fusion+ is no longer available. However, for the SX4 ZXi there is a waiting period involved, and you need to take that into consideration.

@All

There has been a misscommunication between us (my uncle)& the dealer about this Fusion+ , actually the vehicle in which my uncle Tded was Fusion+ (it was the badge behind the car that misled me) as all my fellow Bhpians told only base version of this model is available upon enquiring the matter with the dealer(i personally went to the dealer) i came to know that my uncle wanted that + badge on the vehicle if he chose to buy(Dont know why he asked for that) the dealer agreed to provide it with the car, so my uncle told me it as a fusion+ .

@benbsb29

My uncle is again back to square one coz he is still thinking wether to go to SX4 (he is doubting the car's reliability coz its a new model in the market).so i guess as off now it will be a wait & watch game
Old 17th August 2007, 16:53   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveencr85 View Post
My uncle is again back to square one coz he is still thinking wether to go to SX4 (he is doubting the car's reliability coz its a new model in the market).so i guess as off now it will be a wait & watch game
Coming from the Maruti Suzuki stable, it should be very reliable. The only issue will be rattles developing at later stages.
Old 17th August 2007, 21:54   #12
Senior - BHPian

@ praveencr85: Don't worry about the new car in the market. Out of all the manufacturers available in India, Maruti's *** is better than others. Moreover, the dealers personnel will be trained to handle if there are any issues. By the time you get the keys in your hand, it will be around 4~5 months of launch of this car and I feel the issues would have been addressed during that time.

@crazy driver: Every car has some problems as it gets older. It is up to buyer to choose from the best of the lot.
Old 17th August 2007, 22:21   #13
BHPian

BTW, what factors do you/your uncle consider while buying car? AFAIK Ford cars cost more to maintain than MUL's. This will be key factor to consider, IMHO.

I met up with an accident in my SX4 and it costed ~12K (insurance anyway took care mostly). My friends who own Ford cars (be it, whether Ikon or Fiesta) say that maintenance is high - I don't have exact details, though (TBHPians who own Ford cars can confirm).

BTW, do you want to look at my long term report before deciding with SX4? http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ms-report.html
Old 18th August 2007, 19:15   #14
Senior - BHPian

SX4 anyday:

Reasons:
1) Well equipped.
2) Decent Price.
3) Maruti After Sales Service.
4) Good resale value( being a maruti)
5) Ford service is not as good and expensive. Availability of parts may be an issue.
6) Sex appeal of the SX4 ( although your uncle may not be interested in it)
7) Latest technology.
Old 22nd August 2007, 11:48   #15
BHPian

Hi Praveen

I own a SX4 ZXi and before buying it I test drove almost every car available in the segment and none of them came close to it in terms of VFM, Performance and reliability (Being a Maruti)

I would suggest you to go for SX4 and you wont regret it. Only issue I found is the rear seat if you are going to carry 3 pessengers otherwise its a pleasure to drive. In just 15 days we drove it to 2000 KM including two high way trips and we got a FE of 13 in A.C. full time. The driving pleasure is just great with those 15" Alloy and high seating position. The steering controls are quite useful too.

Also, name me another car in the segment with same features (ABS, AirBag, Basic Music System, Steering Controls and so on)

I dont think fusions comes even close to it on above parameters.

cheers !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks