Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2007, 18:54   #16
BHPian

Thanks...
The car color is Steel Grey. The music system is Alpine and is a stock fitment. It also has a 12 CD changer in the boot. I wish to upgrade the speakers though.

In the past two days, I have covered 100 kms and it is a new experience for me with this car. Tomorrow I am driving to Mysore and am waiting for alarm to go off at 6am...Will take some snaps and post it tomorrow.

I have a doubt here:

I saw that there is a time lag between pressing the accelerator and the pick up of the car (say about 15 seconds)...is this normal? I haven't got the car serviced, just driving it the way I got them.
Old 27th August 2007, 21:57   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by weejai View Post
Thanks...
The car color is Steel Grey. The music system is Alpine and is a stock fitment. It also has a 12 CD changer in the boot. I wish to upgrade the speakers though.

In the past two days, I have covered 100 kms and it is a new experience for me with this car. Tomorrow I am driving to Mysore and am waiting for alarm to go off at 6am...Will take some snaps and post it tomorrow.

I have a doubt here:

I saw that there is a time lag between pressing the accelerator and the pick up of the car (say about 15 seconds)...is this normal? I haven't got the car serviced, just driving it the way I got them.
Congrats weejai....
are you sure it's 15 seconds ??? Or is it a typo?
Old 27th August 2007, 22:39   #18
BHPian

yes it is about 15 seconds....or I think it is the time taken to reach 1500 RPM and then it picks up the speed...
Old 28th August 2007, 00:05   #19
BHPian

The response is too slow. 15secs is an iternity!
Old 29th August 2007, 15:18   #20
BHPian

I am sorry...it is not 15 seconds, but max of 5 seconds....is this normal? Also, yesterday I covered about 130 kms in 1hour 50mins and got a FE of 15...
Old 29th August 2007, 15:49   #21
Senior - BHPian

Which Honda City have you bought? The New one (NHC) or the old one (OHC)?

The time lag you described seems more like the time taken for the engine to reach its optimal torque band from where it can accelerate comfortably. If it's around 1500rpm then it's ok but if more than you might ahve to get your car checked. Also, what gear is this happening in?
Old 29th August 2007, 16:42   #22
BHPian

hello raghava,
The time lag is experienced in 3rd, 4th and 5th particularly. In the 2nd gear, it picks up well, but after 1500 rpm, it suddenly hurries...If the AC is on at 2nd level and the speed come down to say about 30km/h, then I have to shift to second for a good pickup. If I move in the third, then I have to wait till it reaches 1500 to 2000 rpm to get the required pickup. This usually happens after I cross a speed breaker...

I have the OHC, 2000, 54K kms done, stock tyres, stock music system...everything else seems to be good, I am only afraid if this 'time lag' issue should grow into something very big...
Old 29th August 2007, 16:51   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by weejai View Post
Thanks...
Tomorrow I am driving to Mysore and am waiting for alarm to go off at 6am...Will take some snaps and post it tomorrow.
Congratulations!!! Do post some snaps of your new love (interior and exterior fotos)!

Have fun!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks