Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2007, 14:48   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Dude, go for the fiesta. It has more comfort, finish and brand value, also u'll get a lot more when u sell it compared to the pathetic resale of the fusion(going by the petrol models resale, the diesel wont be much better off i think)
Thats a tough one to answer. Fusion 1.6 had pathetic resale value because of the low mileage and low popularity in the market. New Generation Diesel cars are known to have good resale value, hence Fusion D might have a good resale value.

However looking at his low intial cost with Army pricing, a Fiesta will win over fusion with comparitively lower discounts.
Old 24th August 2007, 00:56   #17

Having the same confusion like you since the launch of the diesel version of fusion.. but just visited shaman ford to service my ikon and asked the works manager whats the opinion on the Fsion.. and he said he wouldn't recommend it, but dint get into details.. he said the fiesta would be a better choice
Also on seeing your requirements fiesta fits the bill perfectly.. and it has a great mileage.. and a sedan somehow has a upper hand compared to hatchbacks in India
Old 24th August 2007, 09:18   #18
BHPian

Quote:
and it has a great mileage..
Lot has been discussed on this forum about great mileage for Fiesta. Fusion and Fiesta share the same 1.4 engine and the over all weight difference is not much (40-50 Kgs prob) . So how is that Fusion will give less mileage that Fiesta?
Old 25th August 2007, 21:31   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupaxe View Post
Having the same confusion like you since the launch of the diesel version of fusion.. but just visited shaman ford to service my ikon and asked the works manager whats the opinion on the Fsion.. and he said he wouldn't recommend it, but dint get into details.. he said the fiesta would be a better choice
Thanks for the tip buddy; always nice to have a well meaning insiders opnion however short on details it may be !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhilashvk View Post
Lot has been discussed on this forum about great mileage for Fiesta. Fusion and Fiesta share the same 1.4 engine and the over all weight difference is not much (40-50 Kgs prob) . So how is that Fusion will give less mileage that Fiesta?
Your question might have the answer too, something I got off the internet for TDCi 1.6 on a Fiesta & Fusion in UK;

Fiesta TDCI 1.6 90PS 5-speed manual: 0-60 11.2 seconds; top speed 112 mph; combined mpg: 62.8; CO2 emissions: 119g/km; VED Group AA Diesel £85pa IG 6E; Gross vehicle weight 1,590kg

Fusion TDCI 1.6 90PS 5-speed manual: 0-60 12.2 seconds; top speed 109 mph; combined mpg: 61.4; CO2 emissions: 122g/km; VED Group A Diesel £115pa IG 6E; Gross vehicle weight 1,675kg

seems to suggest that the same engine shows different charecteristics right from pickup to emissions; may have something to do with a combination of Kerb Weight & Gearing Ratios.
Old 27th August 2007, 21:13   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajkail View Post
The issue is that the though two cars have different pricing in the open market the interesting part (for me) is that I am getting both at almost the same price, heres how;
1. Fiesta ZXi TDCi - Rs. 100,000/- (CSD / Army Pricing, thanks to my Dad)
2. Fusion TDCi - Rs. 16,000/- (ICICI Pricing, thanks to my Wife)
So the on road price for both cars ex-Chennai (for me) is Rs. 7.30 L give or take a couple of thousand (inclusive of 2nd & 3rd year extended warranty).
Why cant you get a discount on the Fusion through CSD. Do they have only specific vehicles on their list?
Old 28th August 2007, 07:03   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Why cant you get a discount on the Fusion through CSD. Do they have only specific vehicles on their list?
Yes the CSD has specific vehicles on offer that change from time to time for example the Fusion Petrol (at a Rs. 75,000/- discount) is available but the Fusion Diesel is not.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks