Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2007, 22:13   #1
BANNED

OPEL CORSA 2000..USED..clarification pl.

There is an offer for OPEL CORSA 1.6 GLS 2000. The car is is in good condition ( gear is bit tough- is corsa would be like that )
has done only 26500 km. genuine ODO as the service done in dec 2006 shows 24000 .The owner has spent about 13k( wheel cylinder 4000 rs , brake pad..wipers..things like costed 13000) how much FE can i expect . will AUTO GAS ( lovato, BRC can save some money ) the offer is about 1.75 in chennai. would maintenance be on the higher side if i plan to keep it for say 1 and a half to 2 years . pl share your opinion. TIA
Old 26th August 2007, 10:30   #2
BHPian

The price, IMO, is on the higher side. Corsa depreciates quicker than a Fiat. Secondly, if the odo is correct, it is worth investigating why the repair?

I am not in touch with Corsas anymore. But, two years back, their spares(when it comes) used to cost a bomb. Situation should have worsened by now, as production is stopped.

Having said that, Corsa ride is very comfortable
Old 26th August 2007, 11:05   #3
BHPian

1.75 for a Corsa 1.6 2000 model is really high. Even if its run only 26k.

@ maintenance costs - better stay away if it bothers you - they are not high as they used to be, but not very cheap too ( compared with other car's spares )
Also, parts availability is declining over the last one year.
Old 26th August 2007, 17:15   #4
BHPian

Its too expensive For this price i think if you like the car try to negotiate the price
Old 26th August 2007, 17:42   #5
v&v
Senior - BHPian

why you want to go for corsa !! look for esteem is alway a far far better option. gm and ford is always expensive to mantain and spares will not be locally avaliable. think twice !
Old 26th August 2007, 18:21   #6
BHPian

hi there

1.75 lacs i too expensive for its value. As you mentioned the plan is to just keep the car for 1 to 2 years. it would be very difficult for you to sell the car even for half of the price after 2 years.

Amit
Old 27th August 2007, 02:22   #7
BHPian

bro, corsa is a bull**** car, the only pros being the build and ride quality. Otherwise, its quite cramped and notchy. keep away would be an advice here even if u get it for 1-1.25 lacs
Old 27th August 2007, 09:11   #8
BHPian

Quote:
bro, corsa is a bull**** car, the only pros being the build and ride quality.
Boss, How can you commend that Corsa is a bull **** Car? I am sure you have not driven one..Of course it is not as good as a BMW or a high end car. It is known for the built quality and suspension. The gears are also smooth on our car and two other cars of my friends - all 1.4 ones.

Back to the topic, the 1.6 one has good torque and good car to keep if you are planning for 1 to 2 Year interval. Also as mostly discussed the sapres do not cost a bomb, they are very resonable. They used to cost very high initially, but GM has reduced the prices. We have a corsa 2003 October model which is extremly good ( except for the FE, which is about 14 to 15 on highways and 10 to 11 in Bangalore city). I am not sure on the resale values, but I know that they are not great.
Old 27th August 2007, 09:27   #9
BHPian

Of course it is not as good as a BMW or a high end car. It is known for the built quality and suspension. The gears are also smooth on our car and two other cars of my friends - all 1.4 ones.

Back to the topic, the 1.6 one has good torque and good car to keep if you are planning for 1 to 2 Year interval. [/quote]

corsa is a good car, but the resale value is damn bad, 1.75 for a 2000 model is really steep, if u can negotiate for 1-1.25 tat would be ok..... but if at all u r plannin conversion kit why not try esteem, then it would benifit u .
Old 27th August 2007, 11:54   #10
BHPian

well when i said "corsa is a bull**** car", i was echoing the words of my friend who owned a corsa 1.4 and had so much trouble with ots maintenance, and had to literally drop his selling price by a good amount. sorry, i didnt mean to hurt sentiments of corsa owners here.
but as i said, aprt from its build quality and ride, i dont think the corsa had anything to boast. it was very cramped, very low fuel efficiency and high maintenance..not to speak of the high initial price of the corsa.
Going for a 2nd hand corsa and that too today, is NOT ADVISABLE.

Shapath, it finally for you to decide, but just keep in mind corsa will be difficult to sell and maintain, and has low fuel efficiency, not speaking of the cramped interiors.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks