Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

View Poll Results: Which is best from a Rear Seat, economy and maintenance perspective ?
Getz Prime 1.1 23 33.82%
Swift Lxi 12 17.65%
Wagon R Duo 9 13.24%
Indica Turbo 33 48.53%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2007, 17:09   #16
Senior - BHPian

For best back seat comfort buy Indigo. Its very nice car, Diesel is trusted one Petrol is not advisible since usage is more than 2500km per month.

From the cars you have selected its Getz or Indica any day but no Diesel option.

But Indigo is best choice

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 29th August 2007, 17:37   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

IMHO, it's better to stick to a diesel Indica/Indigo/Marina depending upon the luggage/boot space required:

If he needs minimal boot space it's best to save money and go for the Indica Turbo. As you have mentioned Agra-Delhi trips, Indica may not be suitable because of limited boot space.

Indigo: Gargantuan deep boot but a high loading lip. Can take a lot of stuff etc but maybe overkill for your father for the short highway trip.

Marina: Best looking of the lot (IMO) and the most practical too. Ride is 'heavier' than its siblings but that should not be a issue for your father/chauffeur.

Further, IMO stay away from the Getz immediately as Hyundai will soon launch their new 'PA' car which is supposed to slot between the base Santro and the Getz. Inevitably they will fiddle with the Getz pricing and you will probably end up being the loser because they HAVE TO lower its price. It's not doing too well in the market and most people consider it overpriced. Also the CRDi one will be over your budget so don't hold your breath for that :-)

Don't worry unduly about maintenance costs for the Indica range. They are now VERY reliable and great highway cruiser with superb stability in the 80/90 kmph range.

Let us know your ultimate recco!
Old 29th August 2007, 17:50   #18
BHPian

Considering the mile munching you dad would be doing, stick to the sedan category.

I suggest the Marina. That one is a looker in the Tata range with loads of luggage space. Alternately the Indigo XL.
Old 29th August 2007, 23:46   #19
Senior - BHPian

Why dont you have a look athe the Indigo XL?
Old 30th August 2007, 10:59   #20
BHPian

Any reason why UVA is not in your list? Looking at your preference parameters, UVA seems ideal. Have a test drive.
Old 30th August 2007, 13:48   #21
aks316

hyundai getz is the best option out of all.. u cn also consider chevrolet aveo uva.. they both are good..

Old 30th August 2007, 14:08   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by radek View Post
Any reason why UVA is not in your list? Looking at your preference parameters, UVA seems ideal. Have a test drive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aks316 View Post
hyundai getz is the best option out of all.. u cn also consider chevrolet aveo uva.. they both are good..
Any reasons as to why you think the UVA or for that matter Getz suits his requirements? Or is it that you have no particular reason but seem to think so as you personally like these cars a lot?
Old 30th August 2007, 14:17   #23
BHPian

From your list Getz is the best option. For Sedans within the budget (4.5 L to 5.5 L OTR)you can consider a used Baleno which has the best back seat comfort.
Old 30th August 2007, 16:38   #24
BHPian

How come no body has suggested Ikon Flair, not even benbsb29. It fits the bill perfectly I believe, great back seats, decent mileage within the budget. Boot is added advantage.
Old 30th August 2007, 16:54   #25
Team-BHP Support

sivadas, i didnt want to appear like an all-out campaigner for the Flair, so thought of it, and decided to wait. Thanks for suggesting meanwhile.

Vikrantw1, please go thorugh my report on the Flair, the link to which i have provided on my signature. It has a decent/good backseat and being chauffer driven, seems to be the perfect fit for your requirements.
Old 30th August 2007, 17:30   #26
Senior - BHPian

Cant think of anything other than Indigo/Indica for your specific requirements. However, if you dont mind a petrol, then the Flair is more than capable.

As you are likely to clock 2500 kms a month, a larger boot might prove handy if you so require.
Old 30th August 2007, 18:17   #27
BHPian

yeah go for Aveo at 6L.
Best VFM car
and since it would be chauffer driven, it makes even more sense.
Old 30th August 2007, 18:43   #28
BHPian

Quote:
How come no body has suggested Ikon Flair, not even benbsb29. It fits the bill perfectly I believe, great back seats, decent mileage within the budget.
With the criterian - mileage of 2500 per months and low maintenance cost flair might be on a higher cost side. I am not sure what the new Flair will return per kilometre, those who own the old models claim a mileage of 10 kms in Bangalore city. Also how comfortable are the back seats? Flair owners, request your attention.
Old 30th August 2007, 19:08   #29
Senior - BHPian

i would say the ESTEEM.

it comes iwth a factory fit CNG KIT. That takes care of your fuel cost.

and secondly since you mentioned it will be primarily chaufered. So the back seat in the esteem is nice too.

so i think its the Old esteem.
Old 31st August 2007, 10:25   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhilashvk View Post
I am not sure what the new Flair will return per kilometre, those who own the old models claim a mileage of 10 kms in Bangalore city. Also how comfortable are the back seats? Flair owners, request your attention.
Abhilash, my Flair returns between 11-14kmpl in Bangalore city. I guess thats fair for a 1.3L engine? For further details, and for detailed mileage figures, please go through my Long Term review thread on the same. Link posted below on my signature.

Other owners too have put in their reports, so its just a misconception that the Flair is a gas guzzler.

As for back seat comfort, although i havent travelled much in the rear seats, never had any complaints on the same. Supposedly among the best rear seat comforts in its class.

Most Viewed