Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2007, 20:57   #16
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gokborki View Post
I have almost made up my mind to go for an Aveo.
I am now trying to see if the Base Aveo 1.4 can be fitted with airbags, ABS and electrically operated ORVMs.
I am in favour of doing this rather than go for an 1.6 Aveo as I am not convinced that fetaures like Body colured handles and mirrors, wood finish interiors are VFM.
What do you think?
Personally i would go for the SX4 ZXi.

Aveo 1.4 is a also a good choice. However, dont try to fit ABS+ airbags as after-market fitments. Electrical operated ORVMs are ok though (if dealers can do it)
Old 4th September 2007, 21:05   #17
BHPian

Quote:
I have almost made up my mind to go for an Aveo.
I am now trying to see if the Base Aveo 1.4 can be fitted with airbags, ABS and electrically operated ORVMs.
I am in favour of doing this rather than go for an 1.6 Aveo as I am not convinced that fetaures like Body colured handles and mirrors, wood finish interiors are VFM.
What do you think?
I'd suggest not to try aftermarket fitments, if you want ABS, Airbags etc better to go for AVEO 1.6 with option Pack (since you have finalized on AVEO) or SX4 Zxi.
Old 4th September 2007, 22:16   #18
aks316

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
I drove a brand new Aveo of my friend yesterday, the gearshift was hard i hope it will improve after some kms.
you might be right but how did you find the car overall.. ??

Old 4th September 2007, 23:42   #19
BHPian

If you have the money to spend, its better spent on Safety. Euro NCAP Crash Test Results: Aveo 1.5-star, Suzuki SX4 (hatch) 4-stars for Adult Occupant Safety...& mind you this is for Eupropean spec cars with 6 Airbags etc.,
Old 5th September 2007, 08:40   #20
BHPian

Looking at the SX4 ownership reports on this forum, I'm tempted to buy the SX4. All the owners here seem to be enjoying their SX4's very much.

I would suggest SX4 over Aveo 1.6 if you plan to keep the car for a long time. If you plan to sell within 3-4 years then either of the cars should be be OK.
Old 5th September 2007, 12:17   #21

Yes, I do plan to keep the car for quite a while.
Are you suggesting to go for SX4 based on the resale valure point of view?
Old 5th September 2007, 12:53   #22
Senior - BHPian

I do not think getting after market ABS / Airbags fitted in cars is a very good idea. Have not seen anyone getting this done.

Go for the fully loaded SX4 ZXi , beautful car with excellent saftey features, and of course at a great VFM package. Resale should also be very good.
Old 5th September 2007, 12:54   #23
BHPian

With the discounts and Chevy Promise my vote goes for Aveo 1.6. ABS and Airbags are a safety devices that cannot be compromised whether you drive in the city or highway.
Old 5th September 2007, 13:27   #24
aks316

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.dre View Post
If you have the money to spend, its better spent on Safety. Euro NCAP Crash Test Results: Aveo 1.5-star, Suzuki SX4 (hatch) 4-stars for Adult Occupant Safety...& mind you this is for Eupropean spec cars with 6 Airbags etc.,
ya your right about aveos bad crash rating in euro ncap but you will be surprised to know that in US crash rating aveo got much better rating than euro ncap.. i dont know hw is this possible.. this is the site check it out.. 2007 Chevrolet Aveo 4-DR. w/SAB NHTSA NCAP

Old 5th September 2007, 13:35   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, I do plan to keep the car for quite a while.
Are you suggesting to go for SX4 based on the resale valure point of view?
Its too early to comment on resale value. Knowing maruti, you may get a slightly better price for SX4 for sure.
Old 6th September 2007, 10:49   #26

Any idea how much will be the difference in FE between the 1.4 Aveo and the 1.6 Aveo?
Also how does the FE of SX4 compare with 1.6 Aveo?
Old 6th September 2007, 12:18   #27
aks316

Quote:
Any idea how much will be the difference in FE between the 1.4 Aveo and the 1.6 Aveo?
aveo 1.4 gives around 12.45 overall and aveo 1.6 gives around 12.2 overall as per my knowledge.. sx4 has the lowest average in the c segment.. honda city is the best then comes aveo & fiesta and then verna and the last is sx4.. overall i find aveo better than sx4.. and aveo is the best looking car in the c segment as per all the magazines but it depends on people to people.. if you want a stylish and comfortable car go for the aveo.. and looks do matter..

Old 6th September 2007, 13:09   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1.4 aveo should give FE of 11-13km in city condition and 1.6 giving a slightly lower of around 10-11km.. my SX4 gives around between 11-12 kms so far in city condition..
Old 6th September 2007, 13:18   #29
BHPian

Quote:
As per ACI road test reports, FE is almost similar in 1.4 and 1.6 Aveo. The 1.4 gives slightly more than 1.6 .. may be 1 kmpl.

And the milage mentioned in ACI for SX4 and 1.6 Aveo is almost the same.

So FE wise there shouldn't be any worries. Test Drive both the cars (1.6 Aveo and SX4) and pick the one that you are more comfortable with.

If 1.6 Aveo, then go for the top end model with the safety features like ABS/Airbags.
Old 6th September 2007, 13:43   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks316 View Post
aveo 1.4 gives around 12.45 overall and aveo 1.6 gives around 12.2 overall as per my knowledge.. sx4 has the lowest average in the c segment.. honda city is the best then comes aveo & fiesta and then verna and the last is sx4.. overall i find aveo better than sx4.. and aveo is the best looking car in the c segment as per all the magazines but it depends on people to people.. if you want a stylish and comfortable car go for the aveo.. and looks do matter..
I disagree dude.. I was inclined to Aveo looks when it was launched..only thing keeping me away from owning one was due to notchy gearbox and GM tag (though both are gradually getting better with time).. but with SX4 launch and having a closer look & feel, there was no going back... To me, I like the SX4 design - a balanced for City, Highway and off-road capability.. Look wise, its very agressive from the front .. the side is bit dull though.. but overall, looks better than a boxy design of Aveo.. sorry no offense to Aveo owners.. being a bachelor and tech freak, I like cars that are bold, revving engine, and big wheels... sorry 14 inchers are way too small for a C-segment car.. ride suffers badly though FE might be better... but considering the weight of the car (1200 kg), 1.6 litre engine with 16 inchers, a FE figure of 11-12 km under city condition is exceptionally good.. put these factors into Aveo or for that matter NHC, and guess the mileage of these cars will be... I am sure it will be significantly lower (if not pathetic)..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks