Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2007, 16:27   #1

I have a Fiat Adventure Sport 1.6 for 8 months now

Hi all,Against a number of odds like the questionable Tata-Fiat JV and the fuel efficiency bit we did fall for the Fiat Adventure Sport 1.6 last January. I simply couldn't resist the +ves she had to offer - and believe me, in the last 8 mos or so our Adventure has lived up to most of those that she claimed.Now I am faced with a situation on which perhaps I could get some hot tips from all you great folks out there. I may have to travel abroad relatively long term but we love our car so much that we just can't give her up! So plan B is to send her to my parents' place which is not a big city. So if I have her parked there with someone regularly taking care of keeping her warm and tidy, I still have the problem of periodic service needs for which there is no authorized Tata/Fiat presence at arm's length. She has hardly done 7600 kms and we are barely done with the first 2 free services.BTW, to warm hearts of all you Fiat fans out there, we did some long distance in the last few months such as Bangalore - Coorg, Bangalore - Chennai - Mahabalipuram and Bangalore - Hassan -Belur - ShravanBelagola. Driving her on the highway was an absolute joy for her stability and roomy overdrive, and she returned a decent 14.5kpl with the a/c on 95% of the time and 5 adults on board. I used Shell non-premium (I always pick this because our BS-III needs Octane 91 which in non-additive laced fuel afaik is offered only by Shell).I will greatly appreciate any tip/insight!Cheers,Chirantan
Old 9th September 2007, 21:54   #2
Senior - BHPian

If your parents need the car then send Advneture to their place and let them be happy I feel Adventure mini SUV and its ideal for old people and village use.

I feel once a while you can have them visit nearby service center to get it serviced.

I plan to gift my parents either Safari or Adventure next year. These 2 vehicles are right choice as far as back seat comfort is concerned.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 9th September 2007, 22:03   #3
Senior - BHPian

I think you should keep it, since selling it wont give you back much what you invested in buying it.
Old 9th September 2007, 22:37   #4

Thanks Ravi - I think you echo what I am feeling. My parents live in a town, not a village, so the car could be put to good driving use. Besides I checked that there are Tata service centers in town and the nearest Fiat service center is about 300kms away. So we might be able to manage this with 'long' drives to the service center once in a while.

Busa - I love this adventure baby. I do not want to sell this car because the RoI is in keeping and enjoying it. Cheers

Chirantan
Old 17th August 2010, 16:51   #5
Senior - BHPian

What happened further? I am very curious.

Did you retain the car or sold it?
Old 16th June 2011, 09:12   #6

Re: I have a Fiat Adventure Sport 1.6 for 8 months now

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
What happened further? I am very curious.

Did you retain the car or sold it?

I still have the car. Has kept up with me as much as I have with it Had an issue with the front suspension in 2010. Grateful to have had spare parts available and problem resolved smoothly enough.
Old 16th June 2011, 10:24   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chirantanaranya View Post
I still have the car. Has kept up with me as much as I have with it Had an issue with the front suspension in 2010. Grateful to have had spare parts available and problem resolved smoothly enough.
Mind posting a LongTerm Ownership report of the Adventure.
It's been with you for more than 4 years now. Would love hear the details about it and see some nice pics, if you can .
Old 16th June 2011, 10:28   #8
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by chirantanaranya View Post
1.6 Fiat Adventure.... Sigh.....

I saw one in RED in 2006 when the decision was made to buy our First New car... My heart was always in it, but a BIG RED Beast standing next to it ( THE RED SAFARI DICOR) made me change my mind

I just love this car for its design and build quality.

All the Best with a long term ownership.
PAVAN KADAM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2012, 00:18   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Mind posting a LongTerm Ownership report of the Adventure.
It's been with you for more than 4 years now. Would love hear the details about it and see some nice pics, if you can .
Hi sorry I am way late in replying - haven't been around for some time.

Anyway, I continue to own my Adventure 1.6 petrol. It's fuel efficiency is the most unfriendly, "in your face" type thing but you know this is tough love..

I discovered that if I don't do a full tank refuel, rather do just Rs.1000 at a time (that's about 13 ltrs), then I get good start/stop performance (maybe the car isn't that heavy that way?). But the sweetest thing is doing this lets a fuel efficiency of 10kpl (city, without AC). That's by far the best I've gotten from the car in my 6 years of ownership.

The Pirelli all weather tyres have worn out, so I will replace them shortly. I might go for Yokohama or Michelin at the cost of slight handling changes, but Pirelli again is a no no. I found the Pirellis attracted too many punctures but I am going to miss their awesome ride quality.

The engine seems to have "tuned in", the sound just right and the body sturdy as ever. Had to change batteries and those tiny master/slave clutch parts because they were leaking hydraulics. No major work so far, touch wood.

Haven't driven much at all, may be about 7000kms in last three years. The odo reads just over 31k as of this writing.

As always, she is an eager baby in the 4th and 5th gear positions. I love the power that sets in while engine rpm stays at a tame 2000.
chirantanaranya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2012, 11:55   #10
BHPian

Chirantanaranya, thanks for sharing your experience.

Do share some pictures of the beauty (or beast as some would prefer) that you own.
Old 17th February 2013, 15:07   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by johy View Post
Chirantanaranya, thanks for sharing your experience.

Do share some pictures of the beauty (or beast as some would prefer) that you own.
Here you go
chirantanaranya is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks