Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2007, 11:22   #16
Senior - BHPian

My choice would be OHC, bought 1.3EXi last year and love the machine.

Am easily getting around 13-14 in city, sticky traffic condition driving mostly in 2 and 3 gear.

On hi way easy 17+.

good luck

Last edited by lohithrao : 19th September 2007 at 11:24.
Old 20th September 2007, 17:08   #17
BHPian

Hello Friends,

Thank you for your suggestions.

My only concern on buying OHC is that,I already own a SWIFT-VXI which is 1300CC and 87BHP.I think if I get OHC 1.3 then both the vehicles will be of same power(I think SWIFT will be more powerful) and this is the reason my mindset is going towards Baleno,though my heart says Honda City(old).

Please guide me friends...I really need your help.Also,let me know FE for Baleno.
Old 20th September 2007, 17:16   #18
Senior - BHPian

raja748 if you are looking at buying a baleno go for it. You wont regret your decision with regards to A$$ and availability of parts. MUL for sure wont let you down.

With regards to FE you can expect 13+kmph within city limits and abt 15+kmph on the highway. These are just average figures, we have better claims on the FE front here in the forum.

Search for long term ownership reports here on the forum and they sure will help you on deciding if you should pick up a Baleno.
Old 29th September 2007, 10:58   #19
BHPian

Please Advice

Yesterday I visited Truevalue outlet in my area for a Baleno.The details are as follows:

Baleno-LXI;August-2004 model;Colour-White;Running:28600kms
The vehicle is with stock tyres (bridgestone but not tubeless).No filming and no automatic locking system.No fog lamps.

Price quoted by dealer is Rs.4.35 lacs.I bargained with him and got a Sony music system with four speakers and insurance renewal.

Vehicle is in good condition,completely single handed.There are 2-3 small scratches though.I TD the car and found its performance superb.The pic-up and handling is fantastic.There are no cabin sounds and ratteling etc.Cooling is great.But i feel there is some road noise while driving at high speeds.My be because of stock tyres.

I was satisfied,but need suggestions from experts here on following points:

1) is it a right deal for the given price and offer?
2) what are the other things which i need to check?
3) after returning from TD,when the car stopped and engine was off,I noticed some noise like "cut,cut,cut,tik,tik" from the car.The person told me that it is because of catalyc convertor which requires time to cool down.Is this normal with Baleno??
4)I feel battery is not that powerful.Dealer said he will check and if required replace it.Same with wipers.
5)What else I should bargain getting from the dealer?
6)Another thing is there is no rear defogger or wiper,is this a cause to worry?

I ruled out OHC as there is only one dealer in Pune and it is nearly 25-28 kms away from my house.So A.S.S.may be a problem.Another thing is ground clearance of OHC.

Please guide me friends as I need to take decision very fast.

Thanks and Regards.
Old 1st October 2007, 11:51   #20
Senior - BHPian

@Raja if you are considering to pay 4.3 for a used petrol car, why not stretch your budget a little and buy a new diesel (Swift, Indigo). sounds more practical?
Old 1st October 2007, 12:00   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
@Raja if you are considering to pay 4.3 for a used petrol car, why not stretch your budget a little and buy a new diesel (Swift, Indigo). sounds more practical?
Actually my running per month is not suitable for a diesel car and I already have a hathback (SWIFT-VXI),so looking for a saloon.I personally don't like Indigo due to low on power and comfort (no offence to Indigo owners please)

Most Viewed